Start by marking “Lasting Summer (Loving Summer, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lasting Summer (Loving Summer, #5)

Lasting Summer (Loving Summer #5)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Summer Jones thought she lost Nat Donovan, the boy she had always had a crush on since she could remember, when he went off on a mission to find his father, the founder and CEO of Donovan Dynamics, the billion dollar security and intelligence corporation who is now protecting her from the stalker who has attempted to kill her twice.

He had always been her rock, had always
Published September 8th 2014 (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lasting Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lasting Summer

Teresa Coleman
OK I was given the honor to be a Beta reader for Kailin Gow for this incredible book #LastingSummer I'm a huge fan of Kailin's writing I've read every book in this series.These books will suck you in and as soon as it's over you'll be wanting so much more.I loved this book, lot's of action - romance- Smoking hot brothers. I won't give away to much because I hate to spoil a Incredible story. But I will tell you Summer doesn't make her choice in this one.): Were going to have to wait for the next ...more
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.5/5

Review coming soon!
Alyssa
Sep 08, 2014 Alyssa rated it liked it
Why can't this series end already! I have to know how it ends but I really get mad reading this story. Summer is the example of a woman I can't stand. Don't bother with this series....you will wined up like me, wanting and ending to end my misery. Besides....one of the guys she loves is her cousin...gross! Finally she picks Drew to be with only for the story to be picked up in the next book 10 years later. Where Drew goes missing and Nat is by her side helping to get Drew back. One very weird lo ...more
Victoria Wendell
Feb 18, 2015 Victoria Wendell rated it did not like it
Tammy
Sep 07, 2014 Tammy rated it it was amazing
So excited to get a chance to read book 5 a little ahead. I had to go back and reread book 4 so I could get in my right mind when it comes to Summer, Nate and Drew and where the love triangle ended with Secrets of the Fall. Starting with Nate's letter to Summer letting her go is heartbreaking. Loved the turmoil building as Summer wants to see Nate and is upset with both him and Drew from keeping this huge secret. Great romance with some mystery I read the book straight thru. Holding my breath at ...more
Melanie
Sep 08, 2014 Melanie rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for my honest review. Thank you Kailin.

****4 How & Who Do I Chose Stars****

Book 5 did not disappoint me. The same loving, charismatic, fun, flirty and suspenseful characters are back.

Summer is struggling so much more in this book and at times I wanted to slap her for her indecisivness. She was more flip floppy in this book than the previous ones.

Holy shit has Drew grown up in the book. He is fan-fucking-tastic. Totally panty dropping worthy and he knows it & owns it.
Sue
Sep 28, 2014 Sue rated it it was amazing
Another series that I keep coming back to waiting for the next book to come out. This was such an intense book to read. Not knowing what was going to happen and who was going to be heartbroken. I was shocked in the end for her decision. At first I thought it was one thing, then I was suprised...Wonder what is going to happen though in the final book..hopefully it comes out sooner than later!! Love both Nat and Drew! But love Drew a little bit more.
Dalene
Sep 15, 2014 Dalene rated it it was amazing
First off thank you Kailin Gow for sending me a review copy of Lasting Summer. I picked it up that day and read cover to cover. I love the Loving Summer series. I wish I could have a summer like theirs. Sorry about posting the review so late, life has been hectic lately.

Well back to the review of Lasting Summer. Summer is back again in this novel. Summer is not with Drew anymore and Nate is missing. The drama continues in this fast pace novel. Okay since I don't want to give anything away...Sum
Beth
Sep 08, 2014 Beth rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series from the beginning, I cannot wait to see what happens next. Although it didn't end as I expected I'm very excited to see where the next book will take Summer, Drew, Nat, Astor and Rachael. I definitely recommend the book and if you haven't read the previous books you won't be disappointed!
Karen Fitzpatrick
Sep 06, 2014 Karen Fitzpatrick rated it liked it
I was blessed by Kailin to have received an ARC. Let's just say I have been tortured by the wait for this book. I, like Summer, am in love with Nat and Drew Donovan. How could anyone choose between the two?
I must admit, this book did seem to be slow motion. Lots of introspection...a bit too much. I wanted ACTION! I wanted sex. And Kalin's lack of editing has always driven me to distraction.
However, Summer choice was a wise one.
Another book in the series? If it were more like the first few, sure
Rachel
Sep 02, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for an honest review. I will Honestly say Holy Crap that was Great! I absolutely Love this series and the dynamics involved. I couldn't put the book down! It just draws you in and demands your full attention. Without using spoilers, I will say that it ended exactly how I had hoped it would. Releases September 8th, so snatch it up and be prepared for a book hangover!
Priscilla Garcia
Jan 27, 2015 Priscilla Garcia rated it liked it
I did love the first book,and I love the story right away..but after the second book her indecision is getting on my nervous. I don't know if I am going to read the next book. And trust me I love, love triangles but man this is just too much.
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Sep 09, 2015 Secretly Adorkable Readers rated it really liked it
this series is taking a turn of the unexpected. started out as YA, to NA to full out erotic. lots of suspense, dark scenes
Caitlin Apostol
Araceli
Sep 11, 2014 Araceli rated it really liked it
Liked it! :)
Amanda J.
Amanda J. marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
brenna
brenna marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Tasha hastings
Tasha hastings marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Morilyn
Morilyn marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Abby Yankey
Abby Yankey marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Katerina
Katerina marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Casey Boling
Casey Boling marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Chanmarie Van Der Vyver
Chanmarie Van Der Vyver marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Carly
Carly added it
Mar 15, 2016
Amy McNeece
Amy McNeece marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
shanay
shanay marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Surabhi
Surabhi marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
  • The LOVE Series: The Complete Four Book Set (Love, #1-4)
  • Make Believe: A Novella (Pretend Series, Book #2)
  • Wanting Spencer (B&S, #2.5) (Club 24, #2.5)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Combust
  • Riding it Out (The Storm)
  • Never Let Go (Tasting Never, #5)
  • Rebel Walking Box Set: In a Heartbeat, Heaven Sent, Banded Together (Rebel Walking, #1, 2, 2.5)
  • House of Cards (Mirrored, #2)
  • Falling Further (Undeserving of Love, #1)
  • The Only Way (The Martelli Brothers, #3)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Forever Summer (Summer, #4)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Desperate Chances (Bad Rep, #4)
  • Need to Love You (Love, #6)
  • It's Not Over (The Do Over, #2)
  • Weston
Kailin Gow was called an "innovating author" and an "Author as Influencer" by Goodreads executives at Book Expo America 2014 in their speech.

In 2015, Kailin Gow was announced as one of Cindy Crawford's Beauties, who is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside, along with Deborah Messing and Gabrielle Union.

She was called "a successful author who knows how to balance being an author and lif
More about Kailin Gow...

Loving Summer (8 books)
  • Loving Summer (Loving Summer, #1)
  • Falling for Summer (Donovan Brothers #1) (Loving Summer, #2)
  • Perfect Summer (Loving Summer, #3)
  • Secrets of the Fall (Donovan brothers, #2) (Loving Summer, #4)
  • Free Fall (Donovan Brothers #3)
  • Free Fall Vol. 2