Start by marking “A Touch Of Daniel” as Want to Read:
A Touch Of Daniel

A Touch Of Daniel

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Brandon family inhabit an absurd world where the men say nothing if they can help it and the women carp endlessly to no avail. They live an exceptionally unexceptional lifes Daniel.
Published 1975 by Pan Books (first published January 1st 1968)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch Of Daniel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch Of Daniel

Steve TK
Picked this up after watching the sitcom, I Didn't Know You Cared, based on the same characters, also written by Peter Tinniswood. The sitcom is an overlooked gem, a surreal cult classic which ran to four series. It took Amazon four months to locate the box set after I ordered it! The only reason I can see for it not being hailed as a great 70s sitcom on 'I love 1975' clip shows and the like is that it's so thoroughly northern, but that's actually a huge part of its charm. The book is darker, bu ...more
Steven Kay
"Some good aspects but the best description I can give is that they are like butterscotch Angel Delight. On the first mouthful you think you quite like it, then after a few spoonfuls, you realise you actually don’t like it that much at all and find it rather unsubstantial. Ultimately it leaves you feeling a bit sick..."
Full review at: http://stevek1889.blogspot.co.uk/2014...
John Mccafferty
A mostly unknown classic by the brilliant Peter Tinniswood.
A very funny yet dark comedy novel but so much more you will not read a more original book.
The 1st of four novels featuring the Brandon family set in the 1960's in Northern England and also featuring my favourite character in literature Uncle Mort.
Simon
This book changed my life. He is still our best ever writer for radio, look out for his work on R4.

I cried openly when PT died I don't mind telling you. I might go for a little weep now...

S
Bettie☯
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Amelie
Amelie is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Joe Finegan
Joe Finegan marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Caroline Soares
Caroline Soares marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Erasergirl
Erasergirl marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Michael Mullins
Michael Mullins marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Chumley Pawkins
Chumley Pawkins marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Gemma Webb
Gemma Webb marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Michael Hsu
Michael Hsu marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Foxglove Zayuri
Foxglove Zayuri marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I Didn't Know You Cared Tales from a Long Room Except You're A Bird Uncle Mort's North Country More Tales From A Long Room