Start by marking “Jellybeans for Breakfast” as Want to Read:
Jellybeans for Breakfast

Jellybeans for Breakfast

Published 1979 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about Jellybeans for Breakfast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jellybeans for Breakfast

Shans McClellan
Feb 26, 2010 Shans McClellan rated it it was amazing
The first book I remember reading all by myself and because it went out of print a few years after this feat, I spent a good dozen years or so searching for it. When I finally found a copy in a library in Washington when I was in college I checked it out, never returned it and paid the $12 fine so that I could have it forever. :)
Kim Hamann
May 16, 2012 Kim Hamann rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Wish I could afford to buy a copy.
Sarah Stanfield
Nov 14, 2016 Sarah Stanfield rated it it was amazing
One of my very favorite books as a kid - it was the first book I remember picking out at the school book fair all by myself. I love reading it with my daughter now!
Christine
Oct 09, 2011 Christine rated it liked it
I checked this book out of the library to read to my daughter because it was one of my sister's favorite books when we were growing up. This is an old book, published in 1968. I loved the book's focus on pretending, and I really liked the colorful illustrations. I was uncomfortable, though, with the pages on pretending to be gypsies, which seem stereotypical and somewhat demeaning. I also felt uncomfortable with the pages on pretending to be orphans, which seem to make like of the tragedy of ...more
Melissa
Jan 30, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a child , unfortunately our library doesn't have a copy and I believe it's out of print...I did check it out once through an inner library loan and my girls loved it too, it's just a fun imaginative book!!
Merri
Jan 25, 2011 Merri rated it it was amazing
This was an absolute favorite book as a child, and I've passed it on to my step-daughter & will do the same for my little one as well. It's full of imagination, adventure and friendship. A must for little girls!
Nan
Aug 21, 2012 Nan rated it really liked it
One of my favorite books to read to my children & grandchildren, given to us by my elmenetary school teacher mother! I wish they'd republish it so I could buy more as gifts!!!
Mary
Feb 12, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
I would certainly buy this in an instant if it was available. This might be the earliest thing I can remember loving to read!
jcad
Jun 23, 2012 jcad rated it really liked it
One of my favorite books as a child - there are some pages that are un-p.c. that I struggle to read to my son. I'm developing a desire to plaster some of these old books with alternate narratives.
Jennifer A.M.
Nov 07, 2007 Jennifer A.M. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all children
This is absolutely my favorite children's book of all time. I wish it was still in print! If you can find it at a book sale or library, read it to your kids, they will love it!
Toni Espeset
Nov 11, 2009 Toni Espeset rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books as a child. It' out of print now - but I have a torn up version from my childhood. I wish I had one in good condition
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2012
Sonnet
Sonnet rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2008
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2013
Littlechai
Littlechai rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2011
Christal
Christal rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Gert
Gert rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2009
Joan
Joan rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2011
Creolecat
Creolecat rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2013
Mary Botkin
Mary Botkin rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Sheela
Sheela rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2009
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2011
Maryann
Maryann rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2012
Teri
Teri rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2011
Binky
Binky rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013