Start by marking “Daddy's Little Helper” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Daddy's Little Helper

Debbie Macomber

Daddy's Little Helper (Midnight Sons #3)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  486 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Hard Luck, Alaska--a Town that Needs Women!

Location: 50 miles north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men)--but growing! Because the O'Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to Hard Luck!

Mitch Harris--A good friend of the O'Hallorans, he represents law and order in Hard Luck. He's also
Published August 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published September 13th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Daddy's Little Helper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy's Little Helper

Dee
Two-haiku review:

New teacher in town
Falls for little girl, then dad
He has a secret

She has secret, too
Several subplots going on
Three and a half stars
Annalisa
This author is great for just getting your mind off of every day things and taking you a way in a light story of romance in a unique area of the world. I am really enjoying the scenes from Alaska and the development of all of the characters. Being the 2nd of 3 books in a series but also being comprised of 2 books within this one book makes for a string of characters that you jump to and from. I really enjoyed reading about new relationships and seeing how others are developing over time. I look ...more
Julie Barrett
Midnight Sons vol 2 by Debbie Macomber
This book contains 2 of the series. Hard luck, Alaska where 3 bush pilots advertised for mail order brides.
Daddy's Little Helper
This book is mainly about
but we catch up with all the residents of the town.
Bethany Ross is there to teach at the school. She's met a few of the kids and she believes Ben is her bio father.
Ben runs the cafe.
Mitch has a daughter, Chrissy who wants to hook him up with the new schoolteacher.
Mariah is the new secretary. She has Chri
Heidi
Charming story of a lady named Bethany who comes to Hard Luck with a secret. And also Mitch who has demons that still haunt him from his past. I liked how the book ended. Yet I must read the next story to see if Mrs. Macomber is going to tie up any lose ends that leads the reader wondering what happened to a few of the other characters.
Helen Holz
Good story.

Have read many of thin author's books always have enjoyed them. She seems to always have some little trick up her sleeve.
Tiffany
When Mitch's wife dies he packs up his and his daughters things and moves to the little town of Hard Luck Alaska. He has no intention of ever falling in love again and he plans on never getting married again as well. When Bethany moves in to town to be the teacher for a year Mitch does everything to try to avoid her. Unfortunately for Mitch his daugther Chrissie is in Bethany's class and Chrissie loves Bethany. Soon Bethany will try to make her moves to try to bring her daddy and Bethany togethe ...more
Lorie
Really enjoying this series!
Linda
Before a trip to Alaska I read this series of books by Debbie Macomber to get in the spirit of the country. I liked her easy writing style. Good light reading.
Kim Hampton
Another great book from Debbie Macomber. I haven't found a bad one yet! Mitch has no intentions of ever falling in love again, but his daughter is determined to fix him up with her teacher. Bethany isn't interested in romance either, she just wants to finish her year of teaching and receive her cabin and 20 acres free and clear. Both of them are hiding secrets, will it bring them together or tear them apart?
Heather
I haven't read a lassie Debbie Macomber book in ages!

I love the sweet plots. I forgot about how she tends to write about a community. There are several plots and relationships woven through her stories. I read book 1 and 2 of this series almost a year ago.

A good author can pull back the story lines of a book from that far back like you read the book yesterday.
Deidre
So I gave this 4 stars on another day it would have been 3. Honestly tho this story was everything that I wanted today from a book today, something the opposite of the more recent books that I have been reading. Sweet love story where you know going in that it will end with a happily ever after.
Nicky
A short, sweet addition to the Midnight Sons series. Not quite as good as the others because the guy was too closed off with his feelings and too stubborn to want to change.
Alice
Continuing saga of the O'Halloran's and their friends.
 Gigi Ann
Always love her books, they are my comfort food books.
Cecelia
Wonderful as usual but the first is still my favorite
Heather
Great Book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deb Kendall
Deb Kendall marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
S.Kettler
S.Kettler is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2015
Le
Le marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Vivian Soto
Vivian Soto marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
  • Mom Meets Dad (Finding Mr. Right, #3)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Expecting His Child   (Silhouette Desire, #1292)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Rookie (The Taylor Clan, #4)
  • Redemption
  • Cop of the Year (Bayview Heights #1)
  • The Role of a Lifetime
  • Valentino's Love-Child
  • Revenge (Travis Mays, #1)
  • Crime & Passion
  • McKnight in Shining Armor
  • His Heart for the Trusting (Texas Hearts, #2)
  • Conflicting Interests
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Forever Alexa (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #4)
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Christine

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Midnight Sons (6 books)
  • Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)
  • The Marriage Risk (Midnight Sons, #2) (Harlequin Romance, #3383)
  • Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons, #4; Harlequin Romance, #3395)
  • Falling for Him (Midnight Sons, #5)
  • Ending In Marriage (Midnight Sons Series, #6)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)