Blank-133x176
Because of the Baby

Debbie Macomber

Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons #4)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Hard Luck, Alaska--a Town that Needs Women!

Location: 50 miles north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men)--but growing! Because the O'Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to Hard Luck!

Matt Caldwell--Charles O'Halloran's brother-in-law. An easygoing charmer who's recently moved to Ha...more
Published August 15th 2013 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 1996)

Gigi Ann
Reading Debbie Macomber books for me is my so called "Comfort Food." I have always liked Debbie's books. Her love stories are just that, not a 'sex fest,' like so many so called "Romance" novels. You can depend on her for clean fun reading. I could go on and on about how she writes tender love stories, and how they are about normal people, but anyone who is a Debbie Macomber fan all ready knows that.
Julie Barrett
Because of the Baby
Karen's ex husband Matthew, she is done with him and Alaska. She missed him and Alaska. She caved in when he sent her a Valentine card and she showed up and spent the night with him.
He just couldn't hold a job but otherwise he was perfect. She returns to the lodge he runs til after the baby is born.
Abby and Sawyer are also having a baby. So many weddings, births the town has grown a lot over the past several years.
Ben gets advice from Sawyer about getting his wife back-picnic...more
Tia
I never know what to say about the harlequin books. They aren't like other books, you have your basic story and then you get your happy ending... so I guess I'll wing it.

This story is about a couple that got divorced, then moved to different places (California & Alaska) then came together for a wedding and eventually got pregnant. Pregnancy didn't bode well for her, so her ex came to get her from California and moved back to Alaska. They then worked on their relationship and got back togethe...more
Heidi
It wasn't my favorite book of this series, but it was still comical. I gave it 4 stars because I felt the ending was a little rushed. Mrs. Macomber also used husband/wife and ex husband/wife interchangeably with Matt and Karen's relationship. Even though they are working on reconciling their marriage, they are still legally divorced.
Kstar0330
This was a cute, sweet little story about the possibility of second chances. Cleary the men around in this story have no idea about romance, must be all that Alaskan fresh air. :)
Tiffany
Matt Caldwell has tried different occupations and quiting within a year. He has never found a job that he loves. After he quit his accounting job his wife decided she couldn't take it anymore left him the following morning and then quickly applied for divorce. Even though it had been 18 months since the divorce Matt still loved her. When Karen arrives in Hard Luck to be the maid of honor at Matt's sister's wedding one thing leads to another and a month later when she is back home she finds out t...more
Lorie
This was a good story just the characters could never see the others point of view and it frustrated me.
Krystal
So, I came across this book through my library's online rental system. I am a sucker for book covers and don't always read the summary of the book, and this was featured as "just released"... both led me to believe this was a new book from Debbie Macomber. It is not. It's also part of a series. Because it is part of a series I picked up in the middle of it so it didn't make for most capitvating read. It was just okay for me. I usually enjoy Macomber's books more.
Linda
Before a trip to Alaska I read this series of books by Debbie Macomber to get in the spirit of the country. I liked her easy writing style. Good light reading.
Theresa Puckett
I loved all the characters. they kept me interested and wanting more! i love Hard Luck Alaska and would love to visit!
Patricia
Read it as it was a new e book release at the library. Really wasted my time. Oh well can't love every book.
Nicky
Matt was pretty clueless but Karen kind of annoyed me the most out of the two.
Cecelia
I liked it but compared to the others it isn't one of my favorites
Leanne Mitchell
It was great to read that Matt Caldwell find his niche.
Alice
Enjoyable all the way to the end!
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
K Edwards
K Edwards marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Blanche
Blanche marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Tina Page
Tina Page marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Sharon Piper
Sharon Piper marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • The Men of Medicine Ridge
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • Whatever Reilly Wants... (Three-Way Wager, Book 2) (Silhouette Desire #1658)
  • A Vow to Love
  • Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)
  • No Mistletoe Required

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)