Start by marking “Slick as Ides” as Want to Read:
Slick as Ides

Slick as Ides

What happens when a germophobe, elusive computer hacking genius has to stop to fuel up her car and it’s stolen right from under her nose by a handsome vagrant?

Revenge of course.

Only he’s no vagrant. He’s a computer hacking genius, too, and her competition.

Curses along with inhibitions—fly out the window and through the phone when he calls repeatedly to harasses her. Who wi
Published September 18th 2013 by Mayhem Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Slick as Ides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slick as Ides

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
*ACR copy for an honest review ! *

Its time to MOVE OVER DOMINIC KNIGHT ! WEV'VE GOT A NEW DIRTY TALKING PLAYBOY IN TOWN ;)

OMG ! Honestly ! Slick as Isles was such a crazy ,hilarious ride.. the chracters..there sooo original,i can bet you've never read anybody as crazy as these two...

The sexual chemistry between these two was border-ling on REDHOT ! And that warning in the summary about graphic love scenes, crude language, and dubious consent. ?

Its all true.

If your the kind of person ,who get
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Sep 24, 2013 ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover) rated it did not like it

I unfortunately pick out books based on ratings and was really excited to read this one. I didn't get the story or the characters, it was just bizarre!

[image error]

A moment later, hot spurts infiltrate my oral cavity.
He grips the back of my head and almost hugs me to his crotch.
His cock hits the furthest reaches of my throat, and I hack and cough to keep from gagging ‘til I puke. He lets his hands go, and I almost spit him out.
When he’s free, I’m struck with an overwhelming urge—an odd sensatio
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀
This book is a mix-genre erotica. It reads like a young adult contemporary novel, but with lots of sex in it. There are some futuristic elements when it comes to technology, but I don't really consider this a sci-fi book.

The young adult portion . . .

Because the characters reminded me more of high school kids and not grown adults.

Vapor - The male H is still being controlled by his father and basically living under his father’s thumb. He reminded me of a boy trying to break free from his contro
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Jealousy: 2/10
Romance: 8/10
Hotness: 10/10
Ending: 9/10
Extra book Details: Stand alone, HEA.

'Slick as Ides' is a mix of genres, but very much a mystery all the way through, so please don't read it if you can't stand not-knowing everything (or just take a look at my spoilers).

Ides is reclusive, witty, sensitive, skittish, a computer hacker, a crazy inventor, a big-time germaphobe and an eccentric genius. Well-known as elusive, wit
AnnMarie
Gorgeous cover! Really have to give a shout out for the cover. Not only gorgeous but made perfect sense for the story line. Sometimes I see covers and though they may be stunning, I don't get what they have to do with the actual story. This time..spot on! Kudos to the author and L.J Anderson of Mayhem Cover Creations.

The story line was brilliantly original, a very unique quality in that our protagonists were computer hacking geniuses, just as the premise states, but...so genius are they that the
Mandy Spooneybarger
Sep 20, 2013 Mandy Spooneybarger rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who get it free
I always find it amusing how the ARC readers claim it to be amazing! The best! (or even just make a long commentary on how awesome the cover is.) I'm guessing not one of them actually read the book. I read this for free as a Twilight Fanfic. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't necessarily mean its poorly written. In this case it just isn't a very good or believable story. Major eyeroller. Not just the whole techno savvy parts, but the whole "I'm a germaphobe because you kissed me and then puked on ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 01, 2013 Elizabeth rated it did not like it

Why did I read this?..............oh yeah, because of this:

Revenge of course.

Only he’s no vagrant. He’s a computer hacking genius, too, and her competition.

It sounded so great.......But I could only do this while reading:

Jan Mayszak
Sep 02, 2013 Jan Mayszak rated it it was amazing
First of all, I can't thank Chanse enough for allowing me the privilege of having an ARC copy of Slick as Ides.
An amazing story that held my attention from the first page. Chanse is as ingenious as her main character Ides. Smart funny. If you haven't read any of her stories, run don't walk to the nearest story.
Slick as Ides had me guessing until the very end which doesn't happen very often for me. Her characters are so easy to like or hate depending on who. Nick is sexy, naughty and a great ma
Michelle
Oct 22, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shyshay08
Sep 10, 2013 Shyshay08 rated it it was amazing
ARC READER

I appreciate the opportunity to read Chanse's novels. She is a fantastic writer, better than well known authors ive read. This novel was even better than id imagined it to be, it kept me at the edge of my seat, making me want more. If Chanse decides to write a sequel, I would gladly read it. It makes me want my own Nick. This novel is beyond a doubt maybe better than Sylvia Day's Bared To You. I would recommend this novel to anyone who is interested in reading it. It will not let you
C.M. Lema
Sep 22, 2013 C.M. Lema rated it it was amazing
I read Slick as Ides in one day. Chanse created a whole new breed when she created Ides and Vapor. They are charming, sexy and hilarious. Two people so much alike and with the brains to make us go wow. Vapor is as sexy as they come and a tsunami in bed; the sex scenes were scorching. He has a wicked sense of humor and his love for Ides if off the charts and Ides is witty and so cute as a germophobe with a strong moral compass. These two make an amazing duo.
Peggy
Nov 05, 2013 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-2013
**I received an ARC copy for my review**

Ok this is my second book I have read from Chanse and each book is getting better and better. The story has you hooked from the beginning, this book has everything laughter, suspense and hot romance. All the characters are well blend together and you will fall in love with Ides and Vapor; the writing is easy to read.
The funny part is the more you read about the germophobe the more you think about it.

I can’t wait for Knots to come out.
Fable
Jan 20, 2015 Fable rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This author has a unique writing style, sometimes delving into WTF territory, but always entertaining and oh-so-filthy. I also like the way she slowly reveals the mysteries of of the plot. Vapor was a great hero, obsessive, jealous and arrogant but also very sweet and with a dirty, dirty mouth. Ides was a kickass, funny heroine. Looking forward to reading more from this author. I believe a sequel is coming up for this book as well. Bring it on!
Maria
DNF @ 38%. This is entirely too effed up for me.

The H/h have split personalities or something... They have weird, twisted, semi-forced sex one minute and steal shit from each other in the next, declare their love for each other and then lock each other out of houses... it's like they're two separate plots. The writing style is solid, but so very vague, and the plot is choppy. I was really excited about this book, but I think it's too dark/twisted for me. I couldn't get into it.
Jan 14, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok
This book did not do it for me. I really really tried. I just couldn't connect with the characters. I felt like I was missing so much. I even checked to see if I missed the first book when I got this off amazon, It seems like it was so long ago. So I kept reading thinking it would all start to come together. It didn't, at least not for me.
Lisa Love
Dec 06, 2013 Lisa Love rated it it was ok
The book started out okay, but just fell apart quickly. I wanted to like the characters, but this just didnt work for me.
Mell
0 stars. so, so bad.
Heather andrews
Oct 20, 2013 Heather andrews rated it really liked it
LOVED the cover and the book was a free one so of course I had to get it and read it. At first I thought Nick/Vapor was just to cocky, "yep. Invented a way into your wet panties. Wanna come over and check it out, make sure it works correctly?" Then I thought he's kinda a creepy stalker boy, "for you? I might. I want you, I think you know I touch myself while I fantasize about you. Can't you tell I'm doing it right now?" Then I thought he really does like this girl, "do you know how long I've ...more
Angela Bohr
Aug 30, 2013 Angela Bohr rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author for the purpose of an honest review for GoodReads.

I absolutely cannot stress enough how much I loved this book.

Right from the start, this book dragged me in. The cover art is amazing and the summary was just enough of a tease to draw me into this wonderful little world of techies, germs and a hot filthy-mouthed man!

This book was so much fun to read and I found myself falling in love with Dena and Nick. It has been a long time and a lot of books read, since I hav
Teresa
Jun 22, 2014 Teresa rated it liked it
I found this to be a good book, but a little hard to follow at times. Did Ides find Nick or did Nick really find Ides! I was confused at times. But overall it was 3.5 for me, I like a book with a good plot but there was more than one going on which to me just confused things. I do love the fact that Nick wouldn't give up on Ides even if he did look like a stalker some of the time. He was quite the dirty talker, but never in a mean way, even if it appears to be that way at the start of the book.
Darkandangsty
Apr 16, 2014 Darkandangsty rated it it was amazing
Slick as Ides captivated me from the very first line and I could not put it down. It's full of witty banter, sexual tension and some peculiar (yet rather amusing) OCD tendencies. Chanse Lowell writes with astonishing realism, and I found myself quickly putting this at the very top of my list of all time favorites. Unforgettable characters, a strong and compelling plot and her flawlessly written dialogue has brought me back to read this again and again and I am a goner every single time. Without ...more
Leiera Monae
Jul 25, 2016 Leiera Monae rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this published version of Slick as Ides. It was a pleasant completion of the fanfic version. More details, more plot, more character development.

The sex scenes were hot like fire! The dialogue was funny as hell! Best of all, the plot was totally original and unique. Very creative and engaging. I can honestly say that I've never read anything like it. Minimal editing issues, not even enough to interrupt the flow of the story.

In short, this author is a welcome addition to the wond
Judy
Sep 14, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing
Chanse Lowell is one of the slickest, most talented writers I have ever had the pleasure of reading! This original combination of genres, including sci-fi and erotica, has more twists and turns than a mountain road with its hairpin turns. I loved being surprised by its dizzying parade of characters and tittilated by the barrage of wonderfully arousing sexual antics. This story satisfied me on so many levels. Can't wait for more.
Pam Smith
Aug 17, 2014 Pam Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Ok as much as I wanna find something to take away from this book. I just freaking can't. I received an ARC for a honest review of this book and here goes..... Reading this book was bitter sweet I loved the add in and the in betweens. Lol the book moved at an awesome pace and kept me wondering what was going on up until Chanse laid it all out. Great book babe. I'm going after Knots next can't wait until I dive into that diddy.....
S.J.
Nov 01, 2013 S.J. rated it really liked it
Oh my God I'm totally gutted that I can't give this five flipping stars!! It's a really fantastic, gripping story that kept me on the end of my seat all the way through. Why oh why was the C word used so much?? I want to give it five stars but because of the use of that word I can't and frankly that's gutting! However if you ignore the C word it's definitely a book I would recommend as like I said its a fabulous story and well worth the read.
Nancy Lopez
Sep 09, 2013 Nancy Lopez rated it really liked it
First I would like to thank Chance for the opportunity to read this amazing story; story full of romance, love, friendship, betrayal, loyalty, humor, in a few words "good plot", the main characters, Nick and Dena, two sweet hearts, who fought with everything they had to be together. This story is a " must read" one!!
ToddAn
Feb 14, 2015 ToddAn rated it it was ok
What on earth did I just read??? I didn't under what was going on the majority if the time until it was explained after the fact. It seemed like there was just too much betrayal for there to be any love. Disappointing.
Angela Soto
Sep 09, 2013 Angela Soto rated it it was amazing
Great story of cat and mouse that makes you cheer for the "Bad guy"! Good book to read that leaves you wanting for more.
Chartwilightmom
Jan 19, 2014 Chartwilightmom rated it really liked it
cravings....pure cravings of each other, Nick and Dena, they fight it, but the struggle to find the correct path, is simple delicious...a sinful read, the tingles along are worth every word ;)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Vacant
  • Basic Needs
  • Exposure
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • Make Me
  • Up For the Chase
  • A Betty's Pledge: Volume One
  • Perfect Misfits
  • Come As You Are
Chanse Lowell grew up in the desert southwest and still lives there with her children. She’s addicted to five things—her Daddy Dom, learning more about the BDSM lifestyle, reading erotica, writing erotica and sandwiches with a side of erotica to aid with digestion before she’s tied up in black silk ropes and teased endlessly by her Sir. She grew up watching programs with science fiction and ...more
More about Chanse Lowell...