Start by marking “Anecdotes in Ashes” as Want to Read:

Anecdotes in Ashes

An adorable baby grows up to be a curiously toothy child ... an intimate look at the horrors of enduring the ghostly affection of a dead spouse, night after night ... a man discovers the terrible secret to eternal life ...

Anecdotes in Ashes is a short stroll through the side streets and alleyways of your nightmares, featuring the dark microfiction of the writing collective
Published August 10th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Anecdotes in Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anecdotes in Ashes

Brainycat
blasphemy: 3
Bechdel Test: FAIL
Deggan's Rule: FAIL
Gay Bechdel Test: FAIL

A very short collection of even shorter stories. Most of them were really good; the weakest pieces in the collection I'd still consider to be decent writing. I'm not too familiar with this "microshort" format, this was essentially my first introduction. I liked it a lot. While the collection is only 53 pages in my reader, it was the right length. Too many of these shorts
Fanny
Jan 31, 2014 Fanny rated it really liked it
Not a bad collection, the amount of hits were more than duds. Easy one night read with the occasional photo to creep you out.
Tessa
Feb 20, 2014 Tessa rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-in-2k14
This book was okay, most of the stories were pretty good. A few were super creepy, one was mildly disturbing, and a couple were lame. Basically a collection of creepypasta.
Kate
Oct 30, 2013 Kate rated it it was ok
Keeping in mind I'm someone who has watched movies such as Martyrs and can watch/read crime scene details while keeping a straight head...

This book was far too disturbing. Basically it felt like the authors wrote these stories merely for shock value. It included things like graphic cannibalism, sexually gratifying murder, pedophila, and extreme perversion all around. Particularly the stories by "B.C Lawson" disturbed me and made me wonder if he is actually a perverted serial killer. And who want
Tanya K
May 04, 2014 Tanya K rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-ebook
Some stories in this collection -- particularly those by D.G. Collins(IPostAtMidnight) and Kelsey "CaseByCase" Donald -- were incredible; well-written and chilling. Unfortunately, the others were okay at best, and at worst not worth the time spent reading; every cheap, gorey, gratuitous cliche of creepypasta is paraded here to try and pique the reader's interest.

If you're purchasing this (which may well be worth it if you're a fan of alternative horror), it's better to imagine that you're payin
Elaine Fisher
Anecdotes in Ashes

I was somewhat disappointed in this book in that it was advertised as in horror genre,but I really couldn't find the horror except in a few of the stories. Most of them were almost funny in a wicked sort of way. I'm not saying that the book isn't worth reading by any means, I did enjoy it. It just isn't the kind of book that will keep you up late at night or make you hide under the covers!
Evan Peebles
May 21, 2016 Evan Peebles rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of horror and I'm a fan of micro-fiction (since I write some myself), so this was/still is a great book for me. There is a large majority of stories in it but it could use a few more. Some of the stories hit me in the gut and some made me think about them for a second. Anyway, a perfect read for a rainy day. Or night.
Kristina
Dec 13, 2015 Kristina rated it liked it
Okay

Uneasily some of the stories were good,others just gross. A lot of the last chapter is disgusting to the point that I skipped much of it.
Maria
Feb 06, 2016 Maria rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Maria by: The NoSleep Podcast
Shelves: horror
I read a few stories each night before bed and each time I just loved the stories. Great flash fiction collection!
Tyler Tsoumbos
Tyler Tsoumbos rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Igorina
Igorina rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2016
Rafael Marmol
Rafael Marmol rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
John Rowe
John Rowe rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Kelli
Kelli rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2014
Sean Mckenzie
Sean Mckenzie rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Sarah Anderson
Sarah Anderson rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Shalane Weidow
Shalane Weidow rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2017
Nthman16
Nthman16 rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Jarod Sagendorph
Jarod Sagendorph rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2014
Louise BDGG
Louise BDGG rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2014
Arne Sørli
Arne Sørli rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Jocelyn Castellanos
Jocelyn Castellanos rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2013
Fred
Fred rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Andrew Turcich
Andrew Turcich rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Lucas
Lucas rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2015