Start by marking “Daddy's Little Helper” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Daddy's Little Helper

Debbie Macomber

Daddy's Little Helper (Midnight Sons #3)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  584 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Hard Luck, Alaska--a Town that Needs Women!

Location: 50 miles north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men)--but growing! Because the O'Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to Hard Luck!

Mitch Harris--A good friend of the O'Hallorans, he represents law and order in Hard Luck. He's also
Published August 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published September 13th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Daddy's Little Helper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy's Little Helper

Dee
Oct 04, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

New teacher in town
Falls for little girl, then dad
He has a secret

She has secret, too
Several subplots going on
Three and a half stars
Annalisa
Feb 26, 2011 Annalisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author is great for just getting your mind off of every day things and taking you a way in a light story of romance in a unique area of the world. I am really enjoying the scenes from Alaska and the development of all of the characters. Being the 2nd of 3 books in a series but also being comprised of 2 books within this one book makes for a string of characters that you jump to and from. I really enjoyed reading about new relationships and seeing how others are developing over time. I look ...more
Julie Barrett
Jun 13, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midnight Sons vol 2 by Debbie Macomber
This book contains 2 of the series. Hard luck, Alaska where 3 bush pilots advertised for mail order brides.
Daddy's Little Helper
This book is mainly about
but we catch up with all the residents of the town.
Bethany Ross is there to teach at the school. She's met a few of the kids and she believes Ben is her bio father.
Ben runs the cafe.
Mitch has a daughter, Chrissy who wants to hook him up with the new schoolteacher.
Mariah is the new secretary. She has Chri
Heidi
Feb 06, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming story of a lady named Bethany who comes to Hard Luck with a secret. And also Mitch who has demons that still haunt him from his past. I liked how the book ended. Yet I must read the next story to see if Mrs. Macomber is going to tie up any lose ends that leads the reader wondering what happened to a few of the other characters.
Marge
Mar 20, 2016 Marge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book. It,s well written and hold your interest.i couidn,t put it down .i,d reccormend it to many of my friends

I couldn't,t put it down. I loved it I,d recommend it to many of my friends. Miss Macomber is an excellent writer
Helen Holz
Feb 15, 2014 Helen Holz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story.

Have read many of thin author's books always have enjoyed them. She seems to always have some little trick up her sleeve.
Tiffany
When Mitch's wife dies he packs up his and his daughters things and moves to the little town of Hard Luck Alaska. He has no intention of ever falling in love again and he plans on never getting married again as well. When Bethany moves in to town to be the teacher for a year Mitch does everything to try to avoid her. Unfortunately for Mitch his daugther Chrissie is in Bethany's class and Chrissie loves Bethany. Soon Bethany will try to make her moves to try to bring her daddy and Bethany togethe ...more
Lorie
Feb 23, 2014 Lorie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoying this series!
Linda
Mar 22, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before a trip to Alaska I read this series of books by Debbie Macomber to get in the spirit of the country. I liked her easy writing style. Good light reading.
Kim Hampton
Aug 14, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from Debbie Macomber. I haven't found a bad one yet! Mitch has no intentions of ever falling in love again, but his daughter is determined to fix him up with her teacher. Bethany isn't interested in romance either, she just wants to finish her year of teaching and receive her cabin and 20 acres free and clear. Both of them are hiding secrets, will it bring them together or tear them apart?
Heather
Mar 01, 2013 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I haven't read a lassie Debbie Macomber book in ages!

I love the sweet plots. I forgot about how she tends to write about a community. There are several plots and relationships woven through her stories. I read book 1 and 2 of this series almost a year ago.

A good author can pull back the story lines of a book from that far back like you read the book yesterday.
Deidre
Apr 11, 2011 Deidre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I gave this 4 stars on another day it would have been 3. Honestly tho this story was everything that I wanted today from a book today, something the opposite of the more recent books that I have been reading. Sweet love story where you know going in that it will end with a happily ever after.
Nicky
Dec 05, 2013 Nicky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short, sweet addition to the Midnight Sons series. Not quite as good as the others because the guy was too closed off with his feelings and too stubborn to want to change.
Alice
Mar 30, 2012 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing saga of the O'Halloran's and their friends.
 Gigi Ann
Feb 13, 2012 Gigi Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always love her books, they are my comfort food books.
Cecelia
Wonderful as usual but the first is still my favorite
Heather
Aug 02, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adair Becker
Adair Becker rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Lou Anne
Lou Anne rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Kirstie
Kirstie marked it as to-read
Lee Ker
Lee Ker rated it it was amazing
Curtis Wiles
Curtis Wiles rated it it was amazing
Sandra Fletcher
Sandra Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Lisha
Lisha rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Pip
Pip rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2016
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • The Rookie (The Taylor Clan, #4)
  • Crime & Passion
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • Conflicting Interests
  • Revenge (Travis Mays, #1)
  • The Tempting Mrs. Reilly
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Promises to Keep
  • Love Heals the Heart
  • The Spirit of Christmas
  • Everyday Hero: The Volunteers - A Darling Bay Short Story (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #2.5)
  • Sisters Found (Hawk's Way, #13)
  • Daughter of Destiny (Sisters of the Ark, #1) (Silhouette Bombshell, #1)
  • To Serve And Protect
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Christine
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Midnight Sons (6 books)
  • Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)
  • The Marriage Risk (Midnight Sons, #2)
  • Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons, #4)
  • Falling for Him (Midnight Sons, #5)
  • Ending in Marriage (Midnight Sons Series, #6)