Start by marking “Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)

Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,792 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Nothing seems beyond a doubt when Bree opens a cold-case file with clues too close for comfort.

Arson. Theft. Murder. When Bree Nicholls discovers a corpse in her own basement, a whirlwind investigation ushers an unbidden danger to all she holds dear. Without safe haven in her lighthouse home—or in the arms of a new love—the young widow struggles to free her family from the
Paperback
Published August 2013 by Love Inspired (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond a Doubt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond a Doubt

DK Hoffman
May 09, 2014 DK Hoffman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awful-books
The mystery in this novel was intriguing and that's the only thing that kept me reading it. I really had trouble with the main character - she was as dense as a box of rocks. I really have a hard time enjoying the book when I have so little respect for the character's intelligence.

I also wish that "bible thumper" authors would label their books as such. I wouldn't have bought it, if I had known ahead of time. Every other page crams Christian religion down the reader's throat. I wish the author w
Victor Gentile
Jul 03, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colleen Coble in her new book “Beyond A Doubt” Book Two in the Rock Harbor series published by Thomas Nelson gives us another adventure with Bree Matthews and Samson, her search-and-rescue dog.

From the back cover: Evidence of a violent crime in Bree’s basement causes police to re-open a cold case. Can she and her K-9 search dog, Samson, stop the killer before he strikes again?

Bree Nicholls has made a name for herself finding missing persons and solving mysteries in the untamed wilderness of Mich
TaylorZuv
Jun 22, 2016 TaylorZuv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing! Beyond A Doubt really contains all the suspense you could ever think of! It brings through the power of friendship and not giving up. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes suspenseful books and mysteries.
Monica
Feb 03, 2014 Monica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I struggle with Colleen Coble's books and am about ready to give up on them. They have great story lines, plot twists, relationships, but the books fall apart. I can't believe they get published. With this series, I can't get myself to care for the people. I was 20 pages from being done and abandoned it for something else because I really didn't care how it ended. Sad. I think there is a great premise here, but I get confused on if Rock Harbor is a small town or big city. Why do we have characte ...more
joyce lynn
Sep 03, 2007 joyce lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! w/ each of her books that i read, she just keeps getting better and better and ...

i am SO glad that i started this one over a holiday wk/end so that i had more chance to read it. i STILL should have been doing housework or something, BUT ...

again, WOW!!! this book was just SO good, and again, i never did have an inkling of "whodunit" til near the very end. i was thinking someone else as usual!

can't wait to start # 3 of this series!!!
Elaine
Feb 17, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story about the Rock Harbor, MI area and the people that live there. There were murders, old and new, that get solved. I had to keep reading to see who did it and to see how the relationships develop. I have to read the next in the series as this one ended too soon. I really want to go visit Rock Harbor and meet these people...
Jessica
Feb 19, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing mystery set in small-town America! I LOVED the second in this series as much as the first. I am beginning the third immediately. I cannot get enough of Colleen Coble. I have definitely found a new favorite author!!!!! I recommend this to all my friends and family.
Tammy
Like a few others have mentioned, I had no idea this was the second book in a series. I got about half way through it before I decided it wasn't worth it to keep reading. For me, it was the kind of book I could easily put down and dread picking up again. I know it's not the author because I loved another of her books. I'm not sure if I didn't like it because I didn't read the first. It hinted at a few things that happened in book 1 but I still felt lost.
Brittany
Apr 01, 2016 Brittany rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I really struggled to get through this book. For me, everything jumped around way too much. One minute this, one minute that. One character also got pregnant even though she wasn't married. The romance wasn't mushy, but really annoying. It seemed like one chapter was 'I like you' and the next chapter ' I don't like you.' I really wanted to like this book, but I simply didn't.
Laurie Blacker
OK, Bree's a Christian. We get it. Like the previous book in this series, I wanted so much to like it more. Good storyline, good characters, and a good mystery. But really, do we have to get beat in the head over and over and over about the fact that the characters are Christian? Or that they have strong faith? We get it. Really.
Ronda  Tutt
Oct 18, 2009 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in this series - I am so hooked and can't wait to get into the next book to continue to find out where Bree, her son, the competion between Kade and Nick over Bree, and her search and rescue dog Samson lives lead to within the next mystery.
Kelli
Jul 11, 2008 Kelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darn it all, now I need to read the next one! hehehe.

I am a huge Colleen Coble fan, I happened upon one of her books last year at Barnes & Noble and thought "sure why not, it'll get me through the week" and it turns out I loved it!

Leola
Dec 27, 2013 Leola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is in the Rock Harbor Series and I read it out of sequence. Regardless, it is a great edge-of-your-seat book. I love Colleen Coble's ability to weave suspense and romance. If you like the two, you'll love this book, or any of Colleen Coble's books.
Linda Pierce
Oct 15, 2013 Linda Pierce rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not many times in my reading do I simple put a book down, but this was one time - The book contained too many characters to keep up with. I usually read a book within 3 days, I've been on this book over a week and haven't made to to the halfway point - Staring a new one now!!
Jenny
The thing that makes me really like this series is also the thing that annoys me...
Christian authors have a tricky line on which to balance...It is great that they avoid the swearing and gratuitous details that many feel constitute a love scene, and Colleen Coble doesn't disappoint in that respect. But to weave God and Christian beliefs into the story line is tricky. It either comes across as pushy or out of place if it isn't done right, and frankly, in this series that is the problem. I love th
Sheryl
Sep 15, 2016 Sheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book in the Rock Harbor series. Bree and Kade find a dead body in her basement wall which starts a whole new mystery. Another man, Nick, wants to be part of her life so the tension between Bree and Kade cause problems and misunderstandings. Davy tends to Bond with Nick, he apparently looks similar to his dad. Break ins at some cabins, Kade's sister finds picture of Bree and Anu in one of the cabins and fears for their safety. More intrigue and suspense. Another great mystery. I w ...more
Bookbureader
This book was very frustrating for me, mainly because of the religious aspect. I generally do not have any issue at all reading about religious characters but this story was so over the top, crammed with it with every turn. I enjoyed the first book quite a bit and felt fine with the main character reconciling her faith but I didn't expect this.

This is a murder/mystery series revolving around the widowed Bree and her search and rescue team. The plot was really well written and really kept me gues
Phoebe
This was OK-- again, very simplistic and the amount of plot information that is attempted / crammed into a two page section of a chapter is ridiculous. It makes it so that things are solved WAY too simplistically, as well as reduces the actual character development. Bree is supposedly a smart K9 rescue search professional, but she purposely puts herself in these situations that someone like her would know better to get in. Her waffling over men is ridiculous. The side characters which are purpos ...more
Kathryn
May 16, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judy
Apr 10, 2016 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Book Two in a 6 series story. I did not realize that when I began reading this book. I really did enjoy reading this book. I found the first book of the series to be so boring and moved so slowly. This book was much better and kept my interest. I want to read the next book in the series and found out there are 6 books in this series. I found the 5th book in the series from a friend. Unfortunately these books are NOT in public libraries. I looked at a few. I will skip to the 5th book and ...more
Dorothy Timm
Dec 03, 2016 Dorothy Timm rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No doubt my review would have been at least a little better if I'd read the whole series. However, this is definitely not a stand-alone book. Since I hadn't read the first book in the series, many relationships were just too confusing to me. I used to like Colleen Coble, but this just wasn't for me.
Susan
Oct 14, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I became embedded in Bree & Davy's life... My Curiosity after Reading "Without A Trace" held me in suspense... Davy,Kade,Anu and Samson are all well developed characters... Trauma has brought them all together... I'm especially liking and very curious about Lauri and a new character Nick... The Rock Harbor Collection: Without a Trace, Beyond a Doubt, Into the Deep, Cry in the Night, and Silent Night
Teresa TL Bruce
Jun 28, 2010 Teresa TL Bruce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYone
Coble has a gift for storytelling. Like Book One in the Rock Harbor series (Without a Trace), romance and danger keep the pace moving swiftly. The characters' lives continue to evolve, and though some issues are resolved others are left wide open for the next in the series. The author frankly explores how faith and trust (or their lack) influence life decisions.

(I admit, the search and rescue dogs are favorite characters, too!)

I cannot wait to find out what happens next to Bree, her family, and
Shyla
Mar 25, 2010 Shyla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club, mystery
This is the second book in the series about Bree and her search & rescue dog, Samson. Basically a mystery /adventre / love story it started out somewhat promising. But about halfway through it just kind of fell flat for me. There were too many characters to keep track of and I think they were mostly introduced to keep us guessing who the bad guy was. The best part of the book for me was just following up with the characters since I had read the first book, otherwise I don't think I would hav ...more
Teresa Snyder
Aug 29, 2012 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was more mystery than romance which would not be all bad if there was a happily ever after. There wasn't. At least not in this book. The only thing that kept me from being furious with the ending was knowing the happily ever after comes in the next book in the series. As far as the mystery, it was good. It was almost at the end before I figured it out. Okay, kinda figured it out. As for Nick the fireman, REALLY dislike him! Getting a little tired of Davy's whining. I know. Unfair. He's ...more
Maritza
Feb 06, 2016 Maritza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YESSSSSSSS! I love this series! Bree continues in this second book, finding a dead body that was sealed in her basement wall. Huh?! Meanwhile, strange thefts, break-ins and a domestic violence case happen, which leaves Bree and Kade wondering if they are all related. There is plenty of suspense, and just the right amount of romance between Bree and Kade, that makes this story perfect. Although the case gets solved at the end, there is a little bit of a cliff hanger that for sure makes you want t ...more
Katie
Mar 19, 2010 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best book in the world, but I still enjoyed reading this story. There are some unnatural interactions between characters, and funny ways of describing things, that make the story seem kind of stilted, but at the same time are kind of amusing in and of themselves. At least the characters and stories develop over the series, rather than re-hashing the same plot in different ways in each book.
Mrs. Doglvrs
Apr 06, 2011 Mrs. Doglvrs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This is such a great series!! I love that they are set in Michigan's U.P.
Just the right amount of romantic involvement with lots and lots of mystery and intrigue.

I was, however, dissapointed in the number of typos in the text as well as wrong words and words left out. Shoddy printing.
This won't keep me from reading the rest of the series though.. it's certianly not the authors fault.

LOVED IT!
Mandy Tucker
I love the suspense, and the relationships in the Rock Harbor series. My only complaint would be that the author introduces too many secondary characters and they're hard to keep up with. Several who have reviewed this book complain that it's the second in a series and they felt somewhat lost... it says on both, the cover and the spine, "book two". So, yes, it's the second book in the series. I'm looking forward to starting book three.
Tonya
Nov 28, 2010 Tonya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, the 2nd in the Rock Harbor series, starts out with a bang. Bree finds a corpse long time buried in her basement of her Lighthouse home, and so there you go, off and running and a town secret is uncovered. The book also explores more about the workings of a canine search and rescue operation, which I found very interesting,especially how they train the dogs. The descriptive scenery inspires you to want to see it for yourself.
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
  • When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)
  • The Splitting Storm (The Storm Series #2)
  • Before I Wake
  • The Day of Reckoning (Baxter #2)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Rock Harbor (6 books)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)
  • Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)

“eyes widened, and a tear slid down her cheek. “I’ve never” 0 likes