Start by marking “Hero (The Secret, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hero (The Secret, #4)

Hero (The Secret #4)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  2,913 Ratings  ·  209 Reviews
Twelve successful people today took seemingly impossible journeys to success. Each of us was born with everything we need to live our greatest dream, fulfill our missions and change the world. You too can be a hero.
Published November 19th 2013 by Atria Books (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hero, please sign up.

Leia Indeed it is, but I only picked out this one instead than the others because I heard this book is "life-altering" so I just had to pick this up real…moreIndeed it is, but I only picked out this one instead than the others because I heard this book is "life-altering" so I just had to pick this up real quick.(less)

Sojourner
Nov 20, 2013 Sojourner rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews
Hero: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne is a motivational book that promises to inspire and show us all how to search for, find, and live our dreams. The book gives the message that all of us are heroes in their own way and instructs how to fulfill our dreams. I believe it is one of the most ambitious projects taken up by its publishers, Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster.

The author does not need any introduction. She is the author of the monster hit, and one of the bestselling books of t
Abhishek Agarwal
Nov 19, 2013 Abhishek Agarwal rated it liked it
What I liked about HERO:

It is motivating and inspirational. Open any page in the book, and you will get something to uplift you. Think of any ingredient to success, and you will probably find a section devoted to it. Motivation, vision, gratitude, never quitting etc.

What i did not like about HERO:

- The book lacked coherence. There are no complete stories of the Heroes featured in the book. In stead, it is more like a book of quotations from the featured Heroes. Rhonda did not have very much to s
Elizabeth
Jan 01, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: achievement
I just didn't like it. A bunch of achievers telling their stories from clichee points of view.
Happy
Nov 19, 2013 Happy rated it it was amazing
This book is so beautiful. Inspiring and very empowering. I LOVE IT. Everyone must read this gift. This is a very special book that anyone must have. I'm going to carry this with me in my bag to keep me inspired every day. I even bought a stretchable cover cloth for this book since I knew it would come today in mail. I marked November 19, 2013 the best day of my life because I received it today. I am so HAPPY AND GRATEFUL!!! Rhonda Byrne is a blessing. She is a very wonderful and awesome author! ...more
Marcy Koltun-crilley
Nov 14, 2013 Marcy Koltun-crilley rated it it was amazing
The goosebumps started on the first page! Inspiring and also surprising, it is just amazing the way energy flows from this book.

I am already a fan of The Secret The Power and especially The Magic,
but this book was different and actually I was surprised.

This is the book to suggest or give to friends who do not believe in The Secret or never have heard of it. While it is meant for everyone, I think it will be especially powerful for teenagers and young people, who may not know who and how wonderfu
Jan 01, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Rhonda Byrne. Her books always get me pumped and I instantly feel motivated just holding one of her books. This book talks about the Hero that's inside of each one of us and how if we dare to pursue our true dreams and follow our bliss, that miracles happen. Will definitely be a keeper and will reread for years to come. Five stars!
Karen
Apr 12, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok
I'm not normally so critical of what I read. I try to find the good in it somewhere. But this book condescends to me, like I'm a rube. I don't really see the point in this book; a series of short anecdotal vignettes on this handful of über successful people. I feel that Ms. Byrne is capitalizing on their successes, to sell her book, in order to create her own success. That seems cheap & lazy to me! They each found their individual successes without the help of any of Ms. Byrne's cheesy, how- ...more
Jan 04, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Every once in awhile we need a reminder, that as souls on this earth we owe it to ourselves to find, initiate and achieve our greatest passion. Only then, will we leave this lifetime fulfilled. I think we all innately know this, but this book outlines it in a way that we " remember" and teaches us steps to move towards our own unique path. Twelve individuals, who have found their passions though they each faced great adversity, are highlighted in "Hero". A wonderful book to begin a new year with ...more
André Gomes
Jan 14, 2014 André Gomes rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy
Kind of more of the same idea behind the secrecy book: Think and Achieve, Believe in Yourself, Create first in your mind and then make it happen. The difference in this book is that they you the hero's journey as a guide to present those ideas. Anyways, I find it very inspirational.

In this book she also explores charity and gratitude.
NikkiSixx
Nov 19, 2013 NikkiSixx rated it it was amazing
Amazing book ^_^
Esraa
Jan 23, 2016 Esraa rated it really liked it
love the last part of the book the most
that to serve the others is your best crown
Nada
Dec 17, 2013 Nada rated it liked it
Review first published on my blog: http://memoriesfrombooks.blogspot.com...

The Secret - Hero is the fourth book in the series in Rhonda Byrne. The first was the international bestseller, The Secret, which was preceded by the movie of the same title. Then came The Power, The Magic, and now this book.

The essence of this book is that we are - each of us - the heroes of our own story, and it is up to us to make of our story what we will.

The book is organized into four sections - dream, hero, quest,
Qhistina
"What can I do, how loud can I yell, for everyone to hear me that you are a hero? Every single human being is a hero. You can be a hero in your own world."

Heroes boleh jadi Batman, Superman, Kluang Man, Abam Spider-Man, bla bla bla..

Heroes juga boleh jadi timah, khalid, syed, faizal tahir (assalamualaikum dunia), munzir, jessica, sabariah, tasnim, bla bla bla

Adiwira.
Akhirnya sempurna.
Aditi
Jan 28, 2014 Aditi rated it did not like it
Terrible ! What a waste of my money man. Does nothing in terms of even basic inspiration as it literally is a bunch of snippets about people's life and how they overcame their challenges etc. Stuff you can find online easily if you want. I really think now Rhonda Byrne and her team are running out of ideas how to reinvent their own book and failing at it miserably!

Not recommended at all!
Susan
Jan 23, 2014 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An "ok" book. Not as good as her others. It was interesting to read about other peoples passions, and their past. They gave words of encouragement. It took me awhile to read, wasn't that "into" it....
Tommywestside
Dec 10, 2013 Tommywestside rated it liked it
I've heard all about these books over the years and I finally decided that now would be as good as time as ever to start reading one.

I had no idea what to expect from this novel, having never read a novel of this genre, and went in only knowing that a hero lay within me.

I was not impressed for the first 1/2 of the novel, as the information contained within was nothing short of everyday knowledge given to me by my mother and father; nothing that "awoke my soul" and made me question life,the uni
Tsuyen
Dec 15, 2013 Tsuyen rated it really liked it
It is an uplifting book! Though a few points in the book contradict each other, I found the hero journeys inspirational and empowering. It is a feel good book if you want it to be. The 'magic' behind the stories will only have an magical influence on you and on how you feel if you embrace it and really believe in the principle of gratitude and positive thinking! You can choose to think this is rubbish and go on about your daily routines or you can choose to remember at least a few positive highl ...more
EMP
Mar 04, 2014 EMP rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Listened to this one. Byrne narrates and has actors do the voices of real life people she has interviewed. It's well done. I really enjoyed this book and found it uplifting and inspirational. For people who expect a lot of new or different material from Byrne, it might be disappointing. However, I found it to be an excellent reminder and would recommend it.
Victoria Brown
Feb 10, 2014 Victoria Brown rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Rhonda Byrne books (totally hooked after reading The Secret). This book is very inspiring and motivating (as are all her books). I love hearing stories from successful people: people who have followed their goals and are living their dreams. This book lets us know it is possible, you just have to believe.
Mahaakshay Chakraborty
Dec 07, 2013 Mahaakshay Chakraborty rated it it was amazing
One of the best books from the secret series. This is what I needed now. In simple language it explains a whole lot about life and with real life heroes giving us examples we can relate to the book more. An amazing self help book and yes one thing is for certain we should always be grateful and never ever give up. We all have the hero within and this book proves just that. :-)
Heidi The Hippie Reader
I've read Byrne's other books and this was more of the same: empowering messages and words of hope. I loved her other works but I gave this one a lower rating because I feel that it was less original and felt formulaic.

Love her or hate her, Byrne is clearly here to stay and I believe that she is one of the front runners in the new age/new thought movement today.
Manoj Arora
Mar 01, 2014 Manoj Arora rated it it was amazing
My learnings:
(1) We are born as a Hero to chase our calling in life. Each one of us gets that calling at some point in life, though most will convince themselves of their inability to chase.
(2) Perhaps you started out loving your current job, but in time, your work has become a grind to you. This means that your current job is not your calling.Somewhere along the way, you have put your dreams aside.
(3) the current life expectancy is 24,869 days. These days are precious. A single day spent withou
Pooja
Jan 04, 2014 Pooja rated it it was amazing
The book made me realize my dream and more enough, motivate to work towards it. Bought me out of the labyrinth i was stuck in, which no amount of any therapy could. After a long while actually made me take a risk, a life-changing one and i'm actually glad i did it. I believe in following my heart now, no matter how hard it is and that the little steps would lead us to our dreams. No book other than The Secret would have helped in it more than now and its only right to return the favor!

Everyone
kristen
Mar 19, 2014 kristen rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
Picked this up from library to satisfy my curiosity about the hype.....Oh the power this author claims to help us all find within ourselves (sarcasm). What a shame that our society spends so much time spinning our wheels trying to find some secret to what we think success and happiness should look like.

From first glance at this book to turning the final page, what was screaming at me (but never mentioned) was Yes! We are equipped with a hero/strength within....it's called the Holy Spirit, a div
Natalie
Feb 13, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have all of Rhonda Byrne's books and I love every single one of them. Her books probably fall under such genres as motivational, inspirational and self-help. Rhonda has a way of writing, and using quotes from others, that is so enjoyable to me. In Hero she features twelve people in our world today who overcame great odds to then become big successes. I was thrilled to find out that Liz Murray was one of the twelve. Liz's memoir, Breaking Night, is one of my favorite memoirs. As I read Rhonda's ...more
Kimberly VanNostrand
Nov 02, 2013 Kimberly VanNostrand rated it it was amazing
I've read The Secret, The Power, and The Magic before this newest from Rhonda Byrne. Hero could stand on its own, but it's also a great follow up to those three books.
While Rhonda's other books are more an overall life motivation, Hero is aimed more towards motivation to reach a goal. Dare I say it? The Universe put this book in front of me at the perfect time, just as I'm embarking on a new career and I need an extra dose of motivation to get there.
Mindset does have an impact on your life. In
Priti Shukla
Jun 29, 2014 Priti Shukla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As i have been living "The Secret" ever since i read, i was attracted to this book. I found it uplifting and inspirational. The essence of this book is "The Hero" is inside each one of us. We all have dreams, But we think 'I've got time to follow my dreams.' In fact, We don't have time. Life is short. IT IS NOW OR NEVER. If we don't do it now, we will keep putting it off, and never do it.

Book continues to give goosebumps with the real examples and quotations from the world's successful people.
Heidi Timmons
Aug 23, 2013 Heidi Timmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Rhonda Byrne and her books. I have listened to the audiobook of The Hero three times. It is motivational and inspiring. If you have not read The Secret because you doubt the law of attraction, etc., then this would be a good place to start. She hardly goes into her more controversial theories. This book focuses on the journeys of successful entrepreneurs and others who pursued their dreams. Every time I listen to the book it encourages me to press on with my goals, since the fe ...more
Nicole
Aug 15, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Das Konzept von "The Secret", dem ersten Buch von der Autorin, war mir bekannt. Hero bietet wenig Neues, dient vielleicht eher als Erinnerung oder Auffrischung, wie man es gelegentlich braucht, wenn man sich etwas an- oder abgewöhnen möchte.
Daher zwar kein Fehlkauf, allerdings auch kein großes Aha-Erlebnis.
Celia
May 09, 2014 Celia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stopped-reading
After I realized this was just a book of quotes, I lost interest. I never would have started reading it had I known. I thought it would be more like her first three books filled with action items, not inspirational quotes from people. Some quotes would be fine, but not the entire book. Very disappointing.
Brilliantly Unoriginal: Joesph Campbell's Hero 1 8 Jan 12, 2014 01:06PM
hero by rhonda byrne 1 29 Nov 20, 2013 07:14PM
  • Co-creating at Its Best: A Conversation Between Master Teachers
  • E-Cubed: Nine More Energy Experiments That Prove Manifesting Magic and Miracles Is Your Full-Time Gig
  • Lucid Living: A Book You Can Read in an Hour That Will Turn Your World Inside Out
  • Fearless: Creating the Courage to Change the Things You Can
  • Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death
  • To Live Until We Say Good Bye
  • The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out
  • Law of Attraction Habits: 5 Habits That Super Charge Your Manifesting Skills
  • Stick Up for Yourself!: Every Kid's Guide to Personal Power and Positive Self-Esteem
  • Shadow Dance
  • The Secret to Teen Power
  • Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams
  • The Emerald Tablet of Hermes and the Kybalion: Two Classic Books on Hermetic Philosophy
  • Goddess: Myths of the Female Divine
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • Living with Your Heart Wide Open: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from Unworthiness, Inadequacy, and Shame
  • Silva Mind Control Method Of Mental Dynamics
  • Break Your Own Rules: How to Change the Patterns of Thinking That Block Women's Paths to Power
Rhonda Byrne is an Australian television writer and producer, best known for her New Thought works, The Secret—a book and a film by the same name. By the Spring of 2007 the book had sold almost 4 million copies, and the DVD had sold more than 2 million copies. She has also been a producer for Sensing Murder. According to an article published by Australia's Herald Sun, Byrne has also worked on the ...more
More about Rhonda Byrne...

The Secret (4 books)
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • The Power (The Secret, #2)
  • The Magic (The Secret, #3)

“Life is not about negative circumstances that happen to you, it's about what you do with the golden opportunities hidden within!” 24 likes
“You might think, 'I've got time to follow my dreams.' You don't have time. Life is short. The current life expectancy is 24,869 days. While some of us will live more days and some fewer, either way you have only a precious number of days to live this life, and so you do not have time to put off your dreams. It is now or never. If you don't do it now, you will keep putting it off, and you'll never do it. The time is now!” 21 likes