Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag

Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag (Nate the Great #10)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  12 reviews
It's gone! Oliver's boring blue beach bag is gone. Inside are his clothes, shoes, and a special seashell. All he has left is his beach ball.

This is a perfect case for Nate the Great and his trusty dog Sludge. But they don't find many clues in the sand and surf. What trail should they follow next? Follow the leader to find out!
Published August 28th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 1987)

Bora
- Oliver lost her beach bag.
- Nate took the case of Oliver's missing bag.

1> Oliver said he put his beach bag beside his beach ball.
2> Oliver ran to Rosamond's restaurant when he saw a scary dog.
3> Nate could see Annie and Fang runing to him. And she said she was running from the end of the beach to the other end. She said she saw his beach bag.
4> Nate found out it was not impossible for Annie to see the bag because he had not run to the place where the ball was.
5> Nate conclude...more
Seth
Nate the Great solved the case. The bag didn't move the ball moved. Rosamond had sandwiches with sand in them.
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r...more
DixieJo
My non-reader (gasp) is reading! He picked this book to read for our next book club (that is about animals - and this has a dog on the cover so it must be about dogs right? I was just so excited that he picked a nearly-chapter book I didn't care that it isn't about animals really!) He is reading everyday and has a schedule to be finished by the next book club. I am proud of him.
Hillary
In this easy reader, Nate the Great Detective is on the case. He needs to find Oliver's missing plain old blue boring beach bag. Nate uses his deductive skills to figure out where the beach bag is. Some of the text is long so this text would not be a beginning easy reader. The story includes other minor characters such as Sludge, Rosamond, and Esmeralda.
R.C.
I once read this as a kid, and now I got to read pay it forward. It is a cute story, filled with some sleuthing that surely keeps some younger kids guessing until the very end. Some of the sentences were overly simplistic, but it was a good, quick read for my 5-year old to enjoy.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 430 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.7 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
Dolly
Sep 03, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun story in the "Nate the Great" series. It's a bit predictable, but the mystery is actually not that hard to imagine and Nate shows an impressive sense of direction and common sense. Our girls like these books and they are good, short mysteries that are fairly easy to solve.
Elizabeth
My daughter is on a Nate the Great kick right now. She is three and asked our librarian to help her find one. This is the one she chose. She really likes Sludge. This one was a little difficult for her to get conceptually. But, she is still a fan.
Heather
My son really enjoys the Nate the Great series. We read this one before bed. He's starting to want us to read chapter books, and these are easy enough to read in just a couple nights. They are easy to follow and help with comprehension skills.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Nate the Great books are great! I recommend them for children who easily get bored with chapter books but are more advanced for chapter books.
Kristen Leininger
Beginning Reader: Basic and easy to understand, yet interesting story-line. Nate the Great is smart and witty.
Anjenette Sumaoy
I read it in my 6th grade. My bestfriend gave me that book. It's good. A practice for us in our reading comprehension
Tori
Tori added it
Jun 09, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Joanna
Joanna added it
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case