Start by marking “A Well-Deserved Murder” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Well-Deserved Murder

Katherine John

A Well-Deserved Murder (Detective Trevor Joseph Series #5)

There have always been neighbours from hell. Some deserve to die, but most people stop short of murder. When Sgt Peter Collins looks at Kate Graham's axe-battered corpse, he has to ask himself if his cousin, Alan, didn't.
Published July 1st 2012 by Cheever Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Well-Deserved Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Well-Deserved Murder

Julie
Jul 13, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A grisly murder in suburbia and the evidence mounts quite quickly against an innocent man. The story plays out with additional lines of enquiry leading to more and more suspects and motives. It baffled me by the time I was half way through the book and I like to be baffled - what's the point of a mystery that's predictable? Gradually things became clearer with the author pacing the story well and although by the end I had half guessed the answer I felt the time spent in reading was rewarded and ...more
Chris Copley
Adrienne Testa
Jun 23, 2013 Adrienne Testa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Any one who watches the British mysteries on American PBS will enjoy this series. It gets a bit wordy towards the last few chapters. And, you can figure out the bad guys but it is worth the time to read. Trevor Joseph and his team investigates the murder of a suburban house wife, who no one liked and a nosy neighbor who records the activity on the street. Inspector Joseph has a whole bunch of suspects and a whole lot of information but no evidence. Not surprising who did it and why but loved how ...more
Carrie Bray
Nov 11, 2013 Carrie Bray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took a bit for me to get into but once it did I couldn't put it down. Its been a long time since I've read a book and not been able to figure out who done it, so that was awesome as well. The British words added some fun as well learning gaol is jail in British, kinda cool and refreshing from some american slang. I usually get my books free on amazon and this was a great one to come across.
Jean
Jun 14, 2013 Jean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A other good read from Katherine John. Trevor Joseph is faced with an axe murder of one of the occupants of cul-de-sac in the town. In spite of his best efforts he keeps drawing a blank and finds his life on the line before the murderer is arrested.
Jan Ashley
I liked this book, but it took me a while to get into it...the characters are quite strong, but I found the story didn't really get going until about half way through. Once the pace picked up a bit, I enjoyed it!
Candice Ellis
Great read!

I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and very interesting. I thought I had it figured out but it kept me guessing right up to the end and I was still only half right. I would read other books written by this author. Easy read and very entertaining.
Emmi Mokhtar
Jun 25, 2013 Emmi Mokhtar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read, I couldn't put it down. On par with Elizabeth George's Lynley series.
susan abson
Feb 21, 2017 susan abson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well deserving of praise!

This book is a great read with enough twists and turns to suit anyone. I highly recommend this book to all your readers.
Pearl Barley
Dec 15, 2013 Pearl Barley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was not too complicated with good development of the characters. It would just so happen that the neighbour being complained about the most - a thorn in the side of her other neighbours - ends up dead. Not only that but everyone seems to have a reason to kill her. Our Sergeant Peter Collins in charge of the case has a particularly trying job to do because it was his own cousin, who incidentally lived next door who complained most bitterly, is now in the frame, with all the evidence pointing d ...more
Michelle Douglas
This was another good read from Katherine John. This time Joseph and Collins were investigating the murder of a suburban housewife-an axe in the head does have a tendency to do that! No-one appeared to like her in the cul-de-sac where she lived with her gay husband and two unruly children. Her nosiness got in the way of a drug gang who then took her out but the list of suspects is endless
James McLellan
Apr 20, 2016 James McLellan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Jeana

This is another must read riveting novel. The frightening and surprise ending is just another pus to this author's expertise as a Mystery novelist. Thank you for another great read.
Sam
Jan 02, 2016 Sam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good storyline,kept you gripped and all came together in the last two chapters! You got to know the character. Good ending.

If you want to read something quick this is an ideal choice!!
Very well written and would read other books by this author.
Barry Reeder
Aug 07, 2016 Barry Reeder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice start for a new author to me.

I enjoyed the way the characters were developed and liked how I was made to fee as if I would have liked to know more about them. The story was a good mystery and I look forward to more.
Pam
Mar 13, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of those books you just cant put down,it had me on the edge of my seat.
tone
Sep 05, 2015 tone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Well-deserved Murder

First Katherine John story where I knew who done it and why from the beginning. The story had very interesting characters.
Michele bookloverforever
an unpleasant woman is murdered and the cousin of a. detective framed for it. good story
Michael Pastukhov
Jun 28, 2015 Michael Pastukhov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense

A good book this author is great. This was fast paced the characters stay true to form and great ending.
Meinwen Sayle
Light, enjoyable read.
linda woodwardsamtheman
e .

Enjoyed the fast pace of this book. The characters drew you into their lives and their relationships. The plot kept you wanting to read more.
Cathy
Dec 31, 2015 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read but as it was listed as Book 6 in the series, I'm confused as to why Daisy was pregnant in the last book and suddenly she's not pregnant yet.
June Davidson
June Davidson rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2015
M. Russell
M. Russell rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2016
alan gunningham
alan gunningham rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2016
Katherine Porter
Katherine Porter rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
David Walter Nicholls
David Walter Nicholls rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Without Any Warning (Samantha Jamison Mystery, #2)
  • What You See (Jesse Watson Mysteries, #1)
  • Kindred Crimes
  • Buyer's Remorse (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #3)
  • Convictions
  • Revenge of the Crafty Corpse (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery, #3)
  • Parrish the Thought (A Christine Sterling Mystery, # 3)
  • Terminal Ambition, A Maggie Mahoney Novel
  • Golden Eggs and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 4)
  • Sweet Delicious Madness and the Many Mysterious Deaths of Silvio Berlusconi (Kissed in Italy Mystery, #1)
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Buried (Pennyfoot Hotel #4)
  • The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)
  • Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2)
  • Unlikely Killer
  • Rubbed Out (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #4)
  • Guilt Trip (A Blanco County Mystery #4)
  • Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
  • Regan O'Reilly, Private Investigator (Regan O'Reilly #1)
Katherine John is a pen name of the author Catrin Collier. She was born and brought up in Pontypridd and worked for a while in Europe and America before returning to her native Wales. She now lives on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea, with her family.
More about Katherine John...

Detective Trevor Joseph Series (6 books)
  • Without Trace
  • Midnight Murders (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #2)
  • Murder Of A Dead Man (Trevor Joseph S.)
  • Black Daffodil