Start by marking “Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)” as Want to Read:
Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)

Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  8 reviews
So you think you know Berlin? A grand old dame with a chequered past. A vibrant youthful city with cutting-edge architecture. Germany's political heart and party capital. Want to take another look? Let us guide you through this dynamic city and show you the real Berlin.
Find The Nightlife - whether you're here for the classics or the clubbing, we'll help you find your Szen
Paperback, 5th edition, 346 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Lonely Planet Publications (first published August 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Berlin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berlin

Philip Cherny
This book is a bit outdated (though I think they keep updating it with new versions), but it's really useful if you plan on living in the city for a while. I lived in Berlin for about 4 months and I literally did something new that was recommended in this book every day. And I still didn't even do half the activities covered in it. The authors do a great job on the basic descriptions of the sites and their history.

If you're not visiting for more than a week, it might be a bit overwhelming. I sa
oriana
This definitely did its job, though, as expected, we didn't really take a very tourist-y trip, opting instead to mostly just wander the streets and get advice from people. Some awesome things in here, though; lots of good galleries in particular. The maps are very detailed, but (as always) it's tough to figure out how things connect when you're in the cracks between neighborhoods. Plus one star for listing Kunsthaus Tacheles, the "Sistine Chapel of Graffiti"; minus one for not knowing about Spre ...more
Miss Dior
Tykkäsin. Olen aikaisemmin lukenut Lonely Planetin oppaita maittain. Kaupunkiopas Berliinistä on mielestäni selkeä ja mielenkiintoinen ja todella tarkka. Hyviä ruokapaikkoja ja ei niin tunnettuja nähtävyyksiä löysimme Berliinissä ihan sattumalta: kaupungissa kun joka kulman takana voi odottaa mitä jännittävimpiä yllätyksiä! Silti, Lonely Planetin lukemisen pohjalta kävellessä helposti spottasi oppaassakin mainittuja ruokapaikkoja, joihin oli siis mielenkiintoista tutustua. Kaikinpuolin paras mat ...more
Petra
Lots of useful information, all the info is very well connected with maps, so you can easily find what you need. It would have been better if the U-Bahn plan was depicted inside the travel guide rather than be a part of the map that had to be unfolded each time you wanted to see the plan. Despite the fact that some of the info was already outdated (e.g. opening times of museums), we found the travel guide very useful and would recommend it.
Daniel
Wir haben immer einen Marco Polo Reisefuehrer gekauft. Nach diesem Reisefuehrer wuerde ich keinen anderen mehr kaufen. Meine ersten Befuerchtungen waren die wenigen Fotos. Ich habe beim lesen gemerkt, dass sich Lonley Planet sehr viel mit Details beschaeftigt, die in einem anderen Reisefuehrer fehlen.
Daniel Kukwa
Another winner in the series. This book got me everywhere I wanted to go...and provided all the information necessary to survive a couple of VERY hot days in the German capital. Highly recommended.
Theut
Letto in preparazione al mini viaggio... come sempre, pregi e difetti già conosciuti. Mi sembra decisamente ricca la parte ristoranti & locali.
Sean Billy
Incredibly helpful during my three weeks in Berlin, if only for the maps and clear organization.
Anja Gudic
Anja Gudic marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Bart
Bart marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Ailsa
Ailsa marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Aladdin Ahmed
Aladdin Ahmed marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Sep 23, 2014
Blasco
Blasco marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • Paris
  • Scotland
  • Italy (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Mexico
  • NYC: New York City Guide
  • Brazil (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Peru
  • France (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • USA
  • Costa Rica
  • Travel Photography: A Guide to Taking Better Pictures
  • Japan (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Nepal
  • Turkey
  • Vietnam
  • Storming the Reality Studio: A Casebook of Cyberpunk & Postmodern Science Fiction
  • The File : A Personal History
  • Thailand (Lonely Planet Guide)
Germany Canada (Lonely Planet Guide) California Los Angeles & Southern California California & Nevada (Lonely Planet Guide)