Start by marking “Night of the Fae (Ana Martin series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Fae (Ana Martin series, #1)

Read Book

Night of the Fae (Ana Martin #1)

“I love you,” he murmured as the wisps of light returned to his body.

What he didn’t say was that his love came with a heavy price and life was never going to be the same again.

Twenty six year old Ana Martin has a past she is trying to forget. When she meets Gabriel, she believes that she can finally leave her troubles behind her. But Gabriel has a secret…

He may look human
Published by Lyneal Jenkins (first published November 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Fae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Fae

Veronica hates cheating/disloyal heros in "Romance" books
I recieved a copy in exchange of an honest review from the awesome author.

Night of the Fae is a paranormal romance that has elements of YA fantasy and others of NA. The heroine Anna Martin is 26 YO and is attending University courses to get a better job. She has been dating a very beautiful man, Gabriel, who is very devoted to her and she has decided that a very good Valentine's day present would be a sex video.

At that moment my interest is piqued.
description

Gabriel arrives and they make love and the next
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Is there a prequel to this book? I didn't hate this book; I didn't find it okay either. So it stays at a 1.5 star for me. Since I truncate not round up, it shows up as a 1 star in Goodreads. In Night of the Fae, Ana Martin who is supposedly twenty six enters a twilight zone. Suddenly, she learns there is more to this world than humans. There are supernatural beings called the Siis. She knows one intimately - apparently her boyfriend, Gabriel, is a Siis. Long long time ago, in a world much ...more
Charles Ray
May 09, 2015 Charles Ray rated it really liked it
Ana Martin is a 26-year-old who is desperately trying to put her past behind her. She finds herself drawn, physically and emotionally, to Gabriel, but as the relationship develops, she learns that Gabriel has a secret—one that will forever impact her life and the lives of those around her.
Ana learns that Gabriel is a Siis, a creature that can appear human, but that is far, far more than a mere mortal. Furthermore, she learns that she can tap into some of the Siis powers. This makes her a target
The Baking Bookworm
My Review: A book that has a suspenseful element with a healthy dose of supernatural thrown in is right down my alley. In this first book in the Ana Martin series readers are given a crash course in Jenkin's rendition of all things Fae and it is quite unique. They aren't the cute little Tinkerbell-type pixies spreading joy and light. Faaaar from it! They are described as rather nasty, volatile and evil little beings who are out for revenge and blood. They provide a unique evil element with an ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Jul 20, 2014 OpenBookSociety.com rated it really liked it
Shelves: andra

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Andra

Spoilers….sorry :(

Let me first say…..bravo! I really had a great reading experience with this book. While I was a bit confused during the first 20 -30 pages, once I re-read those pages a couple of times from the beginning, I was hooked (and that is hard to do outside of my normal reading genre – like this book is….may have to add new genre to my reading :) ). The story had a bit of everything actually….romance, action, i
Gail Thompson
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book and found myself delving back into it whenever I had a spare few minutes. I have read many fantasy stories and many involving fae. So much so that I usually become disgruntled with the standard set up that most seam to employ. Not so this time. I was far from bored. The Siis and the fae were described in fresh way. There is also a story for how the fae were created. I love that so much thoug
Patricia Eddy
Aug 07, 2014 Patricia Eddy rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy
This review originally appeared on Author Alliance.

Night of the Fae is a supernatural action novel with some paranormal romance elements to it. It starts with Ana, a young woman, who is attacked by a drug addict looking for money for his next fix. She's saved and healed mysteriously and her memory altered, but she's strong enough that she manages to resist whatever spell has been woven over her.

Not long after, we meet her boyfriend, Gabriel. Ana decides to make a sex tape as a surprise for him,
Cleo deLancey
Aug 10, 2015 Cleo deLancey rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Genre: Paranormal romance, Supernatural Fantasy.
I would like to thank author Lyneal Jenkins for a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
I am not going into the actual story itself as you can read that in the book blurb or pretty much any review.
This is book one in the Ana Martin Series. As a first book, it does have some flaws. There were some wonderful elements as in an excellent plot line with only one discernible hole which happened near the end of the story (since the Fae know wh
Ciara
Sep 23, 2015 Ciara rated it really liked it
"Night of the Fae" by Lyneal Jenkins is an engaging and engrossing book. It has a depth of emotion the likes of which I have rarely come across in other novels, especially when it comes to the protagonist, Ana Martin.

Ana is a fairly ordinary woman who falls hopelessly in love with a fairly extraordinary man, Gabriel. Gabriel is the perfect man - gorgeous, chivalrous, courageous - but he's not technically a man at all. Gabriel is a member of the Siis, not of our world, and it is frowned upon in t
Liquid Frost
May 26, 2015 Liquid Frost rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Night of the Fae is Volume I of the Ana Martin series by Lyneal Jenkins. Ana becomes involved with the Siis, an ancient race of transcendent beings. With purity, comes evil in the Fae; children turned into malevolent forces centuries past.

Most of the book involves crying, drinking tea, self-doubt, and co-dependency. For female readers out there - the female lead is a train wreck. This may be off-putting at times. Sprinkled into the book are some action scenes, which I think Jenkins does a great
Book Nook  Nuts
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 4 Stars

REVIEW
New to me author.

We have a young girl Ana Martin who has a horrible young life. As she gets older she begins to see other worldly beings. She meets and falls in love with Gabriel who later she learns is a fae of sorts. The closer they become the more she is becoming like him she has a glow to her. Now she is being hunted by fae who want to kil
Melissa (ladybug)
I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I don't know what to say about this book. I hated it, I loved it, I liked it, I was bored. All these do not seem to give this book true justice. I had a hard time starting this book, but when I got about a tenth into it, the story took off and I really enjoyed it. So much, that I bought the next two books in succession and finished them also. (they all ended abruptly with cliff hangers)

The writing seemed to need a little editing
Becky Cox
Jul 07, 2015 Becky Cox rated it really liked it
I received a copy for an honest review.

Night of the Fae is fast paced and keeps the twist coming. Ana works at a elder home with her best friend and meets the man of her dreams Gabriel. Gabriel is not human and saves her more than once from the Fae.

Lyneal Jenkins covers several genre with Night of the Fae to include supernatural/paranormal, mystery, drama, romance and YA. I enjoyed the suspense and meeting the different characters of the different species. There is quite a bit of suspense with
Brandon
Jul 28, 2013 Brandon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 9.5/10.0

Review: The first book in the Ana Martin series was brilliantly written. The book was written by a UK author, and as an American I am happy to say that I was able to follow along really well. There are some books written by author's in the UK that I have a hard time following (based on their location), and in honesty I didn't even realize that the book was based in the UK until the context finally hit me. Very well done for that, to me that gives the impression that the author wa
D.S. Williams
May 16, 2014 D.S. Williams rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book, I really did. Ms. Jenkins has created some truly unique characters and done a great job of building her world in a unique paranormal story.
However, despite my best efforts, I gave up some halfway through, due to the amount of typos, spelling mistakes, poorly used grammar and clear lack of editing which unfortunately, spoiled the reading experience for me. It is a great shame, because Ms. Jenkins has created an interesting and fresh take on the paranormal genre and I w
Alisha Howard
Oct 18, 2013 Alisha Howard rated it really liked it

This was a great read! There is great action, mystery and romance that keep the book rolling from cover to cover. I read the whole book in one sitting, I couldn't get enough!

It is a unique entry into the genre, but sometimes we need fresh blood to spice things up. ;) I appreciated the twist Lyneal provided in Night of the Fae and encourage her to continue writing in this same style. She does a great job blending the paranormal world with our own, and it was intriguing to see how Ana handles the
Avid Reader
Mar 26, 2014 Avid Reader rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. A totally unexpected new entry into the fantasy market. The characters are well thought out and develop well through out the book.

One warning (SPOILER ALERT)...
If you like the 'happy ever after ending, this might not be the book for you. This story is real, and the characters act accordingly. I have read the second one though, so don't worry, romance isn't dead.

Overall, a great book and I will definitely be following this author as the writing is brilliant, managing to draw yo
Jamie
Aug 23, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing
great book. finally, no vampires and a new race of people to entertain us. this book sets you up nicely for further books, leaving lots of potential to go so many places. the main character is far from perfect, which I refreshingly new. she becomes stronger as the book goes on and its great to follow that happening. will definitely be following this series and recommend it to anyone looking for a great series to read. you don't have to be a fantasy lover and has some romance, and has loads of ...more
Ljones
Jan 06, 2014 Ljones rated it it was amazing
okay, I came across this book quite by accident and all I can say is that I was hooked by the end of the first chapter. night of the fae is filed with suspense, romance, action, laughter, and horror. It is such a mixture of genres that its impossible to pigeon hole this novel, but whatever you are in to, this book is sure to satisfy your needs. on top of this, it is something new. no vampires and although there are fae, I've never come across the likes before. such a refreshing storyline ...more
Julie Powell
May 16, 2015 Julie Powell rated it really liked it
I was asked to read this book and found it to be a good fantasy read.

The opening 'fight' scene is excellent and is a great hook, although some of that grip loosens now and again. It is a good story, however, with a fair plot and reasonably developed characters. I did like the idea of some of the Fae being corrupted children - very creepy.

Altogether, a well told fantasy romance with more to come.
Regina Griffin
Sep 15, 2015 Regina Griffin rated it really liked it
Yes Yes Yes. I am looking forward to reading the next book.
At moments, I was soooo pulled in that I laughed at myself.
Dang! Great job.
The power of love, and the essence of it being so strong that it can be sensed by others...now that is awesome.
The conflict between the Fae (external appearances vs true intentions) and the inability to escape a world that you did not sign up for, was just magnetic. Great read.
Hannah Saldaris
Jul 06, 2015 Hannah Saldaris rated it liked it
I did see some similarities between Ana and Sookie, Gabriel and Bill but after reading a few chapters Ana got under my skin and she became her own identity. She's that person in the horror movie that runs upstairs to hide from the bad guy but she takes a few big hits and holds on til the very last breath. I would like more details about her surroundings but her encounters with the supernatural are action packed and emotionally charged.
Anna
Jul 23, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is new and exciting. The characters come alive, making you feel like you are there. The story line is fast paced and has many twists and turns. The main character isn't what you expect. There are times she annoys you, but by the end you cant help but love her (and feel just a little bit sorry for her).
definitely recommend this book for anyone who reads fantasy, action or romance as it covers all of them. if your not sure about it, just go for it. you will be pleasantly surprised :)
Marnie
Aug 23, 2013 Marnie rated it it was amazing
went to this with not so high expectations as the author is an indie author (there is some rubbish out there) I was pleasantly surprised. its far better than other fantasy books such as twilight. the story has more depth and the characters are very rounded. loved it and am recommending it to friends and you.
Martin
Sep 03, 2013 Martin rated it really liked it
great book. lots of action so you're never bored. had some romance in, which isn't really for me, hence giving it a 4 star. the writing was great, just descriptive enough making it possible to imagine being there.
Joanne
Sep 22, 2015 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing fantasy of dark vs light, happy vs sad.

But which one will win? ... Plot and character twists and turns lead you through a mystical journey in this well written first instalment of this series, which will hook you instantly.
Teresa Woodard
Aug 18, 2015 Teresa Woodard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!

The author keeps you mesmerized as she draws you into the story and the characters within. You feel that you HAVE to find out which twist and turn will happen next!
Nancy
Jul 29, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
This was a good book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Martha
Oct 14, 2016 Martha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was really hard to get into when I first started. I usually blow through a good book in about a week and a half so it's not surprising it took me longer. There were a lot of grammatical mistakes that made the book difficult at times to read.

The story of Ana and Gabriel finally got interesting and exciting about midway through. This was the first in a series and I haven't decided if I'll read the remaining books.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Book Promotions: Award Winning Debut SciFi Novel - FREE 1 4 Aug 01, 2014 03:13PM
Indie Excellence Book Awards 2014 1 2 May 21, 2014 12:19PM
  • The Devil's Angel (Devil Series, #2)
  • Sweet Requiem (Sweet #3)
  • American Ghoul
  • Tainted (Ava Delaney: Lost Souls #1)
  • Destiny (Hungry Moon, #2)
  • Fae For All (The Cloverleah Pack Book 6)
  • Influential Magic (Crescent City Fae, #1)
  • Fell's Hollow
  • His Choice (Dante's Circle, #3.5)
  • Witch Sense: Part One
  • Dysfunctional: The 1st Trilogy of Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist
  • Broken Hearted Ghoul (Taxi for the Dead #1)
  • Epimeliad
  • Tantra (The Anu Files, #1)
  • Demon Down (Xoe Meyers, #4)
  • Oaken (The Underground #1)
  • Accidentally Wolf (Seraphine Thomas, #1)
  • The Madness Project (The Madness Method, #1)
Lyneal Jenkins was born in Shrewsbury, England in 1980. In 1996 she left home to become a Medic in the British Army. After three years she resigned the forces to start a family and begin her work with learning disabilities, which is when she was diagnosed with bipolar depression.
After a failed marriage, she moved to spain for eighteen months with her children, taking time to reflect on where she w
More about Lyneal Jenkins...

Ana Martin (3 books)
  • Hidden Light (Ana Martin Series # 2)
  • Frozen Flame (Ana Martin Series, #3)