Start by marking “Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)” as Want to Read:
Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)

Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones #3)

UNABLE TO AVOID HER DESTINY ANY LONGER, Emariya has become the leader her mother always envisioned. Before she can focus on embracing her gifts to unify her three lands, she must first stop her own land from dissolving into civil war. Spurred by her brother’s devious policies and thirst for power, the people of the Uplands have surged into revolt. If Emariya cannot ...more
2nd Edition
Published by Kelly Walker (first published May 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Stone

Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
Wow, this was a roller coaster! Definitely a good end to this series - the story is quite unpredictable (which I like) and the characters and setting are all interesting. The characters especially are very well written; they develop in a good way throughout the series and also in this book. Also very glad to see many of my ships come true in the end!
Inna
May 18, 2013 Inna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Inna @Inna's Little Bookshelves
*** I would like to thank Kelly Walker who provided me with an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review***
Okay so I fell in love with this series a few months ago and I am really sad to see it come to an end, but I don't think there could have been a better way to tie up the series.This finale was filled with loss, intense action, betrayal, forgiveness, love, friendship and family bonds. It was definitely the edge of your seat read that had me flipping
Lori
I fell in love with Cornerstone and these characters a few short months ago, and hanging with Emariya and Torain has been nothing but a blast. Each book takes the reader on an epic adventure. Broken Stone is my favorite out of the series. I loved every single minute I spent reading it.
Emariya's journey has been nothing but ups and downs since we first met her. She is such a strong character, she face adversity head on. Even when she thinks all is lost she still continues to go on. I love that!
Jul 26, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Kelly Walker, All Night Reads, and Netgalley.)
This is the third book in the ‘Souls of the Stones’ series, and kicks off where book 2 ‘Second Stone’ left off.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for books 1 and 2 ‘Cornerstone’, and ‘Second Stone’.**
Now that Emariya and Torian have bound the lines, it’s up to them to rescue Torian’s sister Terin, who has been kidnapped by Emariya’s brother Reeve.
How can
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 16, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Ooh! Pretty cover as usual!* :D

Wow. What an amazing conclusion!!

I got introduced to the "Souls of Stones" series after the second book was released and became an instant fan. I was a bit skeptical on whether "Broken Stone" would meet up to standards and expectations BUT THANKFULLY Kelly Walker delivered!!

The plot, the pacing, and characters were great!

Emariya was definitely one of the better heroine's that I've read in young adult reads. She is not whiny and annoying and takes what's given to h
Farrah
Jun 21, 2013 Farrah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely magnificent conclusion to this series! Broken Stone was an epic read and a satisfying conclusion to one of my favorite series!

Everything was perfect in this book.

Emariya realized her full potential and became a formidable heroine. She was awesome, a truly wonderful character.

Torian was as sweet as ever and a strong leader to his people. He was a brilliant hero, a perfect match to Emariya.

The romance was wonderful. These two were so sweet together. And talk about a power couple! You
Melissa
Jul 22, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Okay so first I want to say that I recieved the Omnibus edition from Netgalley but reviewed them as seperate books in order to better rate them individually. However you really can not do this. They flow so well into one another & although each book can be a bit lengthy they are very well written & keep the blood flowing so to speak throughout. I was really impressed and am really happy I was given the chance to read them all. I kind of wish the in between/additional books had been ...more
Jessica
Sep 02, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
www.2thepointbooks.blogspot.com

3.5

I was a bit sad when this trilogy ended, which I read in its recently published Souls of the Stones Omnibus form. I was fully intrigued and invested in the lives of Emariya and Torian, along with their faithful and loyal friends.

Right from the start, I was launched into a plot filled with good pacing, quick action and political intrigue. The bad guys get what they deserve (although it would have been cool if those scenes were drawn out a little more); and the go
Erin
Dec 12, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
With Broken Stone, a good portion of this book is each character getting to know themselves, both their best pats and their darkest parts. Each character's loyalties and commitments are tested, and it's interesting to see how it all falls out. There were definitely a few surprises in here for me as well, which was great. Also a lot of exploration of their various powers, which I always enjoy when I'm reading fantasy.

A good ending to a good series; pretty much all questions were answered, though
Trista Siegel
Oct 15, 2013 Trista Siegel rated it liked it
Finally, the war. That is the kind of action I have been waiting for. Only it wasn’t as fantastic as I was hoping. Everything was fast and it ended before you knew it. Where is the action packed fighting and adventure? If there is a war then there should be a big drawn out war. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good book and a good series but it’s not the greatest. Everyone lives happily ever after and we all are happy with the ending, just not how it got there. I am a young adult author and reader but ...more
Taylor
Jul 27, 2013 Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-series
This book was an amazing conclusion to the souls of stones series!
If you were captivated by Riya and Torian's love in the previous books, you will not be let down in this book! A really great love story between the two of them that just gets better and better as you read.
Plus, you get an ending to all of the other characters as well including what happens to Terin and Riya's evil brother.
In all seriousness, this series is as good a read as The Hunger Games and other popular YA series. I could
S
Sep 26, 2013 S rated it really liked it
This was a great read. Ms. Walker writes a fantastic YA series. I thought the books only got better and better. The heroine, Emariya, is tied to her soul mate, Torian and they face the future together. This book simply continued from the second book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot only got better as the series went on. This series was my first read for Ms. Walker, but it definitely won’t be my last.
Meghan
Sep 12, 2013 Meghan rated it liked it
Tween read. Nothing offensive. Lots of time spent blushing over steamy kisses, no cursing. Lots of angst and betrayal. Lots of matchy matchy insta love. The kind of book u would consider and epic romance if u were 12. It has its place, and isn't bad at what it does. Just don't expect something else going into it.
Alannah Clarke
Jul 14, 2013 Alannah Clarke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, netgalley
A brilliant conclusion to a great series, I was hooked on this book from the beginning, though I think this was down to the cliff-hanger at the end of the second book.

I loved the romance between Torian and Emariya, it felt so much stronger than the previous two books and made the characters more real to me this time. The plot was brilliant, I adored it! Amazing book.
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
I loved this Cornerstone Series. The books were great. The characters are lovable and caring. The setting is fascinating and the plot is enticing. Broken Stone had plenty of action and a perfect balance between good and evil, humor and severity, happiness and sorrow, romance and despising, and so much more. Broken Stone is a fitting conclusion for this awesome series. Well done Kelly Walker!
Julie Bird
Oct 13, 2015 Julie Bird rated it liked it
the storyline was interesting, but the heroine was such a mess. One minute she was trying to be strong and independent (and kind of rude & obnoxious), then the next she is a fainting, whining spoiled little girl who can't make a decision.
I won't be going on with this trilogy...
Veronica
Mar 21, 2016 Veronica rated it really liked it
a good conclusion to the trilogy.!! much enjoyed story with the perfect amount of action and description and background. relatable characters, pretty realistic story for a fantasy makes it more enjoyable for me to read. easy read which is great.. part of is there were no errors I could pick up on.
Victoria George
May 31, 2013 Victoria George rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this trilogy. They were fast-paced, and I never really felt like I was wasting time reading them. I'm excited for the next books, and would really like to have a sequel more focused on the children. But I still loved the series. A++!
Kelli Jean
Oct 09, 2013 Kelli Jean rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This was a great way to finish the tale. More emotionally invested, the heart strings pulled for the characters in Broken Stone more so than the first 2 books. A story of treachery, it ended in the power of forgiveness and love.
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Keri-ann Kemner
Keri-ann Kemner rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Michelle Nelson
Michelle Nelson rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Sarah Woodburn
Sarah Woodburn rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Lake
Lake rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Cheryl Landmark
Jun 15, 2015 Cheryl Landmark rated it liked it
Review to come soon.
Robin. Wirth
Robin. Wirth rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 05, 2015 07:58PM
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)
  • Wildwood (Moonlit, #3)
  • Fallen Embers (Alterra Histories #2)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • The Golden Cage (A Dance of Dragons, #0.5)
  • Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • The Savage Principle (#3)
  • The Chessboard Queen (Guinevere, #2)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)
  • Blood of the King (Khirro's Journey, #1)
  • Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)
  • Knight Assassin
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • Real Time
  • Empyreal Fate
Kelly Walker is a YA and NA author of several romantic titles, including the Souls of the Stones series. She has an unhealthy appreciation for chocolate, and a soft spot for rescued animals. Her best lessons on writing came from a lifetime of reading. She loves the fantastical, and the magical, and believes a captivating romance can be the most realistic magic of all. Kelly, her husband and her ...more
More about Kelly Walker...

Souls of the Stones (3 books)
  • Cornerstone (Souls of the Stones, #1)
  • Second Stone (Souls of the Stones, #2)