Start by marking “The Random House Treasury of B” as Want to Read:
The Random House Treasury of B

The Random House Treasury of B

Featuring classic poems of the English language that have proved perenially popular, this expanded second edition includes more modern classics by such contemporary poets as Gwendolyn Brooks, and includes the works of famous poets, including Robert Burns, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, Edgar Allan Poe, Carl Sandburg, and more.
Published August 18th 1990 by Random House Reference Publishing (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Random House Treasury of B, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Random House Treasury of B

Laura Verret
I love poetry. I love little skinny books of poetry. But even more, I love big fat books of poetry.

This one wasn’t as fat as it could’ve been. But at 340 pages, it was still nice sized. You may have noticed from the title, that this is a ‘large print edition’ – when purchasing the book, I told myself I would enjoy it “despite” the large print. Having read, I can now say that part of the reason I enjoyed it so much was *because of* the large print.

*cough*

I think it was because it made me feel lik
Tasia
Jan 09, 2013 Tasia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
I think it's a good collection for those just entering the world of poetry (as in very young people), but not for someone looking for a serious, diverse collection. One of my biggest criticisms is that there were some oddly-placed entries. The one that sticks out the most is "On Being Brought from Africa to America" by Phyllis Wheatley being placed in the Country Life/City Life section. The poem is Wheatley's way of addressing her history as a slave and salvation through Christianity. How is thi ...more
Autumn
May 13, 2015 Autumn rated it really liked it
I don't like to shop but for my sixteenth birthday, twenty two plus years ago, I asked for a shopping spree at the music & bookstore. I purchased this book and it's one of my favorites to this day. I read a few of the other reviews and I agree with most everything written. This is an excellent collection of poetry to grow up with and I cherish many of the poems in my heart. This is a biased review as I am so sentimentally attached to this book.
Eva Shang
Apr 01, 2012 Eva Shang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I obviously haven't read and analyzed every poem in here, but they have some good ones that I wouldn't have found otherwise, such as "Peace" by Yeats, "Ashes of Life" by Millay, "Waiting" by Raymond Carver, and especially "What Work is" by Phillip Levine, which I completely fell in love with. So overall, great anthology.
Sarom
Sep 28, 2008 Sarom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was given as a gift from my sister Saroum. I love poetry and I have read this book several times over and over. It also inspires me to write poetry as well.
Julia
Jun 04, 2009 Julia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
My mother gave me this book when I was a kid and it's one of my most treasured books. This book really introduced me to poetry.
Susan
Aug 13, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lovely read! There were a lot of poems I recognized and a ton that were new. It's a super introduction to famous poems.
Hayley Shaver
Jul 27, 2016 Hayley Shaver rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
A lot of these poets in this book are my old favorites, and a lot are brand new to me. The same can be said of the poems. If you love poems, this is the book for you.
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2009
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Julie Woods
Julie Woods rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
Melissa Mosby
Melissa Mosby rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2010
Brooke
Brooke rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Joshua Mcdonald
Joshua Mcdonald rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Betsy
Betsy rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2009
Jediraven
Jediraven rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2010
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Kailey (BooksforMKs) rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2008
Katybug
Katybug rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2014
EmJo
EmJo rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Patty Wonderly
Patty Wonderly rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Charlene Morris
Charlene Morris rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013
emma grace
emma grace rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2009