Run for the Roses

Run for the Roses

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Abigail Conrad has spent her whole life training for one goal: to win the roses at the Arabian Youth Nationals. She’s given up friends, a social life, and doesn’t have time to even think about guys -- much less date!

Now that she’s headed off to college in the fall, it’s her last chance to be a Youth National Champion, and she won’t let anything distract her from that dream...more
ebook
Published November 2013 by Swoon Romance

Riptide by Amber Lea EastonFire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa PetreshockHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie MaeAnonymity by Amber Lea EastonSecondary Characters by Rachel Schieffelbein
Best Swoon Romance Book Cover of 2013
8th out of 313 books — 65 voters
Love and Cupcakes by Susan Bishop CrispellHow to Hook a Bookworm by Cassie MaeHow to Seduce a Band Geek by Cassie MaeFire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa PetreshockHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie Mae
Swoon Romance Novels
41st out of 68 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Lizzy Charles
This novella is such a fantastic read and a great deal! Rachel does such a great job creating authentic characters in Abigail and Chase. I’ve read Rachel’s first novel, Secondary Characters, and I went into this worried I wouldn’t swoon over Chase as much as I did with Lance in her first novel.

I was foolish to worry. I swooned big time!

Rachel does such a great job creating a dynamic and adorable relationship between Abigail and Chase! You’ll love it!

The other aspect of the novella that I loved...more
Cierra (The Book Lover's Report)
Run for the Roses is a clean YA novella. The farthest that they even went was kissing. I would consider this a sweet little romance. And I mean little literally. I actually hadn't known that this book was a novella when I decided to read it.

I thought that Chase was a great person/guy/character for Abigails character. He was always there for her, especially when she needed him. This is (probably) what most people want in a guy, especially of the romantic persuation.

You know how sometimes you star...more
Leeanna
This review originally appeared on my blog, Leeanna.me.

==

RUN FOR THE ROSES features Abby, a super-motivated girl who wants to win the Youth Nationals. This year is her big chance, and winning is more important than ever because she wants the college scholarship prize, but also because she wants to win so bad it hurts. Abby’s spent years focusing on this goal, and her life consists of riding, school, and working to help support her dream.

Boys do NOT figure into Abby’s life. She has no time for a...more
Cha

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

some_text

She’s focused, goal-oriented and doesn’t need the distraction – Abigail Conrad isn’t going to be the Reserve Champion for the Arabian Youth Nationals. Her life-long training is finally going to pay off when she’s going to win the roses. She had sacrificed so much for her dreams. While other girls her age party and drinks, this girl is training her ass off. Heading off to college in the fall, this is her last chance to win.

some_text

What she didn’t expect was to meet...more
Fiction_TheNewReality
Synopsis: Abigail Conrad is horse lover, horse rider, and horse competition winner. Abby's been training all her life for Arabian Youth Nationals, and she won't let anything keep her from coming in first place. That is, until she meets the handsome older brother of her competition rival. When Chase comes into Abby's life, she'll need to make the choice between letting horseback riding rule her living or letting in someone new that just might change her life forever.

Review: First, a major thank...more
Kelley Lynn
Wrapped up in the 80 pages is a fantastic story ARC and wonderfully built characters. The emotions are genuine and real. We get it all, love, loss, determination, victory and defeat. I want to spend more time with Chase and Abby, but I don't have to. This story is that well written.

Probably the coolest aspect to this tale is the authenticity that comes with Rachel's experience with horses. The reader can easily tell that we are in the head of a true competitor, and one who lives and breathes the...more
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Run for the Roses by Rachel Schieffelbein is an awfully addictive story for such a short book. Sometimes, I feel like I'm missing something with novellas, but that wasn't the case here. I got to know the main character and her situation fully. She was fun and easy to relate to. The romance was sweet and clean. It was plain cute! I feel like I got to know the supporting characters pretty well too. It was a story I would have enjoyed in high school as well. I re...more
Nora Black
The interesting backstory for this novella elevates it into something more than a schoolgirl romance. The character of the main protagonist, with all her self-doubt and glowing ambition, make for an interesting read whatever your age. Chase Benson is suitably gorgeous as the hero boy of our love story and there is an element of suspense since he is the brother of our heroines sworn enemy and main rival for her ultimate goal the horsy Nationals, with the roses and silver trophy that go to the win...more
Cassie Mae
Adorable, charming, easy read with characters who feel so real, I wanted to hug Abigail and smooch Chase. (I did hug my computer a few times ;))

Abigail is driven... one goal in her mind and boys are a distraction. But who cares when it's the yummy Chase, right? I felt for her... her passion for the races, her love for her horse, and the pressure to live up to something she's worked so hard for. I think a lot of people can relate to this character and her journey through this book.

Chase is a swoo...more
Lenore Kosinski
Super cute little novella. I actually felt like I learned quite a bit about horse stuff (the technical term) from reading this. Abigail was kind of hard to completely get behind, but I think that was the point. She was just so stubborn and ridiculous. And I almost thought that Chase was put up to it by Sydney, so apparently I wholeheartedly bought into Abi's paranoia...*smirk*

I really love how Ms. Schieffelbein captures that whole crush stuff....seriously, I loved reading Abi's thoughts about Ch...more
Leandra
Super enjoyed this and loved how yummy Chase was. A girl w/a big dream, a boy w/green eyes & muscles, and then throw in horses- books can't get much better than that! One of my fav lines was a snarky comment that the mc, Abby, made about her 'frenemy' Sydney, that was along the lines of her being born w/her head up and heels down. Anyone who has ever taken riding lessons can definitely appreciate that comment, lol!
Jeana Marie
This is a cute little story, though not quiiite as good as Rachel's debut, Secondary Characters. But still very enjoyable! :o)

(P.S. Chase.... thou art mine)
Susan
Jan 22, 2014 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Like Rachel's other novella, I didn't want this one to end. It's a sweet, fun love story with unforgettable characters.
Juliana
Super sweet and cute story! And it has horses! Love me some horses ;)
Fly To The Sky
Actual rating: 3.5
Cute book! Lovely short story
More to come...
Cameron
Read for professional services
Lars
Lars marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Cheth
Cheth marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Chloe Lewis
Chloe Lewis marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
estasi
estasi marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Patrick Siu
Patrick Siu marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Nida Raza
Nida Raza marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Hajar Wakil serdrar
Hajar Wakil serdrar marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rachel grew up in a tiny town in Minnesota. She still lives there, with her husband and their four kids. She coaches high school speech and theater, rides Arabian horses, reads as much as she can, and writes stories.
More about Rachel Schieffelbein...
Secondary Characters Don't Fall Real Girls Don't Rust