Start by marking “What Comes To Hand” as Want to Read:
What Comes To Hand

What Comes To Hand (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
I think these two men have decided to spice up their love life a bit by trying something new. They are in a fancy hotel and have used whatever came to hand. Where did that lacy scarf come from?

Photo Description:
Two well-built, naked, dark-haired men are in a high-ceilinged room with a wooden floor and white-painted decorative moldings on the walls. The photo c
Published August 4th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about What Comes To Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Comes To Hand

julio
Nov 21, 2014 julio rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: the brave! the proud! the besporked!
Shelves: shorts
my face. NOW WITH BONUS FOOTNOTE!

omfg you should have seen my face.

the last 30 percent of this quick and dirty read was...

...wow.

the word I'm looking for here is:

WHEEEEEEEEE!!!

it was disgusting and unhygienic and more or less horribly unsettling—but that's what the authors wanted, innit.

because the tenderness and emotional investment in the beginning was expertly coordinated, so that by the time all hell broke loose and the tables were turned on the poor narrator i may as well have been this me
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Aug 18, 2013 ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) rated it did not like it
Shelves: mofo-please
That Time When I Almost Cursed Out A Short Story (And Deleted A Bunch of Stuff)

Okay, people, this review is about to be full of spoilers coming out the ass like it drank a whole bottle of Southern hot sauce, followed by a bottle of prune juice and gallon of hot water. WARNING: Nothing is in a spoiler tag, so if you don't want spoilers do not read this review.

Despite the fact that this story was free I somehow ended up feeling like I'd been cheated.[here is where I deleted a whole rant on how I'm
Anyta Sunday
Aug 04, 2013 Anyta Sunday rated it it was amazing
This is dark and saucy and not for the faint of heart. I repeat, not for the faint of heart. ;)

The Setting

The economic setting of the story really works to heighten the emotional aspects--even if Rob wasn't a Dom, financial strain on a relationship can be hard. And because financial and economic stresses are such a current issue, it makes the story feel well set in our contemporary world. Added to that, the fact the Dom that can't get work, and --yeah-- wow, the dynamics between him and his sub
Kol Anderson
Whew!

Erm, fuck this was something. Okay so first off this is two married men with a long term relationship, so not going to whip out the non-con tag for this one. I'm sorry and it might sound crazy to some people but despite the extreme nature of their kink, the whole thing is very consensual BDSM, emphasis on SM. The sub in concern is obviously into it. Extremely well written so you feel every moment of it, but what starts out as a post-marriage weekend outing, gets depraved as fuck soon enough
Steelwhisper
Unsafe--Insane--Non-consensual

or if you prefer that

Risky--Abusive--Non-consensual--Creep

I'll make this short: that's a very creepy story featuring abuse and assault, vastly unsafe ad-libbed medical practices, playing at BDSM (not to be mistaken for BDSM-play, I didn't believe in any of them being into the lifestyle!) with safe-words unheeded. The characters came over being bitter and very aged with a very curious behaviour altogether. The story felt muddled, the author's voice sounded equally bi
Silkeeeeee
Wow, the reviews for this story are all over the place. I’m really a bit surprised. Two men, in a committed relationship, doing some kind of hot, definitely different, BDSM scenes and out comes the Non Con label. I’m not seeing it. He used a yellow (slow down) safeword once. That’s the only time, that I read, that this became anywhere near a non con. Whatever. I guess to each his own.

I thought it was a very imaginative story. I haven’t read anything that included THAT little kink in it and I hav
Macky
Wowser! That didn't pull any punches. Short and a bit of an innocuous start but then OMG!!! I knew there was a reason I didn't like wasps... Seriously kinky but strangely hypnotic. I had a real buttock clenching moment there but couldn't look away. Seriously you've got to check this Ballsey little number out but be prepared to cross your legs! ;)

Vivian
Aug 04, 2013 Vivian rated it really liked it
Well...that elicited complicated feelings. (view spoiler)

Very interesting and original takes on power exchange.
Fangtasia
Aug 16, 2013 Fangtasia rated it it was amazing
The beginning was like...

And the end was like...

Unsettling? Ha! That was...seriously, the scariest fun I've had in a good, long while.

Heed the warnings. Read at your own risk. Some mental images cannot be unimagined.
Debra

Not sure how to rate what I just read! I do like my dark kinky reads, and certainly wasn't expecting this. I enjoyed the way the story lulled me in and then took a left turn out of nowhere once the couple was on vacation.

This is hard core stuff here. Please heed the author warning tags -- This established couple relationship does not fit the definition of safe, sane and consensual practices of bdsm. Extreme insect play!
Elizabetta
Aug 09, 2013 Elizabetta rated it liked it
Recommends it for: syfy

This is well written and there is a very clever twist in the relationship which is not immediately made evident. And the story did the job it set out to do— to push the edge and make me squirm.

Riveting, yes, erotic, no. What I keep coming back to is, if I were Eli, it would have been very difficult to find a level of trust with Rob after that scene. So while I could understand it, I couldn’t relate to his decision in the end.

Unless I missed something, the story took real liberty with
Bree Cheese
Aug 05, 2013 Bree Cheese rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bree Cheese by: Vivian
This is a really unique short read, but heed the warnings for this book. Insects included!
Syfy
Sep 02, 2013 Syfy rated it liked it
Recommended to Syfy by: Elizabetta
Shelves: lhnb-20013
Well, I do love a bit of cray-cay, so when a character goes off his rocker and his partner decides to roll with it, who am I to disagree? LoL!
Heather
Aug 16, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, lhnb
I got half way through this LHNB story and thought I accidentally downloaded the wrong one. [i am after all computer Illiterate] but, there it was! I mean I choose to read this book, at this point in time, because of friends reactions.

BAM! It kind of knocks you upside the head.

I have a confession, I totally dig, kicky Sadistic sex! :P

Personally I liked the being keep in the dark, <\spoiler>with regards to the whole Dom/sub element. <\spoiler>It was almost a refreshing second breath
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Aug 05, 2013 Angie (Mind Malfunction) rated it it was amazing
What Comes to Hand is a short M/M BDSM Erotica by Tripoli. I found this story here, on Goodreads and I was shocked by the quality. This story was intense, hot, and has a great storyline, which is hard to do in a short story unrelated to a series. I loved every moment and hope there are more moments to come.
Serena Yates
Sep 06, 2013 Serena Yates rated it did not like it
Shelves: gay, bdsm-and-d-s
Well. I barely know what to think about this one. There are a few words that come to mind: "seriously disturbing" and "I wish I hadn't read this" come to mind. "Insect play" in the tags given to the book is what should have stopped me from reading this story in the first place, but my curiosity got the better of me, I guess. That is entirely my fault and a personal issue.

It all starts so well: a couple in trouble, trying to reconnect, going on a weekend retreat in an old hotel. Sounds promising,
Tully Vincent
This story was well-written, unusual & had a twist that didn't come out until about midway through. Unfortunately, I didn't feel much of a connection to the characters (maybe due to the short length) and didn't find it romantic/erotic. Instead, I was left feeling a bit worried for Eli being in the hands of Rob. This short could almost work for me as the beginning of a horror story.

When I looked for the original post, I noticed the story came with this warning which is not displayed on the bo
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~

Well, wasn't this a twisty little story?! Long-time couple Eli and Rob have lost their way and this is their way of finding each other again and completely not what I expected, kudos! (view spoiler)
Janie
Aug 04, 2013 Janie rated it liked it
Well I'm not really sure about this story. After finding out they used to have a D/s relationship that made so much more sense to me then. I know a lot of people didn't like the wasps aspect but I found it creepily arousing. I've never read another bdsm story that was like that and I thought it was rather intriguing.
Kat
I won't rate it as the blatant disregard of basic rules in a D/s relationship is just plain wrong....
Kim Alan
Aug 14, 2013 Kim Alan rated it it was amazing
Touching, then Hot -- then unnerving and wrong and frightening. And ballsy as hell. **applauds authors**

Read it for what it is, NOT as a BDSM how-to, and you'll see the beauty of it.
SheReadsALot
Prompt picture? Awesome.

Story tags? Equals a definite read from me.

The story? We will see...
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Holy WOW Uh... Yea I got nothing right now liked it, scared me a bit and eww I hate bugs. ALL bugs heebie jeebies BIG time.
mw138
Aug 04, 2013 mw138 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
When the sub's safe word was ignored, I checked out. Very uncomfortable.
Virginia
K
Aug 04, 2013 K added it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB story released 4.8.13
Eli and Rob have been in a relationship for seven years and are failing to communicate, it appears mainly due to Rob having difficulties at work. Eli takes the initiative and books a weekend away. Somehow during the first day of the weekend it turns out that Rob is Eli's Dom and unfortunately for me the story went downhill from there. There was no negotiation as to what would happen - which raised hackles as it had appeared from the start of the story that the couple ha
Gigi
Oct 11, 2014 Gigi marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
First off, I have sung from the rooftops how incredibly grateful I am at all the fabulous authors who have given us so many wonderful FREE stories this summer as part of the M/M Romance Groups's Love Has No Boundaries story collection. I'm still not even a quarter of the way through them and look forward to lazy winter days when I can give them more of my attention. That said, there are always going to be some stories that just aren't for you, and this is one of them for me. I put it on my DNR ...more
Pamela Su
Aug 18, 2013 Pamela Su rated it really liked it
Wow. I guess I should have read the Content Warning bit first, huh. Oops.

Totally wasn't expecting what I read. It was so disturbing and scary and dangerous! But I liked it.

The couple reached a pivotal moment in their established relationship and it was a very real question whether it was a make up or break up time. I really liked where the whole story went, despite the extreme situations Rob put Eli in. Even with the short length, there's a wealth of story behind the words. There was so much I
Nadine Bookaholic
Medical play, insect play, engraving, BDSM, very interesting read just wish it was longer so you have more character building.
Leah
...so what else does Tripoli write? I'm intrigued!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything #1-7)
  • Tinman
  • The Badass Of His Dreams
  • When Karma Comes Knocking...
  • The Brat Whisperer
  • Needing You
  • Smoky Glimpses
  • Head Over Heels
  • Stalking Dreams

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix