Start by marking “Alchemy” as Want to Read:
Alchemy

Alchemy (Prophecy Breakers #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"Do you want me to be dangerous?" he asked, his voice husky and low.
I gulped, and for a moment I was incapable of speech. But he was quiet, waiting. "No. I don't."
"Then I'm not dangerous at all," he murmured. His gaze moved from my eyes to my mouth. "You've never been safer than you are at this moment." I shivered as his breath tickled my skin. Our lips were mere millimete
Published October 11th 2013 by Boekweg Books

To ask other readers questions about Alchemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alchemy

Katie
WOW! I loved every minute of this book, and I'm not just saying that because I was able to read a free demo copy (or whatever the technical term for that is). I was through it in two days, which included two very late nights. Now I can't wait for the next book!!

Believable, yet complicated, characters made this book a joy to read. Not one voice lacked in any way. In fact, switching between voices helped to heighten the suspense at times (although Juliette is my personal favorite).

Alchemy has th
Zarah
First of all, I loved this book. I loved the three distinct, but well matched, voices of Sam, Juliette and Ana. I loved the idea, the story and the pacing. I loved the way this book made me LAUGH out loud, feel angry and go a bt mushy at times.

(I REALLY feel that the blurb doesn't do it justice, even a little bit. It's a nice passage, sure, but it doesn't feel suitable as an example of the story. At all.)

The humour of this book is remarkable and I have highlighted and bookmarked SO many spots in
Kimber Wheaton
I received this book from the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Interesting thing about Alchemy...what I thought I'd dislike the most turned out to be the best part. This novel has three authors. The story is told from three different characters' POV, each author writing a different character. What I was worried would be incongruous, was in actuality intriguing. The three writing styles mesh so well, their voices so similar. I was pleasantly surprised.

This story follows three characters s
Berenice
At first I thought I would get dizzy and get my facts mixed up when I discovered there where 3 voices we follow as the story develops, but luckily each author brought to the table a unique personality with a narration that seemed to be enough to give each character its own but in a way that let the narration flow as you change from one character’s point of view into the next’s.
Although I had to admit that in the fast scenes I would get a little lost for a couple of lines, but luckily the charac
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Alchemy is a joint venture between three different authors, who each tackle one point of view throughout the story. I’ll admit to being a bit worried when I saw the three names at the top of the cover. I rarely read books with more than one author because I can usually tell when one person’s work ends and the other’s begins…in the case of Alchemy it turned out to be a plus.

Alchemy takes that normally pleasant magic boarding school idea and turns it on it’s head. Chebeague holds a ton of potentia
Meredith Mansfield
I got a chance to read this early. I loved it.

Such truly different characters thrown together in a very challenging environment, where they not only have to find a way to survive, but also figure out who they can trust and who the really bad guys are. I loved them all. And it's clear their adventures aren't over yet. :)

Can't wait to find out what they're up agains in Book 2.
Shelly Hodson
I loved this book! I couldn't put it down. I loved that the main characters in the book are each written by different authors.
I received a copy of this book as free feedback from one of the authors. Thank you so much for sending it to me. I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Lindsey  Winsemius
All three authors have a fantastic voice. I enjoyed the writing style, which was humorous yet flirted with deeper emotions. Each character was well-developed and likable. While the content was more suited for a young adult, I was highly entertained throughout and it could certainly appeal to more mature readers. It did remind me of the X-men series, but with an interesting twist (and humorous allusions to the popular series).

Normally I don't care for the "journal entry" book, as it seems to be t
Michelle
The idea of multiple authors for one story really threw me for a loop, I won't deny that. How would it work? Would it feel disconnected and confusing? Would I find myself wondering who wrote what part? well... I still Wonder that.. I'm going to have to go ask the authors.. as for the rest. It worked wonderfully!

The story is told in 3 different POV's. Usually, I am not a fan of multiple POV's. If you read other reviews of mine with the same element you will find that usually I feel like the chara
Dawn
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

This world of magic is different than any other I’ve read about before. Someone is infected with magic, gets crazy for a while, and then ends up with powers. Anyone who is infected is considered an outcast.

I like how Alchemy is in journal form and the reader can follow what each character is thinking by reading those journals. The main characters are unique, they each bring a different point of view, and I liked all three of them.

This stor
Emily
I think this is the only book that I've read that was written by three authors. And it really worked. Each author wrote the diary of one of the main characters. I liked how this really gave the characters different voices. The world building was well done - it was really interesting to think of magic as a disease that you could catch. There was plenty of suspense driving the book and then the cliff-hanger at the end ensures that I'll be reading the next book when it comes out.
Dalene
First, I would like to thank the authors Sheena Boekweg, Sabrina West and Melanie Crouse for giving me this book for an honest review. I loved reading this story, at first I wasn't sure how it was going to go being written by three different authors, but they did great and meshed well together. The characters are very well written and the world building is very good. I look forward to reading more from these authors and more from of this series.
Clara
Nov 30, 2013 Clara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: maine
So, Alchemy is the first of a new series written by three very talented women. Each author took one main character, and wrote those chapters. It gave the characters distinctive voices.

The reality in this book is kind of gritty. In parts of the book, I wasn't sure what was true and what wasn't. Frankly, I love that. I enjoy going back and trying to figure out exactly what was happening for any particular person, especially if they appear to be different from how they have been acting. The fact t
Cwdavenport
I really enjoyed this book. It is appropriate for all ages. It is a fun view with magic. I love that it is an infection. The characters are so great. I love that this is a book I can recommend to my nieces and nephews and won't be embarrassed to discuss it with them. I am really looking forward to the next book.
Suzi
I was nervous about reading this because one of the authors is a good friend. I'm so happy to say that I really enjoyed it! Each character was different and unique, and the plot left me questioning until the end. I can tell when I've enjoyed a book because I keep reading everything all the way to the end, author's notes, acknowledgements, etc.. I also keep thinking about the story and what I would do, how I would react. This book got me doing it all! I'm looking forward to the next one.
Elizabeth
It was amazing and I would get everyone to read it.
Michelle Rebernik
Michelle Rebernik marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Dylan Waters
Dylan Waters marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Cleo
Cleo marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Deeann Pullman
Deeann Pullman marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Jossette
Jossette marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Bree
Bree is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2015
Tonia
Tonia added it
Jul 01, 2015
Tanya Kistner
Tanya Kistner marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Suellen
Suellen marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Alchemy is FREE 1-23-14 through 1-24-14. 1 4 Jan 23, 2014 11:59AM
Read the First Chapter... 1 7 Sep 26, 2013 09:42AM
Insomnia Book Club: Alchemy by Melanie Crouse 4 10 Sep 25, 2013 05:28PM
  • Rune Gate (Rune Gate Cycle #1)
  • Winterborne (Universe Unbound #1)
  • Descendants (The Descendants Saga, #1)
  • Unsympathetic Magic (Esther Diamond #3)
  • Witch Hunt (Hayle Coven, #2)
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #4)
  • Blackwater (Blackwater Witches, #1)
  • DeadBorn
  • The Secret Trinity: Unearth (Fae-Witch, #1)
  • The Witches of Dark Root (Daughters of Dark Root, #1)
  • Chasing Shadows (Tala Prophecy, Book 2)
  • Finding Meara (An Adven Realm Adventure, Vol. 1)
  • Phantoms In Philadelphia
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Toad (Cindy Eller, #1)
  • Of Sun & Moon (Midnight Guardian, #1)
  • An Imperfect Witch (Witch Central, #1)
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
Sheena Boekweg is a staff member at Flash Fiction Online. She has received an Honorable Mention in the Writers of the Future Contest, and The New Era Magazine accepted her work for publication. Look for her next novel, Alchemy, coming this October.

Sheena is a mom of three living in West Jordan, Utah.
To read more about Sheena and her writing, check out Boekwegbooks.com.
More about Sheena Boekweg...
Funny Tragic Crazy Magic (Tragic Magic, #1) Prophecy of the Six (Prophecy Breakers,#2) Funny Tragic Shadowed Magic (Tragic Magic, #2) Prophecy of the Six (Prophecy Breakers) (Volume 2) Prophecy of the Six (Prophecy Breakers Book 2)