Start by marking “Her Cyborg (Bound by Her, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Cyborg (Bound by Her, #1)

Her Cyborg (Bound by Her #1)

Can't find Mr. Right? Why not create him? MedAct is the company that can make all your dreams come true! Just give them a call and let them create the perfect man for you. But remember, you can never give him up. It will kill him, literally.

Loneliness and failed relationships made Phoebe want a cyborg of her own. With him, she would never be heartbroken again. When she tu
174 pages
Published April 15th 2016 by Sense of Romance

To ask other readers questions about Her Cyborg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Cyborg

Bookishcat
Cara Bristol
Jun 16, 2016 Cara Bristol rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2016
I've read a number of cyborg romances. This one offered something a little different from the rest. These cyborgs aren't fighters...but lovers. Women can order a mate (a cyborg) to be created for them. Neat concept. I enjoyed the story a lot.
Hollie
I love all things cyborg and this book was offered as a kindleunlimited so I decided, why not? Where do I begin.............. this book was one hot mess. Basically the heroine creates her dream man and doctors design her cyborg to her specifications. He wakes up, notices her, and they immediately start having sex and confessing their undying love for one another. I didn’t enjoy anything about this book. The cyborg was pretty much her slave. She OWNED him. There was no relationship development. ...more
Alina
Nov 28, 2016 Alina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, cyborgs
I was gifted with a free copy through the giveaway program.
Also reviewed forAlina Melinda's reads.

Is there any life for cyborgs after the death of their beloved one and after the bound is broken?Is the bound between humans and cyborgs actually real? Or is it just a way to control cyborgs?
What if "true feelings" are actually forced, programmed?Can cyborgs have any feelings? Can cyborgs be trusted at all ?

This was a new domain to me, my first book about cyborgs.The concept of the story was pretty
Caroline Abreu
May 06, 2016 Caroline Abreu rated it it was amazing
Excellent first book of series. Since I was young and read about androids and cyborgs in science fiction books, I have been interested in the premise of artificial intelligence and the meaning of being human. It is a delight to see more authors exploring that in the romance genre.

In this particular world-build, Nellie Lind has created a society where cyborgs have been around for about a half-century, and are available to be created as life companions, for a price, to certain screened individuals
Kimberlee
Jun 09, 2016 Kimberlee rated it really liked it
4 Bounding Stars

This is a new author for me. I found this read while trolling through Kindle Unlimited. I really liked it. I have been a big fan of Laurann Dohner and her cyborg series. So I thought what the hey.....

Glad I did. Shade is a new born cyborg bound to Phoebe who created her perfect man from her heart. Things are so wonderful till and escaped cyborg renamed Nightmare tries to kidnap Shade and instead takes Phoebe. Shade will do anything to get phoebe back who loose his memories of t
Shasha
Third person past tense
2 POV

Sweet sci-fi story. The writing is simple and clear. There are some wrong forms of words and wrong words used. There is a repetition of information that was irritating in the beginning. The creation of cyborgs was vague so they sounded more like androids. The awakening process was interesting.
The world building is narrow so it was hard to accept the world. the ending is happy but there are loose ends.

Mature sexual content
Whit
Jun 28, 2016 Whit rated it did not like it
I feel like the majority of the book was the same thing explained in different ways to different people in different points of view. The bond was talked about so many times that it annoyed me to death. We get it.... No bond equals death! The bonded dying means they die! Whatever. DNF, by the way.
Teon
Nov 06, 2016 Teon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story.

It was a nice fast read that set the stage for a new series w/ great potential. There were a couple of events that were very important to the story that were un likely to have flowed that way in a real situation but when you read a lot of sci-fi you must stay open minded.
Tiblu
Loved,loved loved it!!!!! Want Me a Cyborg ;)

I Loved Phoebe and Shade as a couple ( Not crazy about his name,I kept thinking Night Shade,like a poison or some super villain ) ( Not the Wonderful Mate he was)..... I don't really think the way the bond is set up is fair to the Cyborgs but then again the way it is does set up all the conflict for the story,soooo I guess I can't poo poo it too much ;) but it does seem like in a world where Cyborgs like this are even possible they should have some s
Samm
Jun 24, 2016 Samm rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me for review by Nellie C. Lind and I'm so grateful because I really enjoyed every second of it! Right from the start you get caught by an intriguing plot and you're hooked for the whole book. I've personally never read a book involving cyrbor relationships but I definitely am planning on reading the novella and the second book when it comes out. One of my favorite things about this book was how the cyborgs were encouraged to be a part of society but at the same time it was ...more
Sonya Tedesco
May 30, 2016 Sonya Tedesco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

The description didn't really enamore me to get this book, but I have to say that this was a great book. I was kind of creeped out about people creating a significant other and that cyborgs didn't start out as humans who were enhanced with cybernetics.

This story packs a punch on your emotions...once you get over the fact that love is programmed. I have to admit that part turned me off a little bit and I felt guilty about enjoying the cyborg because I didn't really grasp what was natur
Genevieve Scholl
Jul 12, 2016 Genevieve Scholl rated it really liked it
Every woman dreams of being able to create the perfect man, which makes this story relatable. Though, in all honesty, I found my self sympathizing with the cyborg more. Coming into a world so suddenly like that without basic knowledge and mechanics must be quite scary, and I believe the author portrayed that well.

There were a few moments when I wished the author had elaborated on some things, but overall the story was very intriguing. I'm not a regular reader of cyborg stories, having shied awa
Lyn
58% and giving up.

The author is very repetative. The delivery of the story was boring and somewhat disturbing. I'm assuming it wasn't the author's intention to make it seem like the "custom made" Cyborg's were being taken advantage of but that's what if felt like to me. Especially, since they have this innocent quality to them when they first wake up and are immediatly dependent emotionally on the women who created them. Women creating their perfect men who are programmed to fall in love with t
Nicole Timmer
May 22, 2016 Nicole Timmer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different

This book's storyline was different than anything I've read, and I read a lot and many genres. But really interesting and pretty good. Create cyborgs for people who want instant and forever love without all of the emotional complications. Works well, but cyborgs either die or go nuts if their bonded human dies. It really sucks that the cyborgs have to deal with their women dying, and that it is so difficult for the widowed cyborgs to accept a new woman. However, it's not unrealistic - I
Willow Brooks
May 23, 2016 Willow Brooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll take one for $2,000 Nellie Lind. I'm thinking for two grand you'd give me a used one though.

Humans, Cyborgs, Sexual Bonding. What has this world come to??!!! This was a good read. It was unique and I truly enjoyed it. I thought Shade (The Hero) was going to piss me off because he was being way too possessive, but the He eventually got his act together.

BTW, the book cover is nice but the kid depicted on the front looks like Jail Bait. The cover don't match the hot guy in the story, at leas
Country Goose
May 20, 2016 Country Goose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good and thorough. Sweet and full of depth, without too much intensity.

A Cyborg is created to ease Phoebe's aching heart. She knew she would never find happiness with humans, so she went to MedAct to create her Cyborg, Shade.

Little does she and her newborn Shade know, a plot is set to destroy their bond. The "freed" cyborgs are determined to destroy the bond that holds them all captive, and Shade's new bond is their ticket to freedom.

But who is telling the truth, and who will prevail?

I can
Cathleen
May 13, 2016 Cathleen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hea, science-fiction
I really liked the process of bonding a cyborg that is explored but thought the world building weak. The two points of view are narrow so when new characters were introduced it was jarring (the friend out of nowhere that knows what do to do at a key point in the plot? puuleeeezze). The plot moved along well though there are many holes (why no female cyborgs?) and the love was clear. A few typos with wrong words (quite for quiet) but you could figure out what the author meant. There is sexual ...more
Hannah
Jun 27, 2016 Hannah rated it it was amazing
This one makes me wish I make my own Cyborg – lord knows I have had bad luck when it came to men, they’re mostly pigs!

Anyways I LOVE the drama into the story and Shade, the newborn Cyborg and there’s tension building towards the end which I loved and I can’t to see what happens to the unfinished business of two characters and how maybe the dislike between them becomes love......I’m VERY curious to see how that goes but something tells me I will have wait until after my favourite Cyborg, Wind!
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Jun 02, 2016 Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:. rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Sometimes when I'm in a reading slump, or just in the mood for something different, I'll cruise the freebie books on Amazon. Well, this gem came up. It's a sci-fi romance and I loved the plot! I'm more than curious not to see what else happens to these characters, not just the main two! It has hints for a good two other books laid out seamlessly within this book, as well as a novella that you can get from subscribing to the author's newsletter.

:D I love finding new plots!
Grace Vincent
May 15, 2016 Grace Vincent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I loved the way the characters were developed and the storyline. I didn't like that once their bound one died the cyborgs died or they went crazy. However they can find someone else to be bound to which leaves room for more books in this series that I hope are coming out soon. This was a complete story and you weren't left hanging to find out what happens next. A great book that I would recommend to anyone that enjoys a great love story.
Zheanne Gabertan
Jun 11, 2016 Zheanne Gabertan rated it really liked it
I've never read sci-fi books before or books that Involves cyborgs but this one is my favorite of all time. Awesome plot, the writing is wonderful and the characters were also awesome. But, I liked to have more action in it because it involves cyborgs.

Here's my full review:
Kat Brewer
Jun 30, 2016 Kat Brewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, my only wish is there was more depth, a longer telling. I would love to see the story fleshed out a bit more, starting with the beginning. I want to know more about the heroine, what happened to her before she got her cyborg?
I want to know more about the Cyborgs themselves, are there female Cyborgs?
I look forward to the next installment of the the series.
Sugar Pop
May 09, 2016 Sugar Pop rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just found an amazing new series

This has everything I want in a series. The science fiction is really thought out. It goes into believable details that blows my mind. The romance is put together well. It also had action scenes that will have you on the edge of your seat. Can't wait for the second book.
Amanda
Jun 15, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting

Four stars because it was an interesting read but left me wanting more. It was still good and I look forward to the next book! I have seen reviews about it being horrible that a cyborg doesn't have a choice, but once their bound has died it seems that have a choice. Besides, as Shade said, why not want the bind when you feel love and happiness for each other?
Angie
Aug 10, 2016 Angie rated it really liked it
THIS ENDED JUST WHEN IT WAS GETTING GOOD AUGH

Okay so the story is complete but I feel like their lives were just getting started at the end of the book. I'd really like to see what happens once the dust has settled.
Elle
May 29, 2016 Elle rated it liked it
The story drives this one forward, it's engaging and heartfelt.

The prose needs to be tightened up. There is some repetition of sentiments which gets distracting.

I love the world concept and will give book 2 a try when it releases.
Iona Fincati
May 14, 2016 Iona Fincati rated it liked it
While this was well written, I found it boring. I understand that as a new cyborg there needs to be intelligence and behaviour development, but it just went on and on. So I lost interest.
Queencess
Jul 08, 2016 Queencess rated it really liked it
(Received a free ebook copy for an exchange of an honest review)
Full review will be up on my blog: queenventures.wordpress.com
shannon  Stubbs
Aug 30, 2016 shannon Stubbs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unusually good

I liked this unusual love story. It ended up being more interesting than I expected. Can't wait to read more stories in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Change book cover. 6 22 Jan 20, 2016 08:29AM
  • Mission to Mahjundar
  • Liberation's Kiss (Robotics Faction: Android Assassins #1)
  • Solar Storm
  • Mated with the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance, #2)
  • On a Cyborg Planet (The Phoenix Adventures, #6)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • Damage Control (Valiant Knox, #2)
  • Inoperative (Cyborg, #1)
  • Alien Alpha: Qetesh Warrior (Qetesh #1)
  • The Pirate Captain's Daughter (Mandrake Company, #5.5)
  • Breathing Vapor (Cyborg Sizzle, #2)
  • Adam (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #6)
  • Marcus 582 (Cyborgs: Mankind Redefined, #3)
  • High Priest on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #3)
  • The Great St Mary's Day Out (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #7.5)
Nellie C. Lind was born in Poland and moved to Sweden when she was 5 years old. Today she lives in Stockholm with her son. She runs a publishing house for a living, makes book covers and writes paranormal romance, fantasy and sci-fi books for adults. It's all about hot angels, gods, cyborgs and a lot of love!

Website: http://nellieclind.com/

Blog: http://nellie-c-lind.blogspot.se/

Facebook: https://
More about Nellie C. Lind...

Bound by Her (3 books)
  • Tempted Cyborg (Bound by Her, #1.5)
  • Loved Cyborg (Bound by Her, #2)