Start by marking “The Ensign - August 2013” as Want to Read:
The Ensign - August 2013

The Ensign - August 2013 (The Ensign Magazine)

The Ensign of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is an English-language magazine for adults.
84 pages
Published August 1st 2013 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

To ask other readers questions about The Ensign - August 2013, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ensign - August 2013

Cheri
Aug 15, 2013 Cheri rated it it was amazing
There are some great articles, in this issue. One article that spoke to my heart was: Move Forward in Faith, one of my favorites quotes from this article:
“What do you do when you have prepared carefully, have prayed fervently, waited a reasonable time for a response, and still do not feel an answer? You may want to express thanks when that occurs, for it is an evidence of [Heavenly Father’s] trust. When you are living worthily and your choice is consistent with the Savior’s teachings and you ne
Janell
Sep 08, 2013 Janell rated it it was amazing
Favorite articles:

"No Corrupt Communication" pg. 35 - This article on sarcasm was so interesting. Its something I'm trying to eliminate in my speech so it was really helpful. The Greek root for sarcasm is sarkazein which means "to tear flesh like dogs" while the "dictionary defines sarcasm as irony designed to "give pain." Really makes you stop and think! The reader was encouraged to increase positive communication rather than falling into the trap of sarcasm.

"World Without Number" pg. 41 - Wond
Derrill Watson
Sep 29, 2013 Derrill Watson rated it it was amazing
I want to particularly recommend this August's Ensign articles. Elder Oaks' and Elder Kearn's words on receiving personal revelation, the story of a person who read The Book of Mormon faithfully, daily for years even though his dyslexia made all the words appear as gibberish, and several other life experiences touched me deeply. When I read "No Corrupt Communication" about sarcasm, it was a call for me to repent of some harsh things I had been feeling and saying. Acting quickly on that prompting ...more
Tanya
Aug 18, 2013 Tanya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
This was the best edition of the The Ensign put out in a long time - I absolutely loved the various articles about receiving revelation. My favorite was Elder Mervyn B. Arnold's "A New Writing," which applied the words the Nephites read on the Liahona in a way I had never before considered. Inspiring!
Lori
Aug 24, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
Loved the mother duck and $10 story this month! Both spoke to my heart.
Alice
Sep 29, 2013 Alice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
What a great issue with excellent articles on receiving personal revelation: "In His Own Time, In His Own Way," "A New Writing," and "Opening Our Hearts to Revelation." Also, anyone who teaches in the Church should read: "Great Questions, Great Discussions."

I'm always behind in my Ensign reading, but I am learning the articles are just as good and inspiring when read late, so don't worry about it and read whenever you get to it!
Abby
Oct 08, 2013 Abby rated it really liked it
Great issue as always. It had a good article about how to be an effective teacher, very pertinent to me. I liked the tips on studying the scriptures which I will implement in 2014.
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2013
Crystal Collier
Crystal Collier rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2013
Lavona
Lavona rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2013
JoAnn
JoAnn rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2013
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2013
Louise Pledge
Louise Pledge rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
Amanda Packer
Aug 19, 2013 Amanda Packer rated it it was amazing
Love the Ensign every month it always seems to have articles that I need to hear!
Nathan
Nathan rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2013
Kathi Van
Kathi Van rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2013
James P.
James P. rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2013
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2013
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
April Jacob
April Jacob rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2013
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
Violet O
Violet O rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2013
Jeffrey Johnson
Jeffrey Johnson rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013
Jason Tubbs
Jason Tubbs rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2013
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2013

The Ensign Magazine (1 - 10 of 78 books)
  • The Ensign - May 2001