Start by marking “Finding Home” as Want to Read:
Finding Home

Finding Home

WARNING: This book contains sexually explicit acts. It will touch your heart, perhaps break it and put it back together.

Can Felicia Westfield escape her past? Will her search for justice get her killed?

Felicia Westfield is no stranger to the physical and mental scars of abuse. After surviving her abusive father and a violent ex-boyfriend, Felicia makes it her mission to s
Published August 8th 2013 by Abbey K Davies (first published July 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Home

Myra Espino
Aug 09, 2013 Myra Espino rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I'm honored to be one of the beta readers of Finding Home and happy to say that this book is good!

So if you're in for a wonderful ride of life, this book is what you need! You'll find yourself attached not only to the story but also to the characters. What I loved about this book is that it has lessons and values in life that will help you cope and learn to move on if you are suffering abuses that's inflicted by others and to find love.

The author really made this book interestin
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 24, 2013 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
This was a hard book to read in that sexual abuse ran right through it. The 2 main characters Felicia & Jake were badly damaged in the past. I found it a bit strange that they fell in love so quick but hey that can happen!! These two helped so many children I so wanted a happy ever after ending!!

In this book the author brilliantly shows that no matter how damaged you are you can heal & as the title implies find a home.
Received from author in return for an honest review.
Kim
Aug 13, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
When asked to Beta read I was more than happy too. When I found out about child abuse and sexual abuse in the book I told Abbey K. Davies I really didn't think I could read it. I told her I would try but I couldn't guarnette it. Anyways I am very happy I read it. Felica was in a relationship with a guy name David. Like all relationships they start off great. Then things went bad. He abused her to the point of her almost dying. She is a social worker and helps abused children. She told Beth about ...more
H.K. Szczesiak
Sep 04, 2013 H.K. Szczesiak rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to have been able to read Finding Home in the early stages of this book. This book has very strong a likable characters. Felicia and Jake both have scars they are scared to have exposed, even to each other. They have have both been hurt by people they loved. This is a story about love conquering all. Two lonely souls trying to find internal peace withing themselves find each other and quickly become soul mates.Felicia is a survivor and a warrior, who fights for what is right in the ...more
Mary-Anne Castro
Aug 29, 2013 Mary-Anne Castro rated it it was amazing
I was given the chance to read this before it was publish as a clean reader.

This book touches a very delicate topic and in a way heartbreaking. Many out there have been abused most especially children. But regardless of the age, abuse is an abuse and there are different kinds of abuse.

Every scene was well written and the flow of the story is smooth that the readers won't be confused. The characters were developed well even the minor characters. What I loved with this book is that I was connect
Leigh
Aug 10, 2013 Leigh rated it it was amazing
I have also been honored to be a beta reader for Finding Home. This book was such a moving and beautiful read! I found myself feeling everything going on with Felicia. She had come from a less than perfect background and wanted to help others with the same issues. Then she found Jake, he turned her whole life around, being in the same shoes as Felicia it was obvious that love would be found. I don't want to spoil a thing but I can assure you that this book is worth reading! I give it 5 stars!!
Heather Young
Oct 12, 2013 Heather Young rated it liked it
Shelves: beta
This is a story about abuse, survival, friendship, domestic violence, new love & healing from within. I was lucky enough to be a BETA reader for Abbey K. Davies. I don't shy away from any topic as long as it has a interesting story line. Unfortunately what is written in this book is happening all the time around the world and this is heartbreaking, but Abbey portrays is very well. I liked all the characters (except the bad ones, and you know who you are). Great job Abbey Davies!
Susan
Aug 14, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to be a beat-reader on this book and this story is totally AMAZING!!! I really enjoyed it! The author touches on some difficult subjects with great finesse. She pulls on your heart strings and brings you right into the story! I was totally captivated from the beginning to the very end!! This was the first book I had read by this author but now I am hooked and definitely going to read more of hers. I highly recommend this book!!!!
Barbara Miller
Aug 14, 2013 Barbara Miller rated it it was amazing
Watching the journey Felicia and Jake embark on to face their demons and overcome, had me running through every emotion. After all they had been through; they finally find the 1 place they belong. In the process, they help 4 children face their demons, and finally find a place to call home. This is a heart wrenching story with a perfect ending. Definitely a must read!
Melinda Sutherland
Melinda Sutherland rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Aaliyah
Aaliyah rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Abbey Davies
Aug 08, 2013 Abbey Davies rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jeanna
Jeanna rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Allie Redman
Allie Redman rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Mar
Mar rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Laurna
Laurna rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Angela Deforge
Angela Deforge rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Bookhog
Bookhog rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2015
Kathleen Ken
Kathleen Ken rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2016
Sandy Cooper bargdill
Sandy Cooper bargdill rated it did not like it
Sep 10, 2014
Teresa Martini
Teresa Martini rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Blushing Reader
Blushing Reader marked it as to-read
Renea
Renea marked it as to-read
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Divine
Divine marked it as to-read
JA
JA marked it as to-read
Sitahiri
Sitahiri marked it as to-read
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Caro
Caro marked it as to-read
Yul
Yul marked it as to-read
Marie-Christine
Marie-Christine marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Remi
Remi marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Ada Marie
Ada Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Stace
Stace marked it as to-read
24ktbooknut
24ktbooknut marked it as to-read
Tisha Starr
Tisha Starr marked it as to-read
Cali
Cali marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Turning Pages
Turning Pages marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Liz Upton
Liz Upton marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Jerney Lynn
Jerney Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
JoAnne
JoAnne marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Christine Stickley
Christine Stickley marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Sue1958
Sue1958 marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Abbey K Davies lives in New Hampshire with her husband and two children. She is a business owner, a life coach and an author.

She published her first work in the Self help genre under her real name, Kristen L. Baker. She has written 3 books in the self help genre.

She has joined the fiction arena and has written and published 3 books under the penname, Abbey K Davies.

She loves to read and write an
More about Abbey K. Davies...