Start by marking “Basara, Vol. 27” as Want to Read:
Basara, Vol. 27

Basara, Vol. 27 (Basara #27)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  262 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Published May 13th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Basara, Vol. 27, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Basara, Vol. 27

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

In this special collection of side stories, join Sarasa and Shuri after the war, as they rebuild Japan and travel the world together. In the distant Huang Empire, Sarasa is infected with a fatal disease--but will Shuri betray the Huang Emperor to save her? And when the new Japanese government is beset with turmoil, it's up to two children to convince a reclusive hermit named Hayato to lead his country.

Finally, Yumi Tamura offers a glimpse of life before the apocalypse...before the ruine
Jody Mena
I can't believe the story is really over! It pains me that I can only give this manga 5 stars - it deserves many more! When I first found it, I was sure it would be something like Fist of the Northern Star, extremely shounen - just goes to prove that you really can't judge a book by its cover! Though it is a post-apocalyptic action-adventure war story, it is still very much a shoujo manga, with a lot of complicated emotions surging here and there and everywhere. The characters are some of the mo ...more
Sinai C.
Sigh...I think I need to cry. This...was...the end of Basara. I wish I could take it back and just read it all over again. This is definitely one of the most unique mangas I have ever read. This was another extra-volume to tie everything up, pair everyone up with someone, and make at least, everyone live happily ever after somehow. I was especially emotional with the last page, since it ended with Sarasa as a kid again, right before she meets the Red King. In this volume, we find out what happen ...more
Vina Raintree

Nah inilah jadinya kalau seseorang seperti saya mementingkan cover diatas segalanya. Saya jadi nggak jeli dengan isi dari komik yang panjangnya ada 27 volume ini.

Setelah mencicipi volume 1, bisa dibayangkan betapa besarnya penyesalan sekarang karena baru aja tau kalo komik ini SANGAT BAGUS.

Sasara yang berubah dengan kesadaran sendiri menjadi Tatara, seorang perempuan berumur 16 tahun yang menguatkan diri dengan tujuan membalaskan dendam desanya yang hancur dan kakak serta ayahnya yang mati dia
TeFo
Penny
At first i thought that this manga would be boring, but it's turns out it is actually a great read!
So many love triangles you'll still be wondering who Sarasa chooses in the end.

Basically it has to do with an era where people are trying to overturn the kings positions so that they can be free from tyranny....stuck in the middle is a young girl who has no other choice than to lead these people towards their new future...
Ken Yuen
More stories should do fleshed-out epilogues like this. It's always sad to see a world and group of characters end after the main conflict. If you really love a group of characters, you should be glad to see more stories about them and what happens to them.
Ayanami Faerudo
I'm just adding the last volume in the series in my Goodreads since...well, it will clutter up my list.

I consider the entire series as one story, as one book.

....
ASDDFHGJKL;'~@#$%^&*@!

Basara you dummy, why are you so perfect!!!

ASDDFHGJKL;'~@#$%^&*@!

Why are you not popular? Why aren't there many people who knows about you? You're better than most manga out there!?! You and Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori, where have you been all my life!?!

You guys, you guys, you really have to read this!

One o
Reader17 Der
I really enjoy this series. This volume was centered around the other characters how some of them meet, how some of them are doing now. It also had a little of how Sarasa and Shuri are doing in the future. They even had a story about the great grandparents. I enjoyed reading these stories. Some of them where really cute and made me laugh, others where sad. I enjoyed this series. I hope if you read it you do to.
Marielle
This series was SO AMAZING!!! Read it right now!!! I love Sarasa and Shuri so much!! <3 Actually, I love ALL of the characters SO MUCH!! But their kids are SO ADORABLE I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT!!!
Fitriani Titin
Fitriani Titin marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 8
  • Kekkaishi, Vol. 16 (Kekkaishi, #16)
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Vol. 19
  • Eternal Sabbath, Volume 6
  • Silver Diamond 3
Name (in native language): 田村 由美
Birth Date: September 5
Zodiac: Virgo

Tamura is an avid RPG videogamer - Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, etc. She also loves to read mystery books, and going on the computer to chat with her fans.
More about Yumi Tamura...

Basara (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Basara, Vol. 1