Start by marking “Felidae on the road” as Want to Read:
Felidae on the road

Felidae on the road (Felidae #2)

Published June 5th 1995 by Fourth Estate (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Felidae on the road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Felidae on the road

Noria
Nov 20, 2009 Noria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, suspense, deutsch
I must've read the first novel in this series featuring the cat detective Francis about 18 years ago and although it was quite brutal, I enjoyed it.

Finally I came to read the second novel and enjoyed the author's writing style again and managed to keep my lively imagination less lively when I came to the passages of violence and brutality.

The different groups involved in this book's crime are really fascinating and Francis conflict between a live as a free cat in the wild and a pampered live wit
Rebecca McNutt
It was so great to read this sequel and to see Francis' adventures continue; the writing was just as good as the first novel in the series and Francis was still just as intelligent and witty as ever.
Cherie Waggie
Jun 09, 2012 Cherie Waggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting approach to mystery. It was fun to read and I loved the uniqueness of the idea. I actually don't remember how long ago I read this book so I'll just put it down as now because the book has been in storage. Anyone who loves cat stories, and/or cats, and mysteries will appreciate this book. I think even those who don't like cats will appreciate this unique point of view.
.Margaret.
Nov 19, 2016 .Margaret. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-czech
I love Francis. This book made me think more about the world i'm living in. Great one, i really enjoyed it :)
Faith
I didn't spot any major flaws in the book, but the premise a bit boring, and the payoff not at all worth it.

(view spoiler)

I also felt that the ending was a tad rushed and the author was just trying to incorporate so many issues into one book.
Cessa
Jul 14, 2012 Cessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: krimi
Ich fand den zweiten Teil der Felidae Reihe im großen und ganzen gut. Auch war es ein guter Nachfolger zum ersten Teil. Die teilweise recht plastische Schilderung der Grausamkeiten auf Francis' Weg und seine coolen Sprüche fand ich wieder mal sehr gelungen. Lediglich einige abgedrehte Szenen (Träume/Visionen) emdpand ich als etwas zuviel des Guten.

Ich weiß nicht ob ich es nochmal lesen würde, aber innerhalb der Felidae Reihe ein passabler zweiter Teil
Lina
Sep 15, 2012 Lina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diesmal is Francis der Klugscheißer von Zuhause ausgerissen und landet auf dem land und in Wäldern. Auch dort gibt es Mörder wie er feststellen muss und seine Detektiv-arbeit beginnt wiedereinmal mit einem spannenden Fall ;)

Ich fand es schon recht gut und spannend, nur hat es sich ab und zu etwas langgezogen, haha.
Besonders gut gefällt mir (das war auch im ersten Buch so), dass da viel auf Tierquälerei eingegangen wird und dass der Mensch Natur und Tierarten zerstört...
Dale
Jul 22, 2012 Dale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book I've read written from the perspective of a cat. While I applaud this approach, at times this feline who-dunnit is a bit graphic, especially for a cat lover like myself. Also it seems that the author attempts to solve too many big issues, especially toward the end of the book. Nonetheless, glad I read this quirky book.
sabisteb
Mar 18, 2011 sabisteb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hörbücher
Das zweite Felidae Hörbuch mit Joachim Witt als Sprecher. Muss ich dazu nach was sagen?! Ich liebe es wegen Joachim Witts Stimme. Die Geschihte ist spannend und ich habe sie gerne angehört, nicht zuletzt wegen Joachim Witts Stimme. Ich hätte so gerne mehr Hörbücher mit diesem Sprecher.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
What once was funny and intriguing in the first part, now turned annoying. The freshness of what is Akif Pirincci's writing style does not change the fact that Francis' voice now is annoying and boring.
I couldn't finish this book. Huge disappointment.
Celebandùne
Dec 18, 2015 Celebandùne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
8/10

(I don't own this book, I own it in its combined version with Felidae, but there is no way to rate them separately!)
Vixenfur
Kelsey
Jul 14, 2008 Kelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book for a while when it first came out. A great fun novel of "cats and murder."
Charlie Long
Charlie Long rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2013
Jule
Jule rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2009
Blindnascarfan
Blindnascarfan rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Echiwolf
Echiwolf rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2012
Lisa Hofmann
Lisa Hofmann rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Eva Hartmann
Eva Hartmann rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
DummerFuchs
DummerFuchs rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Fehli
Fehli rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
May 15, 2012
Qantaqa
Qantaqa rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2010
Cloe
Cloe rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Iridie
Iridie rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Anika
Anika rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2011
Vaughan
Vaughan rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
  • Schmitz' Katze
  • The Secret Portrait (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #1)
  • Lilith (Uralte Metropole, #2)
  • Movies In Fifteen Minutes: The Ten Biggest Movies Ever For People Who Can't Be Bothered
  • The Golden Cat (The Wild Road #2)
  • Der weiße Neger Wumbaba: Kleines Handbuch des Verhörens
  • Wolfsaga
  • Star Struck (Kate Brannigan, #6)
  • Under World (Dalziel & Pascoe, #10)
  • Mutmassungen über Jakob
  • Mordshunger
  • The Last Man Alive
  • Der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod: Noch mehr Neues aus dem Irrgarten der deutschen Sprache (Der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod, #3)
  • Catfantastic
  • The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat
  • Pawprints (Pawprints,  #1)
  • The Repossession Mambo
  • Tails of Wonder and Imagination
Akif Pirinçci (pronunciation: [piːʁɪntʃi]) is a German writer of Turkish origin who is best known internationally for his novel Felidae.

Pirinçci was born on the 20th October 1959 in Istanbul, Turkey, but emigrated to Germany together with his parents in 1969. He began to write fiction at a young age, and published his first novel Tränen sind immer das Ende (literally, "tears always are the end") i
More about Akif Pirinçci...

Felidae (8 books)
  • Felidae (Felidae, #1)
  • Cave Canem (Felidae, #3)
  • Das Duell (Felidae, #4)
  • Salve Roma! (Felidae, #5)
  • Schandtat (Felidae, #6)
  • Felipolis (Felidae, #7)
  • Göttergleich (Felidae, #8)