Start by marking “Murder by Artifact: The Mystery Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Murder by Artifact: The Mystery Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #2)

Murder by Artifact: The Mystery Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Miniseries: A Quilted Mystery
Category: Mystery
Paperback
Published August 2013 by Worldwide Library Worldwide Mystery (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Murder by Artifact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder by Artifact

Susan
Small-county sheriff Tony Abernathy is mildly concerned with the theft of lawn ornaments plaguing his town when he starts to receive anonymous letters that may be connected with some old bones recently found. What he finds out about the letters shocks him, but he doesn't have tine to work on that case long before a more current murder occurs, a murder that takes a bizarre and revealing new turn at the victim's funeral. Meanwhile, Tony's wife, quilt shop owner Theo, is disturbed by the friendly a ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
A fun mystery about a small town. County sheriff Tony Abernathy is mildly concerned about the theft of lawn ornaments. When he starts to recieve anonymous letters about some old bones, recently found. What he finds out about the letters shocks him. But than another murder occurs. Mean while , Tony,s wife, Theo is disturbed by the friendly advances of a high school acquaintance, a women who seems to be privy to a joke. That Theo doesn,t understand.
Patty
I really enjoyed this book. I picked it up based on recommendations from DorothyL and the fact that the author lives in Wyoming, which is right next door. I'll admit I was expecting a series set in this area (lots of quilters here) but I'm okay with the Smokey Mountains.

Tony Abernathy is the Sheriff and Theo is his wife. He works on the crimes and she does the quilting. When the two collide, murder becomes tightly entangled with their life on an all too personal level.

There were plenty of twists
Lisa
The 3 stars are an average. I would have given the story and writing style 1 star, but a "mystery" quilt pattern was included in the book, unbeknownst to me! I decided to give the quilt a try and it turned out great, very easy and fast, like 1 day fast. For that, it would have received 5 stars, but the story was abysmal.

Back story...the main character is a quilter and her husband is the police chief. He is asking questions of a suspect and wants to know why the suspect was out of town. She says,
Linda Smatzny
This is the second book in the Quilted Mystery series. In this book,Sheriff Tony Abernathy, is trying to solve several different cases. One case ends up having his wife kidnapped and left for dead before Tony finds her and sets a trap to catch the murderer. This book is really about Tony & his work. Theo who owns a quilt shop is not the main focus. Easy read.
Maggie
Quilter Theo and her sheriff husband Tony are initially stumped by the death of the mayor's unpopular wife. As they work out the details, a chilling picture forms and the killer comes after Theo. This delightful cozy is set in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Author Barbara Graham has captured the essence of a small town, a good cop, and an unsinkable sleuth.
Lynda
I tried really hard to like this book but it was no use. It had a good premise - small town policeman married to a quilter in charge of a small local museum (sounds like a takeoff on the Bennie Harper series by Earlene Fowler). There were too many silly characters and situations to allow the reader to care about the murder. Not worth the time reading.
Jan
A small Tennessee town has a nice quilt shop. The owner, Theo is married to the Sheriff. Theo had found a skeleton in the park, but no one new who was missing.
Sheriff gets odd msgs start to arrive at the Sheriffs department, the msg there is more! And off the mystery goes, who is dead, where are they and who dun it.

Mascanlon
In Graham's quirky second quilting mystery to feature Sheriff Marc Antony Tony Abernathy (after 2007's Murder by Serpents), what appears to be the stabbed corpse of Queen Doreen, the despised wife of the mayor of Silersville, Tenn., turns up under a murder quilt (an antique quilt with bloodstains
Leslie
Quick read, fun concept. Loved the references to places and things I am so fammiliar with
Barb
A fun cozy mystery with characters you could meet in many small towns!
Valerie

As always, another great Shelton story!!
Arlene
Arlene marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Katie Higgins
Katie Higgins marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Deborah Bolin
Deborah Bolin is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I grew up in the Texas Panhandle, except for a time while my dad was in the Navy and we lived in San Diego and Pearl Harbor. After college, in Denver, having been convinced by a professor that writing was not something I ought to pursue, I decided on a whim to move to New Orleans. Later I moved to East Tennessee to see what that was like. During those years I worked in the travel industry. After m ...more
More about Barbara Graham...

Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery (6 books)
  • Murder by Serpents: The Murder Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #1)
  • Murder by Music: The Wedding Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #3)
  • Murder by Vegetable: The Baby Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #4)
  • Murder by Sunlight the Charity Quilt
  • Murder by Gravity: The Coffin Quilt
Murder by Serpents: The Murder Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #1) Murder by Vegetable: The Baby Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #4) Murder by Music: The Wedding Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #3) Murder by Sunlight the Charity Quilt Murder by Gravity (A Quilted Mystery)