Start by marking “The Game Trilogy: Game, Buzz and Bubble” as Want to Read:
The Game Trilogy: Game, Buzz and Bubble

The Game Trilogy: Game, Buzz and Bubble (The Game Trilogy #1-3)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  28 reviews
The groundbreaking thriller trilogy taking the world by storm: a deadly game that blurs the line between reality and fiction.

Join Henrik “HP” Petterson in the thrilling world of the Game! This special bundle includes all three books in Anders de la Motte’s Game Trilogy: Game, Buzz, and Bubble. In Game, Henrik “HP” Petterson, a slacker with a big ego and no impulse control,
Published December 10th 2013 by HarperCollins (first published December 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Game Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Game Trilogy

Ariana Baxter
I read the first two books in the trilogy and will be getting the third, for sure! I was uncertain what to expect, as I haven't read Motte before, but I was pulled in at the start.

HP is a slacker who some might relate to, and not my first choice in story hero, but the intrigue of the game pulled me right in. From the moment HP finds an odd cell phone on the train, we're yanked into an adventure we can't put down.

The writing is a bit odd in places, but the need for the adrenaline rush of HP's nex
Christina  Torretta
About Game:
WHAT!? I am totally dumbfounded! I had so many questions, most have been answered and then the end! THE ENDING! Oh my god… Just wow.

The entire book was so fast paced I nearly didn’t even notice that I had just read 400 pages in one day. I didn’t want to stop. There was always something going on and even when I was cringing because HP can be a dumb ass, I was still sitting at the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next.

And there are some serious WHAT moments in this. Th
Lorraine
This is part of a trilogy, I've just started 'Buzz' the 2nd book. I really liked the 1st book 'The Game'. Great story, interesting and kept me hooked. So many questions!

The Game definitely reels you in. HP's character irritated the hell out of me but by the end I started to like him. Different story, really enjoying it so far.
John Brassey
Excellent book, took a while to get used to the writing style but flew through the series in 3 weeks - read it!
Jay Williams
The action continues in Buzz as the forces affecting HP and his sister, Rachel, reach out internationally to keep the tension level high. With the evil forces of the game in the background, fate seems to turn against Rachel as she fights to do her job safeguarding government officials and HP is set up as an apparent murderer in the Emirate of Dubai. Technology is at the forefront again as too many people are not what they seem, and a large tech company works a dark magic through the web. The act ...more
Abrown098
Game is about a man in his 30's whose name is Henrik Pettersson. one day he finds a phone on a train which asks him if he wanted to play a game. At first he didn't want to but decided to do it to see what happens. When he completed his first task he was excited about the rewards he got. As time went by the game started getting too serious and messed up Pettersson's normal life. His sister, Rebecca, who joined a special police force was one the victims of the game including their friend Mange.Hen ...more
Anita
Good plotting and new concepts. Great Millennium Trilogy easter eggs! British grammar from the translator bugged me a bit ("fitted" instead of "fit"), but it's not incorrect. A little of the writing felt a bit juvenile, but overall a very interesting series.
Katrina Seemann
i'm not completely finished with this yet, but from what i've read, it's quite good plot-wise, but with a few kinks in the writing style. being bilingual/half swedish, i understand the way some parts can get literally lost in translation, which makes for some funny bits here and there, especially with the swearing. also i found that the slightly erratic switches between narrators could get a bit confusing but you do get the gist of it after a while. overall, the plot was quite captivating, and i ...more
Patrick Rijnders
Just read the first book in this trilogy. It took me quite a few pages to really get into it, but when I did it was hard to stop. I was surprised to like it so much, because it's a story completely filled with cliches. Hero who is troubled. Heroine with a dark past. Conspiracies. Crazy people... I like my books with a little more originality, but this book is so well written that I can't wait to read the other two parts. Well done mister writer!
Neil Plakcy
So far I have read Game and Buzz. I was quite intrigued with the premise of Game, and enjoyed reading it, though the author's over use of exclamation marks got to me sometimes. But overall, this is a taut, fascinating thriller set in Stockholm, yet without a lot of the darkness that seems to be characteristic of the books that I've read (or read about) set there.

There's a lot of humor in both books, with a sort of sad sack hero who keeps getting banged up yet manages to keep on outwitting his e
Holland Saltsman
I've only read the first book, Game, from the trilogy. I'll probably pick up the second one as it was interesting but not as thrilling or suspenseful as I had hoped. In many ways, it reminded me of the 1997 Michael Douglas movie, The Game, which is possibly why I didn't find it completely original or engaging considering that was 14 years ago.
Simon
Fast paced easy read. Good overall concept but becomes a little predictable and superficial.
Writing style of jumping from narrators a bit disorientating tool
Overall worth reading but not sure I will read the whole trilogy straight away as the beginning of buzz seems similar
Kim
Actually, I only finished the first book, Game. I still have the others to read. Game, for some reason, wasn't listed as a separate book on Goodreads. This book was strange. Nice twisty ending, though.
Jeremy Brooks
Giving this 4 stars - rather than 3 - because it feels like some of the book has been lost in the translation. Still a fun read.
Janet
Anders de la Motte has created quite a world and peopled it with really entertaining characters and situations.The trilogy is so worth reading, I highly recommend you stick with it, even if the first few chapters are a bit confusing due to changes in point of view. Once you catch on to the writer's voice and style, you will be caught up in this fast paced thriller. I read on edge, constantly second guessing and enjoying the twists and turns. Well written and plotted with multi dimensional charac ...more
Melanie
I wasn't captivated enough by the characters to keep reading the trilogy.
Rollande
I actually gave up. I didn't like characters and the story line just wasn't holding my attention. It is very 'now' in style but I think it is a case of style over substance.
Roxanne Barbour
Looking forward to reading Buzz and Bubble.
Shirley
Good Book ... Can't wait to read the other 2.
Sarka Kysilkova
bezkonkurenční
Cynthia
grabs you immediately ... nice surprise at the end .. on to book 2
Jessica Lerch
I have only finished the first book, Game. I am unsure when I will read the other 2.
Game, wasn't listed as a separate book on Goodreads for some reason.
This book was strange. Had a good twist at the end but wasn't my style of book & took me a few weeks to get through it.
Svetlana Fenech
I loved these books, the plot is really moving and I loved the relationship between HP and Becca and how they always try to be there for each other. It's quite fast paced and there are some really big things going on about in these books. I especially loved the plot twist in the third book - Bubble
Ernst Nieuwoudt
Certainly not the nicest main character, but certainly a brilliant trilogy. The main plot of controlling data is very relevant in today's internet world and to me as a highly computer literate reader definitely a distinct possibility of it is not already happening.
Dasarae Dibella
Tells a great story, very creative and keeps you entertained all the way through. I was confused in the beginning with the switching of the characters POV, but it actually works. Overall a great book and a good read.
The-walking-dead
3.5 stars. Read game so far. Interesting story. Keeps you thinking.
Camelia
Game gets 4 starts, Buzz 3 and Bubble 2
Dejan Ucakar
Nice plot, slighty over streched.
Gayle Noble
Gayle Noble marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Silvia
Silvia is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2015
  • The Serbian Dane
  • Devoured (Fantasy's Bar & Grill, #2)
  • The Nightmare Factory
  • Homestead
  • Hero Worship
  • Rise of the Deva'shi: A Chronicle of Parthalan
  • Protective Custody
  • The Emerald Tablet (The Forgotten Worlds, #1)
  • Endure (Choices, #4)
  • Fire The Pretty Girl: Awkward Adventures in Business
  • Cliff Diver (Emilia Cruz Mysteries, #1)
  • The Living and the Dead in Winsford
  • Detained
  • The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
Anders de la Motte (b. 1971) made his debut in 2010 with [geim], which won the Swedish Academy of Crime Writers' 'First Book Award'. He is a former Police Officer and was until recently Director of Security at one of the world's largest IT companies. He is currently an International Security Consultant. With his blend of fast-paced suspense, humor, and informed commentary on IT and social media, A ...more
More about Anders de la Motte...

The Game Trilogy (3 books)
  • Geim