Start by marking “The Wager (The Bet, #2)” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Wager (The Bet #2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  12,038 Ratings  ·  1,070 Reviews
THE WAGER

Lose a bet, lose your heart...

Published October 1st 2013 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Wager, please sign up.

Kate I think it is better to read the 1st book first, because it continue in this one, so You can better understand the plot. And anyway, 1st one is also…moreI think it is better to read the 1st book first, because it continue in this one, so You can better understand the plot. And anyway, 1st one is also very funny, so you'll might enjoy it.(less)

Lisa Jayne
5 WAGER STARS.

description

After reading this story , once again I need to be checked into RA (romance anonymous). My romance boxes are full to the brim and overflowing after completing this tale of love. 'The wager' was one of my most highly anticipated books on my 'to read' shelf this month.'The bet' is one of my, I-love-forever-and-ever books and I could not wait to get my hands on this story of Jake Titus and Char Lynn. Rachel Van Dyken did not disappoint, the wager delivered on all romantic counts and m
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Meet Jake Titus . . . .

It’s manwhore little one. Jake is a manwhore. Jake’s idea of a good time has always been doing as little work as possible while doing as many chicks as possible. When Jake is fired from his family’s company and forced to interact with childhood friend Char leading up to his brother’s nuptials, Jake starts to think it might be time to grow up, get his shit together and maybe even find a way to get the girl.

Maaaa
Catarina
Oct 08, 2013 Catarina rated it liked it
3.5 Matchmaking Stars!

description

So, this book tells us the story of Jake and Char. They share a best-friend, Kacey, so they know each other since they were kids.
Char was hurt by Jake in the past, so she is not completely happy about having to see him, but she won’t miss her best-friend wedding, who’s marrying Jake’s older brother.
What neither of them was expecting, was the matchmaking skills of Jake’s grandmother, who is settled on getting those two together. Even if they think they don’t want to.

This
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥

I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed and giggled so much while reading a book.

With Kasey and Travis' wedding drawing closer, Jake and Char (best man and maid of honour) are forced together to get things done for the wedding.

I can't even get along with her, let alone plan something. Do you want her death on your hands?

A year previously, they slept together and Jake left her with a thank you note! *tut tut Jake*

There's a lot of love I feel for this book. I loved Jake and Char a
Liza
Jun 27, 2014 Liza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An awesome, equally funny and romantic sequel to the bestselling The Bet.

Grandma Nadine is back and now, her eyes are on the other Titus brother, the self- proclaimed manwhore himself, Jake Titus.

Rachel has leveled Jake's own story with the first book. This is equally funny and Jake is equally swoon- worthy as Travis. I loved Char's character too. She played the perfect damsel in distress for Jake.

Of course Grandma Nadine! The woman who knows it all. Who can really stop her? I won't. Because sh
Serena.. Sery-ously?
Recensione del I volume
Recensione del III volume

Recensione caustica e piena di spoiler.. Lettore avvisato!

Per i lettori di Novella2000 in esclusiva il riassuntissimo del libro! (E non perdetevi per soli 15 euro in più, la borsa mare per portare sempre con voi il libro della van Dyken!)

Jake: "Char è brutta, cretina, 'sta stronza, ma chi la vuole oh, e poi mica mi posso impegnare.. Seee"
Char: "Sto stronzo che mi ha lasciato un biglietto di ringraziamento dopo la nostra notte di sesso.. Non si rego
Silvana
Oct 03, 2013 Silvana rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*

5 STARS!

The Wager is the follow up to The Bet, the story of Jake and Char- Let me tell you it is just as sweet, funny and amazingly written as the first book.

Grandma Nadine comes out in full force in this one, causing lots of mayhem, LOVED HER! Her schemes just got funnier and crazier!

description

Jake was not the most likeable in the first book but in The Wager he steals my heart. Reading his POV, his pain, his insecurities just made me swoon! In the
Michelle
Aug 14, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
ARC received by the publisher via Net Gallery.

I seriously just fell in love with a book.

Rachel Van Dyken created another great mix of humor, wit and romance. This was pure sugary sweet love at it's best. Although Jake has some heated moments, there is nothing too steamy in this read. But the romance is off the charts. Nothing like a reformed playboy to cause your heart to skip a beat. Sometimes a great romance is just that, no angst or drama thrown in just for effects.

"Because it's going to be
♥Rachel♥
Sep 18, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it liked it
Sweet and entertaining. Review to come. The Wager was a fun and sweet romance filled with lusty kisses and wacky humor!

Char had a wicked crush on Jake when they were in middle school, but after he hurts her by not coming to her defense they’ve had nothing but an antagonistic relationship. Char can’t forget about Jake though because he’s a good friend of her best friend, Kacey, making for awkward. Then complicating things more is the amazing one night stand they shared. Jake ends up ruining that
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 19, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
The WAGER was NOTHING WHAT I EXPECTED
WOW, what an ADORABLE, TOO-CUTE, FUNNY, PEE-IN-MY-PANTS kind of READ!

I read The Bet and thought it was a cute read, I had some frustrating moments, but overall I was pleased. So I went into The Wager with no expectations, usually book 2 is hard for me to like in any series, but not this one!

I’m putting Rachel Van Dyken on my favorite list because this book was just TOO CUTE! I know I said it already, but it just had to be said again.

So you have two characters
Perceptive
A more wretched hive of sophomoric "humor" and outright idiocy will be hard to find.

No, seriously, this book actively kills brain cells and makes the reader stupid.

I want to know what happy drugs led to the five star reviews, because those drugs could cure depression. Maybe even end world hunger. They must be that strong, because there is no way any reader with an ounce of self-literacy respect can read this and not be appalled by the sheer inanity.

This is what supposedly passes for humor:

1) A m
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Oct 16, 2013 CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD rated it it was amazing
Very funny
romantic
charming
fairy-tale like love story...
and quite touching.....

Grandma Nadine is back! This time she has her heart set on ruining Jake, in a good way ;)

I laughed so hard with all her antics here. Jake and Char never knew what hit them. Char has been pining for Jake since they were grade schoolers... then after a one night stand where Jake just left her, she's out to get even. But Grandma Nadine has other plans.

All this is happening during the preparation of Kasey and Travis w
✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 02, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews marked it as to-read
From Amazon:

Publication Date: October 1, 2013

Book Description: From the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller, THE BET

THE WAGER

Lose a bet, lose your heart...

What is it about a junior-high crush that can send an otherwise intelligent woman into a tailspin? TV reporter Char Lynn wishes she knew. Jake Titus is too rich, too handsome, too arrogant: a trifecta that once lured Char into the best night-and worst morning-after-of her life. Now they've been thrown together in a wedding party. It's a
Reanell Tisdale
Oct 13, 2013 Reanell Tisdale rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by telling you how much I love this series! Rachel really can write sweet, sexy, funny stories! Her characters have me laughing out loud throughout the book. Especially Grandma! That woman is a riot, some of the things she pulls off are beyond hilarious.

Jake Titus....what a fine specimen that man is! But, he's a jackass, he proved that in The Bet. However, you get more in depth with Jake in The Wager. He realizes how much he has thrown away and how his actions hurt those he lov
Nikki
SO FREAKING AWESOME! I initially was't sure if I wanted to even read this since I loathed Jake in The Bet. But lucky for me, Ms. Van Dyken (somewhat) redeemed him at the end so I went straight to this and guess what?! I couldn't put it down! I freaking loved it! Jake turns out to be a good guy. I loved watching him come to the realization that how he'd been living his life wasn't too good. His behavior was appalling and I could tell he truly wanted to change. Of course, once he realized his true ...more
Erika
Not planning to read.

This is the second book I have looked into by this author and she sure seems to like her manwhore heroes and virgin heroines. And to add to that: the heroines are celibate during separations while the heroes sex it up with OW. Barftastic. ;) Should probably just avoid this author. Not for me but obviously others love her.
Serena.. Sery-ously?
La prima parte della recensione è QUI!

L’espressione della nonna si fece raggiante. «Ah, che meraviglia! È arrivata anche la tua puttana.»
Il disagio in una frase

«Tesoro, sono io quella che ha bisogno dell’apparecchio acustico, non tu. Ti ho dato della puttana. Cos’è, ti devo pure fare lo spelling?» Tirò una gomitata a Jake. «Per caso l’hai rimediata a una giornata di orientamento al lavoro per liceali?» Poi, in un tono di voce così alto da risultare terrificante, fece quanto promesso e scandì le
Ailene♥
Sep 28, 2013 Ailene♥ rated it it was amazing
When a book's that good, I have nothing much to say. I don't know why. But for some reason, this story got to me. The storyline wasn't even that original. Nothing extraordinary. But I felt every emotion in it. I could relate well to them. The main characters stood out especially the hero, Jake Titus.

I seriously have nothing left to say... I just loved it...

Ellelou
Oct 05, 2013 Ellelou rated it really liked it
A playboy with a reputation to save, a news-reporter with a job to keep and a heart to protect, add a wicked grandma and you'll have perfect entertainment!
Mary
Sep 03, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
"I want to ruin you for anyone else's kisses. I want to brand you as mine. I want to hear you say my name, not because you're irritated, but because you're so damn turned on you can't think straight. I want to do that to you. I want to make you mine."

Thank heavens for Rachel Van Dyken! I actually browsed through The Bet once again before diving into this one just to bring back all those Titus family lovin' feels. And dare I say that this was actually even better than the first!

I actually w
May Mostly Romance
Oct 02, 2013 May Mostly Romance rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
I received this book from GCP via NetGalley.

I am eying Rachel Van Dyken's book since her book "The Bet" landed on New York Time Bestseller List. However, I do not really like love triangle plot so I do not pick "The Bet" up to read yet. However, since this book had been offered on NetGalley and I like the blurb, I decided to request it.

I usually request the book I am more than likely to love. I really hate to write a low star review. It is not easy and uncomfortable. Sadly this book is one of t
Stephanie D
Oct 08, 2013 Stephanie D rated it it was ok
OMG!!

Everybody loved it. Except me!!!

I just found it boring. And silly. I mean, it was sooo different from the first book.

It was weird, I didn't feel the connection between Char and Jake. I could feel Jake and Kacey's connection better.

I don't understand Char's pull. I just don't. What makes her exceptionally different. Or what sets her apart from others. I like Jake's character better, atleast his was developed. He became a better person, etc.

I'm sorry, the first one was really good with grea
Bianca
Sep 20, 2013 Bianca rated it did not like it
I regret reading this because it ruined my perfectly fun and nice impression of The Bet. Because this book tries too hard to follow the atmosphere of the first one it borders on being insane. That, and Jake gets a sudden epiphany and boom - he gets his redemption.

If you read The Bet and loved it, I suggest skipping this one. Or at least skip the Jake and Char part to get to Travis and Kacey.
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
La recensione sul blog qui: http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Ho trovato questo secondo romanzo della serie new adult The Bet ancora più bello del primo! Non avrei mai pensato di dirlo, soprattutto perché durante la lettura di “Quello che sei per me”, Jake Titus mi sembrava solamente uno sbruffone superficiale e non mi entusiasmava particolarmente … Invece mi sono dovuta ricredere!
Jake Titus e Char Lynn, rispettivamente il fratello di Travis e la migliore amica di Kacey, sono i due protag
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Rachel Van Dyken’s The Bet will always have a special place in my heart, not just because it was the first book I reviewed for my blog, but because the complicated love triangle between the Titus brothers and their childhood friend, Kacey one of the funniest, sweetest, and most heartwarming stories I’ve had the pleasure of reading. In The Wager, Jake Titus gets to redeem himself from his previous womanizing ways when he comes in close contact with childhood friend and former fling, Char Lynn. Sp ...more
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided through NetGalley for an honest review.

3.5 Wedding Stars

Char had the biggest crush on Jake Titus, Kacey's other best friend, since they were kids. That is until, the 8th grade, when he showed that he wasn't the prince charming she was looking for. But one drunken night a year ago, leads to a one-night-stand and a two word note left by Jake saying "Thank you." So angered by this, Char promised herself that the next time she saw him, she would give him a piece of her mind. She didn'
Julie
Oct 01, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
I'll admit, I've been a fan of Rachel Van Dyken's books for some time now. I was fortunate enough to read The Bet before it was released back when it was self-published - I loved the story of two brothers who made a bet as little boys that they each belived they would marry their best friend and neighbor Kacey. Well, older brother Travis won The Bet and in this amazing sequel The Wager we learn of a crazy wager between Grandma Nadine and Travis/Kacey.

Let's not mince words here, younger brother J
Lindsay
I love Rachel Van Dyken, and while this book was good, it just wasn't for me.

I hated Jake in The Bet and he just didn't do it for me in this one. I kept thinking that Char could do better and I really didn't care if Jake got a HEA.

Overall, it is a good book....I just hold grudges.
Jennifer Wolfel
Sep 24, 2013 Jennifer Wolfel rated it it was amazing
Ok so after reading The Bet I truly hated Jake I thought he was a pompous spoiled little rich boy that held no regard for others feelings as long as he got what he needed and wanted… It was so easy for him to be a jerk because he basically had everything handed to him. Well that was all about to change in The Wager. When the tables are turned on an unsuspecting Jake, Grandma takes over and boy does she do a number on him!

What we get in this book far surpassed my expectations! I truly enjoyed eve
Jenn
Sep 27, 2013 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying that I never thought I'd laugh so much, or that I'd cry this much, while reading this book. My emotions were all over the place. I completely fell in love with this book.

Char has had a crush on Jake for practically all her life. But in Jr. high, she was tossed aside and was forced to give up on him. He was never gonna like her. So she goes on with her life until one night sends her in a tailspin that brings all these past feelings back up. And when they both are in Kac
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (The Game, #2)
  • Wish I May (Splintered Hearts, #2)
  • Strip Me Bare (Strip You, #2)
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
  • Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)
  • Breakaway
  • Beyond Broken
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • Torn (Connections, #2)
  • Sex Snob
  • Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1)
  • Smart, Sexy and Secretive (The Reed Brothers, #2)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Love to Love Her (Silver State Series)
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • Out of Time (Out of Line, #2)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...
More about Rachel Van Dyken...

The Bet (3 books)
  • The Bet (The Bet, #1)
  • The Dare (The Bet, #3)

“Maybe that's what love's all about. You share the good and the bad, and hope to God that in the end the person will still be waiting for you on the other side. Marriage is a complete and total leap of faith -- I've always thought of myself as a risk taker. The greatest risk of all is pursuing someone with your entire heart, knowing that it's completely possible they won't want you back.” 18 likes
“Don't let yourself drown. Don't run or swim away from the safety of the boat. The boat, that's your home, your family, your life. The preserver that keeps you afloat will always be your wife, your partner. Without a preserver you drown, a preserver without something to hold onto has no purpose, so you see, you need each other...you need to rely on one another for everything. Never forget that if it's not worth fighting for, it's not worth having.” 11 likes