Start by marking “Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)” as Want to Read:
Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)

Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  8 reviews
So you think you know Berlin? A grand old dame with a chequered past. A vibrant youthful city with cutting-edge architecture. Germany's political heart and party capital. Want to take another look? Let us guide you through this dynamic city and show you the real Berlin.
Find The Nightlife - whether you're here for the classics or the clubbing, we'll help you find your Szen
Paperback, 5th edition, 346 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Lonely Planet Publications (first published August 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Berlin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berlin

Philip Cherny
This book is a bit outdated (though I think they keep updating it with new versions), but it's really useful if you plan on living in the city for a while. I lived in Berlin for about 4 months and I literally did something new that was recommended in this book every day. And I still didn't even do half the activities covered in it. The authors do a great job on the basic descriptions of the sites and their history.

If you're not visiting for more than a week, it might be a bit overwhelming. I sa
This definitely did its job, though, as expected, we didn't really take a very tourist-y trip, opting instead to mostly just wander the streets and get advice from people. Some awesome things in here, though; lots of good galleries in particular. The maps are very detailed, but (as always) it's tough to figure out how things connect when you're in the cracks between neighborhoods. Plus one star for listing Kunsthaus Tacheles, the "Sistine Chapel of Graffiti"; minus one for not knowing about Spre ...more
Miss Dior
Tykkäsin. Olen aikaisemmin lukenut Lonely Planetin oppaita maittain. Kaupunkiopas Berliinistä on mielestäni selkeä ja mielenkiintoinen ja todella tarkka. Hyviä ruokapaikkoja ja ei niin tunnettuja nähtävyyksiä löysimme Berliinissä ihan sattumalta: kaupungissa kun joka kulman takana voi odottaa mitä jännittävimpiä yllätyksiä! Silti, Lonely Planetin lukemisen pohjalta kävellessä helposti spottasi oppaassakin mainittuja ruokapaikkoja, joihin oli siis mielenkiintoista tutustua. Kaikinpuolin paras mat ...more
Lots of useful information, all the info is very well connected with maps, so you can easily find what you need. It would have been better if the U-Bahn plan was depicted inside the travel guide rather than be a part of the map that had to be unfolded each time you wanted to see the plan. Despite the fact that some of the info was already outdated (e.g. opening times of museums), we found the travel guide very useful and would recommend it.
Wir haben immer einen Marco Polo Reisefuehrer gekauft. Nach diesem Reisefuehrer wuerde ich keinen anderen mehr kaufen. Meine ersten Befuerchtungen waren die wenigen Fotos. Ich habe beim lesen gemerkt, dass sich Lonley Planet sehr viel mit Details beschaeftigt, die in einem anderen Reisefuehrer fehlen.
Daniel Kukwa
Another winner in the series. This book got me everywhere I wanted to go...and provided all the information necessary to survive a couple of VERY hot days in the German capital. Highly recommended.
Letto in preparazione al mini viaggio... come sempre, pregi e difetti già conosciuti. Mi sembra decisamente ricca la parte ristoranti & locali.
Sean Billy
Incredibly helpful during my three weeks in Berlin, if only for the maps and clear organization.
Luca Galimberti
Luca Galimberti marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Tim added it
Sep 26, 2015
Erika Starkey
Erika Starkey marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Ninez926 marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Wee Cheng
Wee Cheng is currently reading it
May 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Paris
  • Scotland
  • Italy (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • NYC: New York City Guide
  • Mexico
  • France (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Peru
  • England (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • USA
  • V.
  • Japan (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Brazil (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Vietnam
  • Nepal
  • Travel Photography: A Guide to Taking Better Pictures
  • Storming the Reality Studio: A Casebook of Cyberpunk & Postmodern Science Fiction
  • Costa Rica
  • Vietnam

Lonely Planet City Guide (1 - 10 of 134 books)
  • Amesterdão (Lonely Planet City Guide)
  • Amsterdam City Guide
  • Amsterdam City Guide (Lonely Planet City Guide)
  • Amsterdam (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Amsterdam (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Athens (Lonely Planet)
  • Pocket Athens
  • Auckland (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Bangkok (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Bangkok City Guide (Lonely Planet City Guide)