Start by marking “Celebrating Silence: Excerpts from Five Years of Weekly Knowledge 1995-2000” as Want to Read:
Celebrating Silence: Excerpts from Five Years of Weekly Knowledge 1995-2000

Celebrating Silence: Excerpts from Five Years of Weekly Knowledge 1995-2000

4.76  ·  Rating Details ·  1,288 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Celebrating Silence is a collection of the weekly discourses (1995 to 2000) organized by theme rather than by chronological order. This book is both insightful and a practical guide given from the depth of an ancient lineage of wisdom.
Published June 1st 2001 by Art of Living Foundation

Catrina
Jan 09, 2008 Catrina rated it it was amazing
Every day I need some knowledge to live by, I pick up this book. Every time I am going through a challenge and need some guidance I pick up this book. Everytime I need to believe there is something greater than me, I pick up this book.....It is amazing!
Sweta
May 28, 2012 Sweta rated it it was amazing
There are some books that change your life :) this book changed mine. A prized possession!!!
Sunil
Aug 02, 2009 Sunil rated it it was amazing
I learned to live a better life. There is so much knowledge in this book. Everyone has to read it.
Daniel
Jan 07, 2010 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
this is my handbook for life!
Marco
Jan 18, 2016 Marco rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
A nice collection of thoughts and quotes. I must admit I dont understand some of them and there are others that I dont agree with, however I definitely found a few inspiring gems in there! Its a great book to have around and read a couple of pages at a time. ...more
Shrikrishna Potdar
Sep 05, 2012 Shrikrishna Potdar rated it it was amazing
This is really a nice book. One of my friend gifted me this on Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Birthday last year. (13 may 11) & Whenever I am stuck with some or the other problem this is the most inspirational book I pick up and read any random page & it relaxes me. This is the best gift for me from then.
Ashwini
Jan 15, 2014 Ashwini rated it really liked it
The principles of leading a good life seem so simple when seen in isolation. Reading some parts of this book you feel...aah so true, now it should be easy to cure this fault of mine! Yet when all of them are summed up together in our life, it gets so complicated!
Aniket
Feb 05, 2014 Aniket rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book for all days and seasons. Snippets of deep wisdom, so simply put. Sri Sri really brings to life ancient wisdom in the scriptures making it easily relatable and applicable to our modern lives. A game-changer to change the prism through which we see our world.
Shon
Dec 10, 2016 Shon rated it it was amazing
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar founded the Art of Living Foundation, a UN affiliated non-governmental agency, and is the inspiration behind many charitable organizations devoted to the service of others. This paperback, edited by Bill Hayden and Anne Elixhauser, contains excerpts from five years of talks given around the world.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has a way with words and can demonstrate things in the simplest and the most eloquent manner. This book addresses some of the most important issues we have to d
Madhulika Desai
Feb 08, 2014 Madhulika Desai rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Short succinct practical wisdom and life-skills for leading daily life. Doesn't feel like I am reading something 'spiritual' per se as the stlye is light and conversational, but after reading it and chewing on it a bit, the spirit feels uplifted. The other beauty is that I can keep going back to the back as many times as I wish, read 1 page of 5, and it feels new each time. highly recommend it.
Ruhi Khanna
Feb 05, 2014 Ruhi Khanna rated it it was amazing
This is the best book I have come across!! And is a must have for all who draw inspiration from books!! Not only is this book a great spiritual insight..but it also acts as a silent guide to answers we seek everyday!!
Shephali Agrawal
Sep 13, 2016 Shephali Agrawal rated it it was amazing
This book is a keeper. I go back to it all the time. Whenever I pick a random page it seems to be perfect for what is going on in my life and in my mind at the time.
Shahnaz
Jan 21, 2008 Shahnaz rated it it was amazing
A good read before bed, one page at a time!
Or for those raindy, grey days!
Prabhat Gaurav
Jun 25, 2013 Prabhat Gaurav rated it really liked it
This book will definitely make your mind calm and fill your soul with joy and happiness, and gives you a Mantra for Real Bliss.
Ankit Bajaj
Feb 08, 2014 Ankit Bajaj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read.
Neiltiwatne
Feb 06, 2014 Neiltiwatne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading quite a few books on spirituality I Stumbled upon this masterpiece. It's more than a book really it just grows on you as it can easily be related to day to day affairs of life and indeed is very practical .The way it affected my personal life and the way it improved my life is nothing short of magnificent.There is one thing reading books on spirituality and another implementing those elements in real life and this is where the book proved me wrong.The manner in which the content is ...more
Alexander Luthra
Feb 09, 2014 Alexander Luthra rated it it was amazing
This book has been an inspiration for years. I still wonder about the fact that Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is able to convey such profound wisdom in such easily digestible language...

As it covers a wide range of topics that are relevant to anyone's life, I would recommend this book to all as a source of inspiration, practical wisdom, and practical techniques how to deal with life's day-to-day challenges.
Ari Karishma Dewi
Aug 12, 2012 Ari Karishma Dewi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book alow us to realize what is important to our life
H.H Shri Shri Ravi Shankar not bring a BIG thing to realize but a very LITTLE thing that everyone have but forgotten, LOVE that only thing who can mede us realize who we are

Juan Mosquera
Aug 31, 2016 Juan Mosquera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely a joy and amazing! Each page is a glimpse of guiding grace that has helped me in various situations just by opening up the book to a random selection.
Sj
Feb 06, 2014 Sj rated it it was amazing
Remarkable words of compassion, clarity, and wisdom on topics of life from a great humanitarian and saint. Like a GPS for any variety of life situations.
Aditi
Mar 08, 2012 Aditi rated it it was amazing
Let's talk with Guru ji , in this one he replies to my mind and soul...
Munkhbayar Baatarkhuu
Apr 10, 2013 Munkhbayar Baatarkhuu rated it it was amazing
A garden full of fragrant flowers and juicy fruits.
Rajan
Mar 30, 2010 Rajan added it
one of the best spiritual books that i have come across... knowledge personified
Natasha
May 07, 2012 Natasha rated it it was amazing
yearn for the beauty of silence.realise how beautiful inner silence is..
Basawareddy Gopsen
Jun 28, 2010 Basawareddy Gopsen rated it it was amazing
Very good book.
Sujata Sahni
When you know your capabilities, you progress however when you do not know your capabilities, you grow by leaps and bounds. What does Success mean? In general terms, every time one goes beyond their perceived limit, one claims success. However when one realises their unboundedness then no achievement is success. If one feels successful then one is actually underestimating oneself.

Real service is when you feel that you have not done enough. It is service withut any expectation for results. Remem
Dan
May 21, 2016 Dan added it
I read this book for two reasons
one - it's probably the highest rated book on all of goodreads. I have a great amount of respect for highly rated things, so took that as a good indicator that the book was worth reading.
two - normal people in India loved (and recommended) Shankar. In the West, only a certain type of person indulges in this type of material, but in India, a much broader range of people do.
+ Shankar also hates communists, so I thought that should count for something.

Anyways, the bo
Neiltiwatne
Feb 06, 2014 Neiltiwatne rated it it was amazing
Raghu Velagaleti
I just stumbled upon this book while searching for something to read in my free time. This is a must read for any person who wants to explore their spiritual self. It talks about every single emotion experienced by a human being. It takes the reader down a spiritual path and by the time the reader completes the book, he/she will end up looking for more and more ways to explore the spiritual world. The book will definitely change your life if you start following the principles given in the book.
Vaibhav Vats
Dec 08, 2014 Vaibhav Vats rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is like diary of What Sri Sri has spoken at times from cities to cites and countries to countries. His Holy words are kept into sentence in the pages of this book. I mean seriously the front page describes that it has answers to all mind questions. Yes it sort of has, the healing answers. Worth a read and re-read.
  • The Guru of Joy: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and the Art of Living
  • Stumbling Into Infinity: An Ordinary Man in the Sphere of Enlightenment
  • Vasistha's Yoga
  • The Dalai Lama's Little Book of Inner Peace: The Essential Life and Teachings
  • The Upanishads, Part 1
  • Destiny, Freedom, and the Soul: What Is the Meaning of Life?
  • The Path of Individual Liberation (The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma, #1)
  • The Heart Treasure of the Enlightened Ones: The Practice of View, Meditation, and Action: A Discourse Virtuous in the Beginning, Middle, and End
  • A Monk in the World: Cultivating a Spiritual Life
  • Whispers from Eternity: First Version
  • The Bhagavad Gita: A Walkthrough for Westerners
  • The Pursuit of Passion: Thoughts to Help You Navigate from the Darkest Hours to the Light of Inspiration
  • Living with the Himalayan Masters
  • The Lost Gospel Q: The Original Sayings of Jesus
  • Constructive Living
  • Faith: Trusting Your Own Deepest Experience
  • Practicing Peace in Times of War
  • Original Blessing
Ravi Shankar usually known as Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, born Ravi Shankar Ratnam, on May 13, 1956, in Tamil Nadu, India, is a spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation (founded 1982), which aims at relieving both individual stress and societal problems and violence, and which is an NGO with UNESCO consultative status. Frequently referred to simply as "Sri Sri" (honorific) or as Guru ...more
More about Sri Sri Ravi Shankar...

“Faith is realizing that you always get what you need.” 78 likes