Start by marking “Off Chance (Off, #5)” as Want to Read:
Off Chance (Off, #5)

Off Chance (Off #5)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,598 Ratings  ·  335 Reviews
He is seeking absolution.

Flynn Caldwell has a hero complex and it’s one of the reasons he joined the New York City Fire Department. He has spent his entire professional career trying to atone for that one person he failed to save. Because, if he can do that, then perhaps he can be worthy of love again.

She is seeking escape.

Rowan Page’s life is nothing short of a disaster.
Published October 19th 2013 by Big Dog Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Off Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Chance

Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleAccidentally on Purpose by L.D. DavisTemptation by K.M. Golland
Edinburgh Author List
120th out of 183 books — 27 voters
Back-Up by A.M. MaddenLife's A Cappella by Yessi SmithFighting for You by Sydney LandonRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloNight Owl by M. Pierce
Platypire Reviews Top Books of December 2013
376th out of 376 books — 656 voters

More lists with this book...

Mo
Mar 28, 2014 Mo rated it liked it
Definitely the eyes. Lashes so thick you would think they were painted on the border of the lightest pair of hazel irises I’ve ever seen. His dark brown hair, which he wears fairly short, only makes his eyes pop that much more…..

I don’t even wait for him to set his glass back down before I pick up the bottle, finally noticing the brand. Jameson’s. Good choice.

I liked this one. Didn’t love it, not sure why as I really liked some of the earlier books and had been looking forward to Flynn’s sto
Lyndy Ann ♫
OMG what a prologue how sad and what a beginning to a story.

The way Flynn and Rowan's relationship starts is different and building up the friendship is refreshing than just jumping into bed together. When they move the relationship onwards WOW HOT.

An emotional sad story from Rowan's POV and Flynn is so sweet and caring but can be bossy in the bedroom SEXY :).

It was great having all the gang together especially Nix (I <3 Nix).

I have loved ALL 5 books in the Off Series, great series would rec
♥Rachel♥
Oct 22, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Off Chance was a sweet romance with a hunky, protective fire fighter and girl down on her luck. I have a soft spot for a man in uniform and Flynn did not disappoint!

Flynn Caldwell lost his first love while in high school in a house fire. A death he feels he could’ve prevented. He’s now a firefighter trying to make amends for his perceived error. When he saves Rowan Page from burning to death after being left unconscious in a building fire, he can’t help the protective feelings that overwhelm him
BookLover
Mar 09, 2016 BookLover rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, na, ts, 2013-release
This fifth book in Sawyer Bennett’s “Off” Series is about Flynn (Renner’s brother) and Rowan. As is the case with all of my reads by Sawyer, I enjoyed the story.

Flynn saves Rowan from a dangerous situation with her ex. Instead of the story being about keeping Rowan away from that danger, I was happy, instead, to be treated to Flynn and Rowan establishing a close friendship. I did get frustrated with Rowan for her hot & cold attitude about taking things further with Flynn, but I also underst
Kara
Oct 20, 2013 Kara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Flynn. Rowan. A dog named Capone.
A great story! My favorite one of the series - although I have loved them all!

Flynn is a hot firefighter... can you imagine - no really it isn't so tuff is it?

[image error]

Rowan you get to see her at every level in this book. Her character grows and I love when an author can build a great one (character).

Jamie
Mar 22, 2015 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK... this wasn't one of my fav Sawyer books by a long shot but it was still cute. Rowan got on my nerves quite a bit but Flynn was pretty freaking awesome.
Kelly
Oct 01, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I LOVED Off Chance.

While I've enjoyed the entire Off series, Off Chance is officially my favorite.

What I liked: Off Chance was different than everything I've read recently. While there is the to-be-expected yummy Caldwell men, the situation is very different. The prologue was heartbreaking, and I of course understood Flynn right away because of it.

Rowan has such a captivating strength, and so much fight, I adored her. She wasn't perfect, she made mistakes, but everything about her seemed real a
Lisa
Jan 26, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this series and am sad to see it come to an end but what a perfect way to end it - with Flynn's story.

This basically sums up how I feel about Flynn:

photo tumblr_ljb1zobzo31qdwkzy_zpsfc97cc6c.gif

He was BEYOND swoon worthy. His devotion to his family and job made him even more attractive. I have officially kicked my now former book boyfriend Linc aside and am claiming Flynn as my one and only.

Rowan had a hard life the last five years. Trying to fly under the radar and keep herself safe at the same time. When Flynn saved
Amy Logg
Oct 21, 2013 Amy Logg rated it it was amazing
More reviews at The Reading Realm

REVIEW:
The story:
Flynn is no stranger to running into a burning building to save people, but the day he jumps through a window to find Rowan, unconscious and handcuffed to a bed, he wants to do more than save her from the fire; he wants to help her start a new life away from the dangerous drug dealing ex-boyfriend. At first Rowan wants nothing more than for him to leave her alone, even if that means sleeping on the streets, but the safety of her beloved dog Cap
Stevie
1.5 Stars. Let me please preface this by saying I am fan of Sawyer Bennett. This book however, did not work for me.

I could not connect with the characters or the story line. Flynn was a great character; all heart, all american, all fireman-hero fantastic. I loved his back story and what lead him to his profession. Out of all the heroes in this series, Flynn was the least alpha, but his overall do-good, protect the weaker, self sacrificing and unlimited ability to adapt made up for that in my op
Andrea
Oct 20, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for Flynn Caldwell for months. I know that doesn't seem like long, but in Hot Book Guy Years, that's a while. Author Sawyer Bennett has a way with her guys, and Flynn Caldwell was no exception.

Off Chance begins with a heartbreaking prologue, moves into a shocking first chapter, and transitions into a really sweet and thoughtful story about love and loss. Most importantly, it is a story of having the courage to take a chance on forever.

Off Chance felt a little different to me
Michelle Finkle
The epilogue and the updates on all past characters is what saved this book. There's such a thing as a slow burn, but then there's the risk of taking it too far and the flame burning out. The peak took too long for me. Once I got there, I no longer cared. Very disappointing wrap up to this series.
Jen_C
I was floored there were so many editing issues in this book. Lots of instances of an extra word in a sentence.

Luckily the story is worth skipping those little pesky things.
Niccisbookblog higginson
Oct 21, 2013 Niccisbookblog higginson rated it it was amazing
I am kind of sad that this is the last book in the Off series, i have totally loved all these stories and the men that star in them, (Sheds a tear, sniffs)
Im praying we get a novella maybe about Linc and Ever to see if Rowen helps to fill there dreams of a family, (Please, begging on my knees).

The prologue of this book practically had me in bits its so sad, but it does show us how Flynn’s life took shape as a adult his need to protect and save.

This story seems to be a slower burn from the other
Book Drunk Blog
Feb 20, 2014 Book Drunk Blog rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I am a big Sawyer Bennett fan. I mean HUGE. I have been hooked on the Off series since page one of Off Sides. When Off Limits came out I thought, " I love Nix way more than I loved Ryan." Then I met Linc. And then Cillian swept me off of my feet. Now, I have to say, I am so glad I met Flynn last.

Flynn. A NYC firefighter with a major hero complex (for good reason). He is the last we will see of the Caldwell clan (don't worry if you are an Off series fan, you get plenty
Kim
Oct 07, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Can two people with shattered past's find true love in the future ? Even if there past's made there future for love look unreachable they have to keep trying ! Flynn looses the love of his life and keeps trying to save everyone he crosses paths with until his path crosses with Rowan. Yes her past was not the same as Flynn's but in away it was she also lost love but she doesn't need saving she is a survivor in her own right and doesn't need his saving, so she thought..... Can two people with shat ...more
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Oct 12, 2013 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
4 stars

I liked it but I didn't love it as much as the other books in the series.

The last book and the remaining single guy is Flynn. He is a firefighter and saves Rowan from a house fire. Being homeless and jobless he helps her out.

Flynn: Real men don't wear scarfs
Rowan: Fine. But don't complain when your neck gets cold
Flynn: Real men don't complain

I was expecting more of a story with Rowan's ex, but that fizzled out pretty quickly. What pushed the rating up for me was seeing all the charac
Michelle ♥♥♥♥
I WON AN ARC IN A CONTEST DIRECTLY FROM THEE WONDERFUL, SAWYER HERSELF

I have loved every single one of these books. I feel like I know everyone personally...

I have to say, Flynn is awesome and just maybe a bit better then Nix... I enjoyed everything about this book. Rowan was so easy to like too... Since this book isn't coming out until next month I am just reviewing with my feelings and nothing else!!!

I can't wait for You guys to read it.. I know you will fall in love, you will laugh your ass
Anne
Oct 06, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the Author for an honest review.

I know I said it before but I'll say it again...Sawyer Bennett you've done it again!!!! Never ceases to amaze me how she can write so intensely and I can feel every emotion from every character!!!
She had me crying just from the prologue! OMG, what a way to start a book!!
Rowan and Flynn are fantastic, believable characters! I fell in love with them both! Who wouldn't love a smokin hot fire fighter! **sigh** But he was so much more than that! He was
Lariza
Nov 03, 2013 Lariza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, challenge
Wow this series only gets better and better! Flynn Caldwell oh swoon- he's one gorgeous firefighter with a hero complex. Flynn and Rowan meet in dire circumstances and when Flynn see's her beautiful eyes he sees it as his duty to help her. Rowan is one tough cookie having learned to rely only on herself at a young age. She is quite hesistant to accept help from Flynn. She's doesn't trust easily, has a wall around her heart, but cannot help feeling Flynn's actions as genuine. I loved the story an ...more
Kizzy
Oct 20, 2013 Kizzy rated it it was amazing
I Beta read this book and OMG!! What can I say? I have loved this entire series from the beginning but I will say this one is my favorite of all :)
The prologue broke my heart but that gave me a better understanding of Flynn and the type of person he is. So when he rescues Rowan, I was hooked from then.
Flynn and Rowan..how cute are they? I love how their friendship/relationship grew. Rowan held back and was so stubborn, but we get why she does that as well. The story was amazing!
Loved seeing al
Kellie G.
Oct 26, 2013 Kellie G. rated it really liked it
I was slightly disappointed with this one. Only because I've loved the other books in this series so much. I had a hard time with Rowan. I just couldn't get over her indecisiveness over Flynn.

One of the things I've loved most about this series has been the heroes. They've been sexy, strong men who fall hard for their ladies. Flynn was definitely sexy! Who doesn't love a firefighter?! But I almost felt like Flynn was too patient with Rowan. He needed a little more back bone.

This wasn'
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Well ladies…it’s finally time to meet Flynn Caldwell, schmexy fireman for the FDNY! Let me just say O M G Sawyer Bennett has done it again. This is the fifth (and hopefully not final) book in the Off Series and I enjoyed it just as much as the first four.

Flynn…is…AMAZING! He is one of the most caring, understanding, and patient male characters that I have ever read about. A tragedy strikes him when he is a young man and he shapes his adult life to be the best man he can be as he seeks absolution
Gayatri Somaiya
Dec 03, 2015 Gayatri Somaiya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He is seeking absolution.

She is seeking escape.

Rowan Page’s life is nothing short of a disaster. Always immersed in trouble, she has only herself to depend on. She’s determined to pull herself out of this mess and make som
ChuCha
Jan 19, 2015 ChuCha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never ever let go of a person if you don’t want others to pick it up.

It’s frustrating, a little emotional, with oozing sexual tension, blasting chemistry and again – frustrating. Have you ever had the feeling of wanting to sneak inside a novel and smack one of the characters personally? Because OFF chance almost made me want to do it.

Rowan Page was bound to a bed, naked and was almost eaten by fire when Flynn saved her. At first, I must admit that I liked her. She didn’t have all the luck in
Lora Borzelleca
Jun 17, 2015 Lora Borzelleca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I swear...every time I read a book in his series...im like..ohhhh I love Ryan, No I love Linc, Nope I love Nix, I was wrong I love Cillian, opps wait...I love Flynn. I swear, each book I love each hero a little bit more than the last. Freaking Flynn. I felt so bad for him throughout the book. I thought the whole death of his GF when he was 18 was gonna be more prevalent and he was going to be pining after her or not open to love anyone because of it. But it was the opposite. Freaking Sawyer Benn ...more
KJ
Oct 29, 2013 KJ rated it really liked it
I really didn't like Rowan for probably half the book but then she grew on me and Flynn was so in love with her I had to trust he knew best! He was the hero, he didn't have a mean bone in his body -I tend to prefer badasses but Flynn was the perfect good "hot" guy and you can't help but love him -
Viktoria Van der bilt
Jan 13, 2015 Viktoria Van der bilt rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
LAST BOOK IN THE SERIES *sniffs*

I thought this book would be about Cady but oh, well. At least we're back to a Caldwell guy ;)
Carole
Jul 08, 2015 Carole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sports
Flynn is such a sweetheart and so patient !
Another interesting story from Sawyer.
Whitney Anderton
Flynn was absolutely perfect...sweet, kind & caring. But Rowan has to be one of the ,whiniest & most annoyingt heroines I've read in awhile. Wah way mommy & daddy didn't pay attention to me...you're a grown woman, get over it. It was a really weak & poor argument for jerking Flynn around like she did. He deserved so much better. People saying she was so strong yet all she could spout was she was so scared, annoyed the snot out of me. She switched her feelings off & on quicker ...more
  • Still Human (Just Human, #2)
  • Blushing (The Brightside, #2)
  • Wild Hearts (Forever Wild, #2)
  • Now or Never (Fight or Flight, #2)
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • Exquisite Betrayal
  • Keeping You (Always a Bridesmaid, #2)
  • Only for You (Boys of the South, #2)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Breaking Free (Breaking, #1)
  • Sweet (True Believers, #2)
  • Far Too Tempting
  • Christening (Nameless, #1.5)
  • Rock the Beat (Black Falcon, #3)
  • With Every Heartbeat (Cities of Love, #1)
  • Liabilities (Balance Sheet, #2)
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Subject to Change (Picturing Perfect, #2)
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released more than 30 books and has been featured on both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists on multiple occasions.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new ad
More about Sawyer Bennett...

Off (6 books)
  • Off Sides (Off, #1)
  • Off Limits (Off, #2)
  • Off the Record (Off, #3)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)