Start by marking “Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)

Chaos (Kardia Chronicles #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  523 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
My name is Maggie Raynard. After sixteen years being just plain me, suddenly, when I lose my temper, my fingers become weapons of mass destruction. Turns out I'm a semi-god, descended from Aphrodite. Sounds cool in theory, but when I accidentally put my ex-boyfriend in a coma, things go downhill pretty fast.

Now some new guy named Mac Finnegan has made it his mission in lif
Published August 19th 2013 by Entangled Teen Ember

To ask other readers questions about Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos

nick
Aug 28, 2013 nick rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Read more of my reviews at Nick's Book Blog.

I hadn't read an entertaining YA Paranormal book in some time now which is why the summary for CHAOS piqued my interest. CHAOS was definitely a fun read with a spunky main character, but I did wish that there was more of a plot to it.

Maggie was a fiery main character. While I wouldn't say I connected with her, I did enjoy her. She didn't mince her words and said whatever came to her mind. Her wit and snark were undoubtedly the highlight of CHAOS for me
Larissa
Dec 10, 2013 Larissa rated it it was amazing
CHAOS is a fun new twist on Greek mythology. I adored Maggie's voice. It is extremely current and very teen. Maggie had me laughing out loud numerous times. Mac is a great bad boy--the kind you hate to love.

I didn't feel the romance between Maggie and Mac as much as I would have liked, and some aspects of the world (like the difference between a demi god and a semi god) weren't explained (or explained in an awkward place--like the middle of an action scene). But overall, this was a fresh, fanta
Tiffany Riach
Sep 03, 2013 Tiffany Riach rated it it was amazing
I could not get enough of this book and its great characters. I absolutely love Maggie. I loved her style, her attitude, how she talks and of course her best friends Libby and Bink. Then there is Mac, I had a crush on Mac from the beginning, even though he is a total jerk in the beginning you can't help but like him.

Chaos is original, hilarious and an easy read that I could not get enough of. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

I received a copy of the book in exchange for an hone
Chaos is one of those perfect twist of Greek mythology and modern day. Maggie goes from being a normal high schooler to semi-god in a life changing episode. After she put her ex-boyfriend in a coma, a not so secret watchdog council sends out someone to evaluate if she should be “dealt with”. Maggie being an untrained newbie doesn’t really understand the implications with this and is more concerned about Mac, the hot guy that is messing with her school advice column. It’s not long before things t ...more
Jus Accardo
Aug 15, 2013 Jus Accardo rated it it was amazing
Oh My Gods... O'Neil's voice blew me away. Chaos is original, smart, and full of spunky moment that had me snarfing coffee. I have a new girl-crush and her name is Maggie.
Stephanie Ward
Aug 22, 2013 Stephanie Ward rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

'CHAOS' is the first book in a young adult fantasy series that follows main character Maggie Raynard who suddenly learns that she's a semi-god descended from Aphrodite. When she loses her temper, things go horribly wrong - especially when she accidentally puts her ex into a coma. Enter the mysterious and handsome new guy named Mac Finnegan. He's continually on Maggie's nerves and definitely knows how to push her buttons. So on top of leading a normal teenager's life with school, friends
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 03, 2013 Sofia Lazaridou rated it really liked it
I will start saying that when Maggie gets mad her powers are unleashing. Just like Jacob who becomes a wolf when he gets mad. I liked the chemistry Mac and Maggie had. The characters where all great. Her friends were supportive, understanding and the kind of friends I would like to have. There is a teacher who is all about the rules and Mac who is the perfect hero for a YA paranormal novel. Maggie is not pissing me off but she is also not my favorite person. Libby is. I ship Bink and Libby.

I rea
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Sep 07, 2013 Hazel (Stay Bookish) rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Stay Bookish

Maggie's nemesis, Mac Finnegan, is extremely hot. Great physique, beautiful face, a holy-mother-of-god smile, charming gray eyes and an Irish accent to match- Mac is totally a dream boat. Add in that mysterious yet confident vibe he's got going on to those dashing good looks, he could have easily been my favorite character. But no, he isn't. I gotta say- it was Maggie's character I enjoyed most.

Maggie, the main protagonist, despite being the usual angsty teenage
Richa
Aug 26, 2013 Richa rated it liked it
Shelves: won, arc, for-review
Originally posted at City of Books

When I found out that Chaos is rooted in Greek mythology, I flipped out. I love anything with Greek mythology! I really liked Christine's take on the concept. It's different and unique, and that made it all the more intriguing to me. The writing style also really appealed to me - I actually felt like Maggie was talking to me instead of narrating her story.

Maggie knows she's descended from Aphrodite, but almost nothing else about herself and her powers. She has n
♥ Sarah
Chaos was your garden variety YA "tween" romance read, but with added sprinkles of Greek mythology to quench your appetite for some "awesome-sauce" PNR. Well, that and the protagonist, Maggie: she was her own flavor, spice, and dish – she was the main entrée, the essential ingredient, which ultimately made this whole story so easy to read and enjoy.

Again, I repeat: I loved Maggie. I loved the way she spoke with so much spunk, attitude, and honesty. I loved that even though she was "tough" on th
Tamis
Jun 07, 2014 Tamis rated it liked it
Que puedo decir del libro, tenia un muy buen argumento mas sin embargo el libro se puso bueno hasta casi la mitad del libro un poco mas de las mitad y fue un poco aburrido todo el principio.

Otra cosa es que no sentí esa química entre los personajes casi fue inexistente, ademas la protagonista lo que mas se nota en el primer instante que la vez es que es mas terca que nada y créanme te llega a sacar canas verde derrepente.

El final fue pues lindo y nada mas.
 Leelan  ❤
May 14, 2014 Leelan ❤ rated it really liked it
Este libro me gusto mucho mas de lo que creí :)

Creo que es entretenido y para pasar el rato esta perfecto, me gusta que la relacion entre Mac y Maggie no fuera instantanea y que se fuera dando de a poco, tambien la cosa de semi dioses y lo que pueden hacer, los dorados y todo eso se me hizo interesante :)

(view spoiler)
Natalia Paez
Apr 01, 2016 Natalia Paez rated it liked it
My rating for this book is 3.4 stars.

Resulta que poco me llamo la atención el libro, pues la portada era poco llamativa y la sinopsis no me inspiraba para leer el libro, pero lo hice. Me demore bastante a mi parecer leyendolo porque no le dedicaba tiempo, resulta que a mi me gusta y tengo la habilidad de leer dos libros al mismo tiempo, pero este libro era tan aburrido al principio que preferia dejarlo de lado para leer el otro libro.

¿Que puedo decir? Maggie (o Magpie como le decian) y Mac son s
Sandra
2.5 en realidad. Es un libro raro, mucho. Hay ciertas partes que sí me han gustado, pero otras... para mí ha sido lentísimo. Y el amor... bueno, hay muy poco y me esperaba más. También ha habido cosas que no me he enterado, así que espero que el segundo sea mejor.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Very entertaining and thrilling YA story. Once finished it felt like it's setting up for some major things to happen in the coming book(s) for Mag's and Mac. Full review to follow soon for the blog tour.
The Book Beacon
Dec 22, 2013 The Book Beacon rated it really liked it
Maggie Raynard's life is anything but that of an average high school junior - In fact she's a semi-god, with a powerful (and dangerous) energy force. When provoked, Maggie's energy has all the grace of a biblical plague, a la obliterating the focus of that energy. Though Maggie has a matriarchal heritage of semi gods in her family, she has just become privy to this family history, as her mother and grandmother chose to bind their powers and hide their past.

Enter Mac Finnegan, super hot new guy a
Zareena (The Slanted Bookshelf)
The main reason Chaos drew me in was the premise of mythology because I'm always up for it. Maggie recently found out she is a descendent from Aphrodite and is therefore called a semi (like semi-god). However, she doesn't have cool, kick-ass powers but instead has to contain her powers for fear of hurting those around her as they're really destructive. Then Mac shows up, determined to piss her off to the end of times. It turns out he's actually also a semi and was sent by The Council; he's been ...more
Shirley Frances
I'm not a huge fan of mythology, but I do find it interesting. Pair it up with a feisty heroine and I was instantly drawn to this book. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was pretty good.

At first, Maggie was hard for me to like. She came across as self-centered and as a mother myself I didn't appreciate the way she sometimes treated her mother. Thankfully, as the story progress, Maggie opened up more and I came to dislike her less. I admired the fact that she was strong-willed and treated he
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Sep 27, 2013 Eleanor (The Book Hammock) rated it really liked it
Greek mythology seems to be the new vampire. And you know what? I’m fine with it. It’s interesting, it’s around us and it’s romantic (not necessarily “swoon” romantic.)Maggie Raynard lived a normal life with her parents and grandmother for 16 years. When she was a girl her father died. When she turned 16, her bloodline of semi-gods descendants of Aphrodite started manifesting her hidden powers. Most dangerous of them is: her hands can kill you if she’s angry, stressed or any other type of negat ...more
Ursula
Sep 04, 2013 Ursula rated it really liked it
Where do I even start? I loved this book. I was so eager to get my hands on it and when I did I was so happy. I am a freak for anything containing Mythology. So I eagerly dove into this book all while hoping I wouldn’t be disappointed like I have been so many times in the past. It started out kind of slow. We got to know Maggie and her two besties. Got a little of the family dynamic and knew something major had happened between Maggie and her ex-boyfriend that put him in a coma.

So this book was
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
For this review & more, visit Such A Novel Idea.

Why You Should Buy It

A fresh twist on an ancient story, Chaos will make you laugh, tear up, and fall in love with this descendant of the goddess of love herself.

My Thoughts

*I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review via the author/publisher.*

I may sound like a broken record, but I will say it again — I.LOVE.GREEK.MYTHOLOGY. I especially love when they are folded into a contemporary story. I’m pretty big on the Persephone/Hades love
Tracey (YA Book Addict)
Sep 07, 2013 Tracey (YA Book Addict) rated it it was amazing
I don't know what I imagined dying would feel like, but it definitely wasn't this. No life flashing before my eyes. No sweet fond memories of my childhood. Not even regrets. Just...nothing.

The book description for Chaos pretty much sums up perfectly what the book is about, so I'm not going to go into too much detail and rehash things too much, I'll just jump straight into my thoughts.

Maggie Raynard has got spunk!! Being inside her head guaranteed that there was never a dull moment throughout
Diane Lynch
Sep 05, 2013 Diane Lynch rated it it was amazing
4 of 5 Stars

Maggie Raynard is not a normal teenage girl. She is a semi-god, descended from Aphrodite, the goddess of love. You would think that wouldn’t be bad thing, except for a lot of semi-gods receive negative powers. In her case, they are like succubus sucking the love from things or people. Unfortunately, for Maggie, she didn’t know about her heritage, and she started to get her powers early putting her boyfriend Eric in a coma.

To make matters worse there is a new guy at school named Mac
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Aug 28, 2013 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it really liked it
Shelves: entangled-teen
Chaos Review on K-Books

Right from the moment I first heard of Chaos I really couldn't wait to read it. I a huge fan of Entangled Teen books and have loved pretty much every single one I have read to date so that was enough for me to want to read this book. The bonus? when I read "Turns out I'm a semi-god, descended from Aphrodite." I just about squealed. I am such a huge fan of mythology and I adore mythology in novels, particularly greek mythology, so it turned Chaos into a want to read into a
Jessica (Taking It One Book at a Time)
Yes, Yes, Yes!

CHAOS was the perfect marriage of hot, adventure, and smart ass remarks to make me devour it in 24 hours.

Where to start....I would say Mac, but trust me that little complicated morsel will have his time.....so how about Maggie.

As a whole she is such a perfectly broken mess, that I couldn't help but want to be her friend. Despite all the shit she's gone through, and all the uphill battles she's facing, she manages to keep her humor.Which to me is a great mask to have, because when
Sharon
Sep 14, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it
Review: 3 out of 5 stars

Chaos is the first book in the Kardia Chronicles by Christine O’Neil and was a nice start to the series.

Our protagonist is sixteen-year old Maggie Raynard who has the unusual ability to use her fingers as weapons of mass destruction when she is angry; she is a semi-god, a distant descendant from the Greek goddess Aphrodite. Maggie is clueless about her powers and how to control them but knows first-hand the damage she can cause after putting her ex-boyfriend in a coma.

Ma
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Chaos is one wild ride in the fantasy world. I just want MORE...

Maggie wants to be a normal girl, which is so not possible, because she is the descendant of Goddess Aphrodite. But, it is seriously not cool, because she doesn't know how to control her energy and already her ex-boyfriend is in a coma, because of her. All Maggie wants is the world to leave her alone. But, then comes Mac Finnegan, who makes his life's goal to make Maggie miserable. Maggie wavers between lust and anger every time the
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Here is a little secret about me most of you might not know, I am a sucker for a snarky, witty, fiesty, kick butt heroine (or hero, I'm not picky) and that is exactly what I got in Maggie. Through in some mythology and you have my dream book. Can I just say I love Maggie now and call it good with this review? No? Are you sure?

Okay, maybe that isn't enough to portray how great and fun this read was so I 'll be good and make this longer, after all, I am pretty sure the publisher is looking for a l
Kate (VerbVixen)
Sep 13, 2013 Kate (VerbVixen) rated it liked it
Chaos- Christine O’Neil

I really enjoyed Chaos by Christine O’Neil. The semi-god plot plays well into my love of mythology while the romance was a bit Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy and who doesn’t love that trope?! I like how much time we spent getting to know and engage with the complexities of Maggie. The friendships in this book with Bink and Libby stand out almost as much as the romance with Mac does and I’m grateful for that balance. Love in all its various forms is the glue that holds thi
Barb Lie
Aug 26, 2013 Barb Lie rated it really liked it
Chaos by Christine O’Neil is the first book in her new YA Kardia Chronicles series. Our heroine in this story is Maggie Raynard, who is 16 and has recently discovered that much of her life has been built on a lie. A boy lies in a coma, because one night she became angry and lost control of herself, using powers she never knew she had. Her mother and grandmother have kept this secret for years, as she awaits her next birthday, where her powers will become full force. She must learn to control tho ...more
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
  • Salt (Salt, #1)
  • Visited
  • The Fallen Prince (Keepers of Life, #2)
  • Ward Against Darkness (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #2)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Everlost (Night Watchmen, #3)
  • Relic
  • Gift
  • Bittersweet Blood (The Order, #1)
  • Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)
  • Life, Love, & Lemons
  • Burn with Me (Fireborne, #1)
  • Atone: A Fairytale
  • Alpha Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #7)
  • Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
Christine O'Neil was born and raised in Connecticut, where she spent most of her childhood outdoors catching salamanders, frogs and colds. When she wasn't terrorizing Mother Nature, she was curled up under the covers with her nose in a book. As an adult, she's stopped stalking amphibians, but still loves books. When she isn't reading, she likes to spend her time people-watching. In fact, she's pro ...more
More about Christine O'Neil...

Kardia Chronicles (3 books)
  • Control (Kardia Chronicles, #2)
  • Clarity (Kardia Chronicles, #3)

“So maybe he'd teach me, train me, and I would fall a little more in love with him every day and then he'd leave anyway. Or maybe not. Either way, I'd take it, though. I'd take him for as long as I could get him and worry about the rest when it came.” 2 likes
“I turned around, still trying to catch my breath, and there he was, strolling by, a cocky grin splitting his sinfully beautiful face.

Mac Finnegan, who had decided that being the new kid wasn't bad enough, so he had to actively go out of his way to make enemies. Mac Finnegan, who wanted to turn my world upside down rather than minding his own business. Mac Finnegan, who didn't know the meaning of live and let live.

Mac Finnegan, who clearly had no idea who he was fucking with.”
0 likes