Blank-133x176
A Well-Deserved Murder

Katherine John

A Well-Deserved Murder (Detective Trevor Joseph Series #5)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  10 reviews
There have always been neighbours from hell. Some deserve to die, but most people stop short of murder. When Sgt Peter Collins looks at Kate Graham's axe-battered corpse, he has to ask himself if his cousin, Alan, didn't.
Published July 1st 2012 by Cheever Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Well-Deserved Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Well-Deserved Murder

Chris Copley
Julie
A grisly murder in suburbia and the evidence mounts quite quickly against an innocent man. The story plays out with additional lines of enquiry leading to more and more suspects and motives. It baffled me by the time I was half way through the book and I like to be baffled - what's the point of a mystery that's predictable? Gradually things became clearer with the author pacing the story well and although by the end I had half guessed the answer I felt the time spent in reading was rewarded and...more
Adrienne Testa
Any one who watches the British mysteries on American PBS will enjoy this series. It gets a bit wordy towards the last few chapters. And, you can figure out the bad guys but it is worth the time to read. Trevor Joseph and his team investigates the murder of a suburban house wife, who no one liked and a nosy neighbor who records the activity on the street. Inspector Joseph has a whole bunch of suspects and a whole lot of information but no evidence. Not surprising who did it and why but loved how...more
Carrie Bray
Took a bit for me to get into but once it did I couldn't put it down. Its been a long time since I've read a book and not been able to figure out who done it, so that was awesome as well. The British words added some fun as well learning gaol is jail in British, kinda cool and refreshing from some american slang. I usually get my books free on amazon and this was a great one to come across.
Jean
A other good read from Katherine John. Trevor Joseph is faced with an axe murder of one of the occupants of cul-de-sac in the town. In spite of his best efforts he keeps drawing a blank and finds his life on the line before the murderer is arrested.
Jan Ashley
I liked this book, but it took me a while to get into it...the characters are quite strong, but I found the story didn't really get going until about half way through. Once the pace picked up a bit, I enjoyed it!
Emmi Mokhtar
A great read, I couldn't put it down. On par with Elizabeth George's Lynley series.
C.M. Donaldson (aka Pearl Barley)
It was not too complicated with good development of the characters. It would just so happen that the neighbour being complained about the most - a thorn in the side of her other neighbours - ends up dead. Not only that but everyone seems to have a reason to kill her. Our Sergeant Peter Collins in charge of the case has a particularly trying job to do because it was his own cousin, who incidentally lived next door who complained most bitterly, is now in the frame, with all the evidence pointing d...more
Candice Ellis
Great read!

I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and very interesting. I thought I had it figured out but it kept me guessing right up to the end and I was still only half right. I would read other books written by this author. Easy read and very entertaining.
Pam
One of those books you just cant put down,it had me on the edge of my seat.
Sam
Sam added it
Aug 26, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Hesta Rafuse
Hesta Rafuse marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Yvonna
Yvonna marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Warrene C.
Warrene C. marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
John Griffiths
John Griffiths marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Beth Rea
Beth Rea marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Carlos Sanchez
Carlos Sanchez marked it as to-read
Jangler
Jangler marked it as to-read
Kelly Scarrott
Kelly Scarrott marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Katherine John is a pen name of the author Catrin Collier. She was born and brought up in Pontypridd and worked for a while in Europe and America before returning to her native Wales. She now lives on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea, with her family.
More about Katherine John...
Without Trace Black Daffodil Midnight Murders (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #2) By Any Name The Corpse's Tale