Berlin

Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  7 reviews
So you think you know Berlin? A grand old dame with a chequered past. A vibrant youthful city with cutting-edge architecture. Germany's political heart and party capital. Want to take another look? Let us guide you through this dynamic city and show you the real Berlin.
Find The Nightlife - whether you're here for the classics or the clubbing, we'll help you find your Szen...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Lonely Planet Publications (first published August 1998)

Philip Cherny
This book is a bit outdated (though I think they keep updating it with new versions), but it's really useful if you plan on living in the city for a while. I lived in Berlin for about 4 months and I literally did something new that was recommended in this book every day. And I still didn't even do half the activities covered in it. The authors do a great job on the basic descriptions of the sites and their history.

If you're not visiting for more than a week, it might be a bit overwhelming. I sa...more
oriana
This definitely did its job, though, as expected, we didn't really take a very tourist-y trip, opting instead to mostly just wander the streets and get advice from people. Some awesome things in here, though; lots of good galleries in particular. The maps are very detailed, but (as always) it's tough to figure out how things connect when you're in the cracks between neighborhoods. Plus one star for listing Kunsthaus Tacheles, the "Sistine Chapel of Graffiti"; minus one for not knowing about Spre...more
Petra
Lots of useful information, all the info is very well connected with maps, so you can easily find what you need. It would have been better if the U-Bahn plan was depicted inside the travel guide rather than be a part of the map that had to be unfolded each time you wanted to see the plan. Despite the fact that some of the info was already outdated (e.g. opening times of museums), we found the travel guide very useful and would recommend it.
Daniel
Wir haben immer einen Marco Polo Reisefuehrer gekauft. Nach diesem Reisefuehrer wuerde ich keinen anderen mehr kaufen. Meine ersten Befuerchtungen waren die wenigen Fotos. Ich habe beim lesen gemerkt, dass sich Lonley Planet sehr viel mit Details beschaeftigt, die in einem anderen Reisefuehrer fehlen.
Daniel Kukwa
Another winner in the series. This book got me everywhere I wanted to go...and provided all the information necessary to survive a couple of VERY hot days in the German capital. Highly recommended.
Theut
Letto in preparazione al mini viaggio... come sempre, pregi e difetti già conosciuti. Mi sembra decisamente ricca la parte ristoranti & locali.
Sean Billy
Incredibly helpful during my three weeks in Berlin, if only for the maps and clear organization.
Nine
Nine added it
Jul 16, 2014
Allan
Allan added it
Jul 02, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Monia
Monia added it
Mar 13, 2014
Stijn
Stijn added it
Mar 08, 2014
Sally O'brien
Sally O'brien marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014