Start by marking “The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)

The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  7,207 ratings  ·  1,054 reviews
Abby has been through hell and has survived one of the most brutal childhoods imaginable…barely.

To the outside world she is just a loner with an attitude.

When her grandmother dies in a tragic explosion, Abby is left with questions-and nothing else.

Homeless, sleeping in a junkyard, and on the run from a system that has failed her over and over again, she meets Jake, a ta
Published September 15th 2013 by Booktrope Publishing

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsRaw by Belle AuroraTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Dark, twisted, abusive romance | 2013-2015
21st out of 219 books — 727 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansUntil November by Aurora Rose ReynoldsEasy by Tammara WebberHopeless by Colleen Hoover
Book Boyfriend Central
26th out of 582 books — 712 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
5 Damaged Stars!!!

The Dark Light of Day photo a1476e93-68cb-4dea-abdb-c04954122714_zps420359d0.jpg

This was not your average love story. It was beautiful, but broken and intense. Abby and Jake’s journey was not an easy one... this story wasn’t all happy, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The writing was fluid, the plot was unpredictable and I loved how it ended.

Abby Ford has only had one person in her life who she loves, who means anything to her, her Nan. Abby had a terrible and traumatic childhood. The last four years have been the closest to normal she’s ever had.
Lisa

You can find my full review at Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews

5 Stars

“After all, we all have darkness within us. Some of us more than others.”

description

The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier is one of those books that will ruthlessly take hold of you and refuse to let go until every last word has been read and absorbed. I absolutely love being swept away by a story, no matter how gritty and brutally tragic it is. And, trust me, this book is not for the faint of heart. What you get is a dark and unforgi
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
5 DARK CAPTIVATING STARS!!

description

"I fell asleep that night in the arms of a killer.I'd never slept better."

"We were just us.Broken and bruised.Fucked up and messy.And together we were everything we never thought we could be."

Wow this book definitely become one of my favorites!!It is so intense!! The story of Abbey and Jake is different and captivating!! This book explores a darker side of humanity...it will captivate you!!I couldn't put it down!!

The Dark Light of Day is about Abby's and Jake's life..
Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Principessa*

4.5 You are a survivor, you are a warrior Stars!!!

Abby might only be seventeen years old but she's been through whole lot more than people twice her age. When her Nana dies, she's left alone in the world, homeless, she ends up sleeping in a junkyard. This is when she meets Jake, he's blonde has blue eyes, but he has an inherent darkness surrounding. Abby feels safe around him, and that gut feeling is proven right when he saves her from a situation she swore she would never get back into again.

Th
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
1 star

WARNING: CONTAINS MEGA SPOILERS AND A VERY RANTY CLASS A BITCH WHO CAN'T GET OVER THIS TRAINWRECK-IN-DISGUISE STORY

Aside from the ridiculously high ratings, I chose to read this book for two reasons: a personal request and a blogger friend who repeatedly assured me I would like it based off of my tastes. Too bad that this is what I think:

Insta-love makes me vomit.

Pregnancy annoys me (unless the couple is already married or if the author really convinces me).

Inserting unnecessary time gaps
Aestas Book Blog

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED **

This book was just... WOAH!! (4.5 stars)

After several readers told me that this was one of the best books they'd read this year, I decided to try out the first chapter just to get a taste of what they were talking about... welp, three hours later it was 4AM and I was sitting there still reading and unable to put it down. It just quietly drew me in and didn't let go.

I love books that can take me by surprise and this was one of them! It was totally unpredictable! I fi
T.M. Frazier
Mar 20, 2015 T.M. Frazier added it  ·  (Review from the author)
DARK NEEDS, A DARK LIGHT OF DAY NOVELLA IS FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

photo DARK NEEDS FREE.jpg

Thank you all for the support. The Goodreads community has been nothing short of amazing with your support of The Dark Light of Day. King is coming. I promise it will be worth the wait. In the meantime I just wanted to say thanks and I love each and every one of you. Good review or bad. ; )

photo 1969356_546425958789113_1574707421_n.jpg

photo TDLODPROMO.jpg

photo TDLODRYANPROMO-2.jpg

photo Jakepromoadtattoo.jpg
Duchess Nicole
Price drop to $.99 on Amazon for a short time!

Yeesh, what a wild ride. There were moments of pure New Adult drama, sugary sweet luv, and then BAM...I was blindsided by a completely different second half...sort of a Natural Born Killers feeling at times, and it totally rocked. Whew!!!

Abby...a seventeen year old girl literally scarred by life...her parents drug addicts who neglected, beat, and tortured her.
"I didn't consider myself suicidal. Just tired."

She hides from the world the scars on h
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
4.5--Heart Attack Inducing--Stars!!!

I think I had like 5 heart attacks while reading this book! And now..

That was one of the most INTENSE, HEART-BREAKING, GUT-WRENCHING and PAINFULLY SAD love stories I've ever read!!!!

This book made me want to

I was

uncontrollably the last 15%.

And Owen! OMG Owen! My feelings for Owen were very passionate...and not in a loving way. In an

way!

Abby...you poor, poor thing. Damn! 17 years old. Abused by her parents, tossed around the foster care system. Finally ends
Lise *friends don't flag*
“After all, we all have darkness within us”

description

FIVE BIG- this is what I crave in a book Stars Plus…

I loved this one. It has some of the best elements of what I want in a great read. Deep, disturbing and dark characters, kickass hero and heroine, witty and snarky humor, suspense, healing love and a keep-me-on-the-edge-till-the-end storyline!

This is a debut novel, people and Wow… I am so looking forward to more from this author.

From the gut wrenching opening scene in Jake’s POV to the epilogue, This
Jess-i-ca ~The Gif Witch~
This review is going to make absolutely no sense but its the best I can do without giving away the story

4.5 WTF just happened stars...

"How could broken plus broken ever equal whole?"

photo tumblr_mj0eqeF2KY1r9hj4to1_500_zpsaf5a2b7f.jpg

Abby is broken and has had a shitty life and Jake is broken with his own scars and somehow through fate they come together.

nothing photo tumblr_mr7t3tzQD31rlkri9o1_500_zps756ca068.gif

Sick, twisted Abby was in love with the sick, twisted, beautiful Jake.

Abby and Jake fall for each other hard. I mean like BAM!

Ok so I was reading and thinking here we go with some insta-lov
Mo
20, 30, 40% into this book and I was rolling my eyes saying to myself, “Are my friends crazy…. Where are all those rave reviews coming from?” But then about 50% or thereabouts we had a “moment” and it all took off for me…. It just seemed like a different caliber of writing… I could not put it down.

Abby and Jake meet in unusual circumstances. Abby has had a tough life and it just got tougher as her
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
Did I love this book? Yes... Did it completely fuck with my head and cause me to lose my shit several times.. hell to the fucking yes!! Holyshit!!

My emotions!!! OHMYGOD... it was like the rpm's on my heart were way past the safe level for the majority of this story.

This book popped up on my feeds late this afternoon and I knew, immediately, that I had to read it.... I JUST HAD TO READ IT. So here I am.. 2:00 in the morning and I've just finished it. Literaly.. could not put this book down. F
Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Dark and Utterly Captivating Stars

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

Do you like sweet romances? Rainbows? Unicorns? Perfectly normal and non-damaged MC? Well too fucking bad! Because you're not going to get that here. Not even close. So prepare yourself for a story that's dark, gritty, brutal, devastating, gut-wrenching, keep-you-at-the-edge-of-your-seat-wanting-to-see-what-happens-next. Can't say you weren't warned.

Want me to describe my feelings th
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FrazierThedarklightofdayTitebySueBee_zpsc23dbad9.jpg
 photo jax-teller-riding-on-a-motorcycle_zps09a6f7c3.gif
! The Dark Light of Day (stand-alone). A beautiful tale of survival, endurance & a love that blossoms in spite of adversity!

“Hope had been stripped from me at every minute of every hour of every day for my entire life.”

The Darker Light of Day is a story about 17-year old Abby Ford who has had a horrible upbringing. and just learned that the only person who ever loved her, her grandmother, Nan just passed away.

Jake Dunn has just returned to town. He left when tragedy struck his famil
Jennifer Kyle
I LOVE ABBY & JAKE!

description

This book had a profound impact on me. Simply put, it made me feel. I had KNOTS in my stomach throughout the whole story. There is no way I can’t give this one 5 Stars. I can’t say that the story was perfection, or that the characters were, but I LOVED it!!

This is one of those stories where you just want to talk about it. Perhaps it’s the shock facto
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Lucas, Jesse, James,Jethro and Daniel ✝✝

photo tumblr_lytpgdlvEX1qfdwsio1_500.gif

This book was heartbreaking, warm, broken and yet filled with love . T.M. Frazier, you did it! A perfect mix of everything!

Jake Dunn is a broken soul who is surviving daddy issues after his brother and mother passed away.

" I also expected nothing from the godless world that ripped me apart at every turn. I expected nothing, until the night I met a certain redhead with an attitude. The night I met Abby Ford, my life changed forever"

"His smell was intoxicating - leather and sweat and pure tes
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Surviving, Darkly Shining Stars

We may not have been perfect, or even acceptable by anyone else’s standards. But together, we were perfect. Together, we were just us. Battered and broken. Dark and difficult. Impulsive and scared. Everything we never thought we could be.

description

In our souls, darkness and light co-exist. Sometimes one of them prevails, but the darkness never totally consumes the light. A precarious balance holds the threads of our sanity and mends the broken pieces of our battered bodies
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

What a fantastic book!!!

So.. This is not your typical kind of book.
There are no hearts and flowers and rainbows...

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"

People are not good...

Life is not easy...

When 17yr old Abby's grandmother dies, she literally finds herself with nothing.

"It’s amazing what poor judgment you can have when your options are limited to practically nothing."

Just when Abby finds one person who she thinks gives a shit about her, she is sadly
Brandi

4.5 They couldn't fucking break me Stars!

I have been struggling to find the right words. I want to do this book justice, but my inadequacy is weighing me down and has my mind blank. The Dark Light of Day is a perfect example of a story you need to experience with the characters. You need to just jump in and open you heart and soul to Abby's story. Life has not been easy on Abby, barely surviving her horrific childhood she finally finds a bit of love and happiness when she is placed in her grand
Smitten's Book Blog

What the fuck?! Lol! This book is bat shit crazy! And I'm feeling a little warped, because I really enjoyed it! I do love a book that makes me double-check that my moral compass is still pointing in the right direction!

I fell asleep that night in the arms of a killer. I'd never slept better.

4.5 stars for Bee & Jake!

So, I love a good biker romance. It's such a guilty pleasure, reading about the depravity, corruption and extortion. The criminal activity, the killings... The things most of
Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: The Dark Light of Day
SERIES: (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
AUTHOR: T.M. Frazier
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: September 15th 2013
MY RATING:

I read this initially in September 2013 and LOVED it then and have just re read it now and fell in love with it all over again

Warning: This is Abby and Jake's story, it contains unimaginable over the top disturbing situations, mind fuck violence, drug use and all those dark gritty things that send you to the bottle..

So if you want rainbows
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Five Rip-Your-Heart-Out Torturously Dark Stars....

This ain't your Momma's fluffy romance novels. If that's your cuppa, step away now. It. Was. Brutal. And I loved it! No judging me!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is one of those books that I walk away from writing the review feeling like I didn't review it much at all because there's very little story I'm going to give away. It seriously needs to be experienced as it comes. But I'll try...

One word to describe this book? DAMAGED.

Abby has a shit life. She's a 17-year ol
Vishous
Honestly I wanted to rant about this book ! I wanted to rant so much! I wanted to write all the spoilers and why it pissed me off ! I wanted to write all the reasons why it all went down for me after actually good beginning ! This was drama all over the top ! Don't get me wrong, I loooove drama but this was simply too much ! Too much of everything! My eyes hurt from so much eye rolling! I had a feeling like the author wanted to write all possibly shocking events, like every page has to have some ...more
Amber Rose

photo m_zps5abd8d6b.jpg

I had high hopes for this one since I've kept hearing that this one is dark . I got full force of thrill and being on the edge of my bed kind of feel for this book. It took me by surprise and capture me into a reading, do not stop reading what ever you do type of state. OMG this book blew me fucking away. I loved it. I mean I fucking down right loved every single pa
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
4 STARS out of 5
This not a review...this is my randomness.

I could not put this book down. It had my undivided attention from beginning to end. Excuse my scatter brain thoughts but I need to get this off my chest. For some reason after finishing The Dark Light of Day, the scene with the words below are stuck in my head on repeat.

To ease your troubles…

WHAT. To ease your troubles? I NOW HATE THAT PHRASE.

To ease your troubles.... REALLY.

photo angrygif2_zps88e4d5dc.gif

Those words will never be the same.

Never sound the same.

Th
Dee Montoya
*****5++ Beautifully Broken Stars*****

You know that feeling of fear mixed with excitement that you get in the pit of your stomach when riding an intense roller coaster? That's exactly how I felt as I read every word in this novel, where beauty and love are found in a really dark place...

photo 0651d5be-94d9-4701-98fb-6208ecd972f0_zps7681a7e1.jpg

This book left me emotionally drained and yet I feel incredibly grateful to have experience such a beautiful story. There were times I had to stop and just cry, but as conflicted as I was feeling I couldn't stop
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
*****5 SHOCKED STARS*****

I just keep shaking my head wondering what to write because I know that I'm not going to get all my emotions I'm feeling through to you. This story hit EVERY fucking nerve I have in my body. I hated, cried, loved, blanched, wanted revenge, swooned - the list just goes on and on.

My heart bled for Abby for the childhood she went through with her parents and then again in foster care. She had a past that is almost IMPOSSIBLE to survive through and she wore the scars on her
Johanna
**~**4 Bee~Tastic Stars**~**
”How could broken plus broken ever equal whole?”

photo image_zps42a07d06.jpg
The Dark Light of Day is a unique dark sinister tale unlike any other it captivates you from the very beginning in the Prologue.

We have Abby AKA Bee. She is just a 17year old scarred, battered, haunted girl that has lived through horrid unfathomable circumstances. Abby’s whole adolescent life has been nothing more than:
Broken bones
Broken hearts
Broken promises

photo image_zpsad831867.jpg

Its not until she is 13, when her circumstances finally
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Debt
  • Cold-Blooded Beautiful (Beautiful, #2)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1)
  • Plausibility
  • Don't Make Me Beautiful
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Damaged and the Knight (Damaged, #2)
  • Flawed (The Butcher, #1)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Wanderlust
  • Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1)
  • Sinister Kisses (SKALS, #1)
T.M. Frazier resides in sunny Southwest Florida with her husband and baby girl.

In the third grade she wrote her very first story about a lost hamster. It earned rave reviews from both her teacher and her parents although her spelling could have (and could still) use some help.

It only took her twenty years to start the next book.

The Dark Light of Day was her debut novel.

Dark Needs is the compani
More about T.M. Frazier...

The Dark Light of Day (2 books)
  • Dark Needs (The Dark Light of Day, #1.5)
Dark Needs (The Dark Light of Day, #1.5) King La Oscuridad del Dia Write for the Fight: A Collection of Seasonal Essays

“We were just us, broken and bruised, fucked-up and messy, and together we were everything we never thought we could be.” 73 likes
“I fell asleep that night in the arms of a killer. I'd never slept better.” 59 likes