Start by marking “The Sanguine Engine” as Want to Read:
The Sanguine Engine

The Sanguine Engine

It is such a bother when you get a vampire infestation in your basement. What traps do you even set for that?

Originally posted at Shousetsu Bang*Bang Volume 7, Issue 29

Words: 8,652
Published February 19th 2011 by AO3

To ask other readers questions about The Sanguine Engine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sanguine Engine

Sheziss
Amusing. Lovely. Cute.

Nicholas finds a vampire in his basement. The vampire needs blood. So he invents a blood machine with the help of a witch.

"Looking better, Bill! Glad to see you've chosen to stay with us. This is Violet, and she might be able to help you."

He pushed himself back in his seat, sprawling a little. "How can she help me? Make a donation, perhaps?" He looked at her hungrily with a smirk on his lips, and Nicholas was highly dismayed to hear Violet giggle next to him.

Quirky and fu
Meep
May 11, 2016 Meep rated it it was amazing
Domashita is a favourite and I enjoyed this quirky little story, I think though that reading her later works has spoiled me, on re-read I wanted more from it, it wasn't quite enough and I'd probably rate it lower.

A romance novel loving Vampire named Bill, a magical contraption and a timely shout of 'TEETH' there's plenty to amuse.
Ami
OMG ... this story is just so lovely (and it feels complete, even if it's only 8k).

Nicholas finds a vampire named Bill, in his basement. Bill is just one adorable vampire. He's so polite -- he cries when he reads romance novels *awwww*. I enjoyed the attempts that Nicholas and his arcanist friend, Violet, do to make an artifical blood for Bill. I enjoy the banter between the three -- and the little sex between Nicholas and Bill near the end is fun too!

...

""Teeth!!" Nicholas yelped at that very
Nina
Another really, really nice story by Domashita Romero - though not one of her best.

The atmosphere is lovely, warm, inviting and very visual, but the time and place in which the story is set are not defined; however, that could very well be intentional.
What bothered me is that this story is really short, and the problem is not that it's so good that I wanted more - it's that there was not nearly enough development. DR can always characterise her MCs perfectly in just a couple paragraphs - that's
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Jax
Jax rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Ja-paige
Ja-paige rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Aliona
Aliona rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Shukyou Shukyou
Shukyou Shukyou rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Camille
Cute.
Bobbi Parkinson
Bobbi Parkinson rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2013
Acki
Acki rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Seeilin
Seeilin rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
BTina
BTina rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Mayday (m.i.d.e)
Mayday (m.i.d.e) marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Vio
Vio added it
Aug 02, 2013
Deeze
Deeze added it
Aug 02, 2013
Loederkoningin
Loederkoningin marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Maygirl7
Maygirl7 marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Lena♥Ribka
Lena♥Ribka marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
julio
julio marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Narryftziall
Narryftziall marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Daniel Aung
Daniel Aung marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Miko (kimosumiko)
Miko (kimosumiko) marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Barackmag
Barackmag marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Saskie-
Saskie- marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Sofia
Sofia marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
6471957
Domashita Romero is a writer living in Brooklyn, New York. She is co-editor and frequent contributor to Shousetsu Bang*Bang. She enjoys writing about people smooching, reading books about corpses, and inventing cocktails. She can and will, if prompted, talk for a very long time about Tom Waits. She also co-hosts the podcast I Haven't Seen That.
More about Domashita Romero...