Start by marking “Groom Wanted” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Groom Wanted

Debbie Macomber

Groom Wanted (From This Day Forward #1)

A Convenient Beginning

Aleksandr Berinksi is a Russian biochemist in the U.S. on a visa that is about to expire. Marriage will allow him to stay--marriage to Julia Conrad. If Julia's going to save her Seattle-based company, she needs him as much as he needs her. There's a Groom Wanted in Julia's life. And not just any groom!
Published July 15th 2013 by Mira Books (first published July 17th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Groom Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groom Wanted

Marianne
Groom Wanted is the first book in the From This Day Forward series by popular American author, Debbie Macomber. Biochemist, Alexandr Berinski, the man whose work will save Conrad Paints, has a problem: his visa is about to expire, and he’s not quite finished developing the necessary miracle. Jerry Conrad suggests to his workaholic sister, Julia, that she marry Alex so he can stay. But Julia has a problem trusting men after her last one betrayed her badly, while Alex will say I do only if the mar ...more
Charis Faith
Marriage of convenience! Once again, I got myself in a book of this nature. I don't mind, I like this theme. I'm going to be completely honest and say that Alek was a bit creepyin the beginning, and I was like "WHOA major creepazoid alert!" I mean, I understood Julia, really, I did. I also understood that they needed to fall in love eventually for the plot to work. I didn't expect Alek to be so aggressive about it. I thought he would, like, use his acquired knowledge about Julie to make her fall ...more
Marlene Waldner
Sep 06, 2016 Marlene Waldner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Groom Wanted - utterly delightful

Debbie Macomber's masterful ability to entrance you with her delightful weaving of characters and their struggles and triumphs come to life in yet another of her stories. I am a faithful fan.
Alice
Jan 17, 2016 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice clean romance

Betrayed heroine determined not to trust or love enters a marriage for business purposes only. Her new husband, Alex is not just marrying for convenience but for keeps and doesn't believe in divorce. Julia, our heroine, spends most of the book in a mental dialogue about how she was betrayed, has bad judgment, doesn't trust men, and wants a divorce. All this while Alex continuously demonstrates his love for her. Why he loves her is a mystery to me. I feel like hitting her over t
Mo
Feb 21, 2016 Mo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Booklover
I read this as part of a 2-in-1 Debbie Macomber volume (An Engagement in Seattle), including this and another of her older works that she apparently updated a bit. I guess it worked as to terminology and gadgets like cell phones, as I didn't come across anything jarringly out-of-date, but the stories are older-style romances. Groom Wanted was the better of the 2 - a Green Card driven marriage, with a bit of suspense thrown in.
Monica Gearhart
Julia is so mean to him, yet he stays. I wasn't happy with the ending. Alek finds out Julia is pregnant and goes to her. And he wants to be with her again. The end. Like why did it end there? Is there another book?
Kristen
Jan 16, 2013 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I really enjoyed this story. It was one of her older books but it was a very easy read.
M
Sep 24, 2011 M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read. Think of the Sandra Bullock movie, the proposal; Hunky russian scientist is about to lose his visa, Head of company marries him to keep him working on new formula that will save company.
Joyce
Mar 04, 2016 Joyce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was OK
Cynthia Siermienski
Groom Wanted

A wonderful story of love, hurt, and romance. This is the second time I have read this book. It was just as good as the first time.
Cherry-Ann
Sep 21, 2013 Cherry-Ann rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely great! What a read...it's been a long time since I read such a page turner. Loved the characters!
Beth
Apr 13, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved the book, knew the ending immediately but what I love about Debbie's writing there is always a happy ending. too cute! fast read. ( ;
Donna Campbell
Nov 11, 2016 Donna Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast read.

This was a typical love story that was very predictable. I gave it four stars because it did keep my interest and was well written.
Bettye J Williams
Excellent

Story was riveting and a real page turner. Hard to put it down. You just want to keep reading and at the end, still wanted more. Really good reading Macomber is good.

Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2010
marline zucker
marline zucker rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2017
Marlene Walla
Marlene Walla rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Loretta Fahl
Loretta Fahl rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Kiki
Kiki rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2016
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Brielle Nickole
Brielle Nickole rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2017
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Jocelyn Miller
Jocelyn Miller rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2015
REGINA T. COBER
REGINA T. COBER rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Rhonda Bates
Rhonda Bates rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Debbie Collier
Debbie Collier rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Tapana Patel
Tapana Patel rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Bee Killam
Bee Killam rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2012
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Future Mrs. Darcy (Given Good Principles, #2)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Everyday Hero: The Volunteers - A Darling Bay Short Story (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #2.5)
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • The Mannequin (The Mannequin #1)
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • Getting to the Church On Time (Sapphire Falls, #6.75)
  • The Apartment
  • You're the One (La Bohème, #0.5)
  • Home For A Soldier
  • Cowboy Seeks Bride (Spikes & Spurs, #7)
  • His Forbidden Princess (Royal Holiday, #4)
  • Millionaire's Wedding Revenge (The Garrisons, #3)
  • Her Secret Prince (Royal Holiday, #2)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

From This Day Forward (3 books)
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • Pernikahan Impian (Marriage Wanted)