Start by marking “American Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
American Betrayal

Diana West

American Betrayal

Published (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about American Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Betrayal

Stephen J.
Mar 01, 2014 Stephen J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it! You need to read it also. Whoops finished it in about one week and forgot to mark it read!! A disturbingly good and necessary read!! After you read this Bonhoeffer's story and his books will become your guide to know what you and all of us of faith have to do. Not be ashamed of our faith, freedom and future!
Tom
Sep 20, 2015 Tom rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the latest iteration of the shopworn old Bircher screed about how the US was supposedly virtually taken over by Soviet Communists under FDR, one that not only belittles the necessary alliance we had with Stalin as a lesser evil to defeat Hitler, but that goes even farther to make ridiculous assertions like the D-Day invasion of Normandy was the product of communist intrigue since what was really called for was having the main strategic thrust up through Italy. The author's hysteria about ...more
David
Oct 03, 2013 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blake
Jul 23, 2016 Blake rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book during my ongoing process of wanting to understand modern American culture, our geopolitical climate, and to more deeply understand Islam and its implications. What I read in this book was completely unexpected and gut wrenching. I could not read the whole book because what I kept learning and reading made me feel physically ill. Fortunately, I don't think I need the know all of the details of this remarkably detailed account of a critical time in American history. The ke ...more
Phil Melton
As essential a read as I've come across in quite awhile. Provides a new lens through which to view the history of the United States since the early 20th century, and is a thorough indictment of our ruling elites' (especially the Democrat party) complicity in facilitating and advancing a Marxist agenda. Engrossing, well-written, and thoroughly documented. With blurbs by M. Stanton Evans and Amity Shlaes.
William
Nov 13, 2014 William rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading this you will never look at WWII the same. The infiltration of communists into our government and media has been setting the direction of our nation since the 1930s. People should be dug up and shot. Sad thing is our government is still infiltrated.
David Stokes
Jul 04, 2013 David Stokes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful book!
Chad
Jan 07, 2015 Chad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joshua Rosenblum
American Betrayal could be an important book because its subject matter is actually so damn critical to not only our history (largely unknown and dismissed) but also to how we need to confront our current world historical crisis - our battle against radical Islam (or better yet a continuation of our struggle against all antagonists of The Enlightenment.)

That said, I have to take points off from the book for its polemical tone and speculative flights of fancy (did Soviet penetration of Washington
Joe Chernicoff
Aug 04, 2013 Joe Chernicoff rated it it was amazing
Diana West is a helluva journalist and writer. As with her seminal work Death of the Grown-Up, American Betrayal is a very important book for all to read. For me, this work had a strong familiarity, since having been born at the beginning of the 1930s, and having grown-up hearing Democratic and Communist propaganda, and having heard and read a bit of the data West has in her book, as well as other personal and anecdotal evidence re: Communist infiltration into the government - the effects of whi ...more
Mustang USMC
Dec 11, 2014 Mustang USMC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a worthwhile book because it clearly demonstrates that the United States of America is on the same path of the Roman Empire in its declining days. We, the American people, have not been good stewards of the gift of our founding fathers. We have failed to learn the lessons of history. We have created a personality cult out of our political process —and none of this will benefit our progeny. We the people have given up our children’s legacy to thugs wearing expensive suits.
eliezer d lugo jr
Very interesting book. Worthwhile read for all Americans.

If you love your American way of life, you must read this book. I knew their we lies out there, and Diana showed them to me. Here is one of book I will cherish forever. More politicians need to be aware of the past mistakes, so that we don't repeat them. Believe me you need to read this book.
Tamquam Leo
Jan 03, 2016 Tamquam Leo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shocking revelations well documented. Impossible to argue that it is a fabricated conspiracy theory. The facts presented, when followed to their logical conclusion go a long way to explain the situation we are in now.
George Ashmore
May 15, 2015 George Ashmore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly great history--what tey don't mention or just lie about in school books.
Sam Fink
Jul 21, 2013 Sam Fink rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing style comes across as whiny but the subject matter and the research are very good. Truly undermines a lot of the misinformation ones learns in school about the FDR Administration and WWII, Very unsettling.

Should be required reading for every high school student in America.
Anna Murray
Nov 11, 2013 Anna Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a spectacular read and should be read by everyone! The research is thorough, the citations impeccable, and the writing excellent. A powerful subject matter known to very few.
Dawn
Oct 23, 2013 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shoud be required reading.

Dave McCrae
Dave McCrae rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Matthew Dambro
Matthew Dambro marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Fred Dilger
Fred Dilger rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Hendre Claassen
Hendre Claassen marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Gregory Mooney
Gregory Mooney rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Jaime Martinez
Jaime Martinez rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Tóth Árpád
Tóth Árpád rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Taqbir Huda
Taqbir Huda marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Hannah Daffinson
Hannah Daffinson marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Dianne
Dianne is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2016
  • The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle over God, Truth, and Power
  • Venona: Decoding Soviet Espionage in America
  • Breakthrough: Our Guerilla War to Expose Fraud and Save Democracy
  • Hollywood Hypocrites
  • Green Hell: How Environmentalists Plan to Control Your Life and What You Can Do to Stop Them
  • Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America
  • Shadowbosses: Government Unions Control America and Rob Taxpayers Blind
  • Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam Is Subverting America without Guns or Bombs
  • World War IV: The Long Struggle Against Islamofascism
  • The Debt Bomb: A Bold Plan to Stop Washington from Bankrupting America
  • The Shadow Party: How George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Sixties Radicals Seized Control of the Democratic Party
  • Courting Disaster: How the CIA Kept America Safe and How Barack Obama Is Inviting the Next Attack
  • Primetime Propaganda: The True Hollywood Story of How the Left Took Over Your TV
  • The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America
  • Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and Other Boneheaded Bureaucrats Are Turning America into a Nation of Children
  • The Tempting of America
  • Endless War: Middle-Eastern Islam vs. Western Civilization
  • God and Ronald Reagan: A Spiritual Life

“Despite Soviet 'defeat' in 1991, the ideas associated with Communism remain shockingly reputable throughout what we still know as the Free World.” 1 likes
“At almost every challenge, the bastions of tradition run up a white flag. It's almost as if they've been neutralized, neutered even, as though there were nothing left on the inside. Could it be the emptiness, reluctance to stand on and defend the tradition and its institutions, a shaky hold on principle, a failure to draw conclusions and make judgments, are the real legacy of the 'American Century'? If so, who really won all of those wars?” 1 likes