Start by marking “Windows (Coming Home, #1)” as Want to Read:
Windows (Coming Home, #1)

Windows (Coming Home #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  1,317 Ratings  ·  178 Reviews
Lucas Beck crawled through Melinda James’ window every night. Each time, gaining a piece of her heart and leaving a bit of his behind.

Lucas was in love with the girl next door, but he ruined any chance he had of making her his. So, he moved on without her.

Lindy gave her heart to the boy next door, but he left her humiliated and heartbroken. So, she started a new life witho
186 pages
Published September 25th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Windows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windows

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyBully by Penelope DouglasHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine AllredPresent Perfect by Alison G. Bailey
Childhood Sweetheart romance novels
32nd out of 153 books — 133 voters
Hopeless by Colleen HooverBully by Penelope DouglasThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyRule by Jay CrownoverComplicate Me by M.  Robinson
I have Loved you for years....
195th out of 659 books — 906 voters

More lists with this book...

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
description

Review copy from Rockstar PR.

I was in pain the whole time. Part of me is whining saying 'Stop now please! Stop punishing yourself' and the other one is stupid telling me to just push through. Thank goodness the whiny part won. DNF-ed this at 60% and just skimmed the rest.

Let's start with Lucas. This guy can't seem to form a sentence without a b*tch, f*ck and/or any other cuss word. And he's a pig. This guy has no respect for women at all. He was always like..

'ARE YOU MY WOMAN?'
'I'M A BIG MAN AN
sraxe
Feb 07, 2016 sraxe marked it as do-not-read
The sample was all I needed for this crap book...

So, he proceeds to drunkenly take the h's virginity at a party, and then is all "whoops sorry" and leaves her there, naked and alone. She doesn't mind so much because she's been in love with him for years. Anyway, so she gets dressed and heads downstairs...and sees the H (Lucas) hanging out with this mean girl who always makes fun of her. And this happens:

"I know what I heard. You were doing Piglet in the bathroom," [Kelsey] says while looking at
Kirsten
Oct 01, 2013 Kirsten rated it did not like it
I'm sorry to say that I really didn't like this book. I love the whole best friends who become more premise so I was so hopeful but ended up extremely disappointed.

I really don't understand some of these 4 star reviews.

The writing was really bad - dialogue was often stiff and clunky. Contractions are a great thing - please use them!

*spoilers

The main character, Lindy, is very wishy washy and I just couldn't feel anything for her. Lucas was an immature ass and I have no idea why Lindy would like
Jodie Squelch
Sep 27, 2013 Jodie Squelch rated it it was amazing
Simply Awesome…..this is a sweet book of friendship, love and betrayal.
Meet Lucas, Lindsey and Tara, the ‘three musketeers’, children of cop fathers.
Their friendship bonds solidify when at the age of nine Lindsey father is murdered in the line of work.
“I’m sorry your dad died.” Lucas says.
Lindy wipes the tears from her face. “Me too.”
“I’ll share my dad with you.”
The tear jerking prologue tells us what happens to the three musketeers once they hit high school……..
Lucas becomes the high school ‘Mr
Belle
Oct 02, 2013 Belle rated it did not like it
(view spoiler) ...more
Skye Burling-Briggs
Aug 22, 2013 Skye Burling-Briggs rated it it was amazing
***BETA read 23/08/13***

“I’m sorry your dad died.” Lucas says.
Lindy wipes the tears from her face. “Me too.”
“I’ll share my dad with you.”

What happens when you grow up as part of the 'Three Musketeers' only to get to high school and have Lindsey, even with her beautiful blond hair and grassy green eyes, she is an very overweight, socially awkward, extremely intelligent, bottle cap glasses wearing geek.

Tara, a size 6 Band 'Cool' geek who is very attractive and super sweet.

Lucas, hot as hell quar
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog
Sep 23, 2013 Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog rated it really liked it
The prolog had me in tears and I am dying to read the rest! Emily Minton is extremely talented!

This book was SOOOO GOOD! The prolog had me crying and hurting for Lindy and the way Lucas treated her after one of the most important moments of a young woman's life. I wanted to hate Lucas but I knew deep down he would redeem himself. And trust me, he does. There are no cliffhangers in this book but keep a box of tissues on hand. ;)

Lucas and Lindy were best friends, but only when climbing through her
Kristina
Sep 06, 2015 Kristina rated it did not like it
Terrible. The manwhore jerk never redeems himself or tries to makeup at all for his disgusting behaviour throughout his relationship with Lindy. He emotionally & phsyically mistreats her, humiliates her, screws around like the sleazedog he is & yet, she loves him...what the hell exactly does she love about this unreedemable arsewipe?? Frankly, she deserves him. She's pathetic!
Deserie williams
Mar 30, 2016 Deserie williams marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
self note: sample makes this a hell no for me. reminder to look at sraxes review so I don't have to read the sample!
Dianne
Three young children, each the child of a cop, Lindsey, Tara and Lucas were close, then came the fateful day when Lindsey was told her father was never coming home, he died in the line of duty. Lindsey suffered through her loss and the grief by turning to food, became overweight and the butt of the cruelties of her classmates. As they become teens, the magical bond these three shared is no match for popularity and fitting in and Lindsey loses her best friend, Lucas to the call of the cliques, ...more
Heather andrews
Oct 06, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Lindy has been cut deep so I understand her not wanting to come home, "you try losing your virginity on a dirty bathroom floor, to a guy you've been in love with for your entire life. Then have him unr out of the room and call you a fat a**, and we'll see how you act." Lucas after four years still has the guilt of what he did and the love for his Lindy Lou, "I didn't even pass out when I blew my knee, but the thought of Lindy marrying someone else has me on the verge of going down." Lucas's dad ...more
Maureen Mayer
Sep 27, 2013 Maureen Mayer rated it it was amazing
I couldn't have been happier when Emily asked me to beta read Windows because this was such a wonderful book!

From the very beginning, I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to love or hate Lucas. He and Lindy appeared to be such good friends behind closed doors, but when Lindy found herself getting picked on in high school because of her weight, Lucas did nothing to stand by and add fuel to the fire. One night changed everything when Lucas hurt Lindy in the worst way possible, pushing away the
All Romance
Apr 09, 2014 All Romance rated it it was ok
I recovered an arc for an honest review and that's what I'm going to give.

No idea why this book got so many 4 star ratings.

The author was just lazy in my opinion. The idea of the book was interesting but every single piece of this was underdeveloped.

Lindy was a wet blanket. Lucas was a dick. Chad was a limp dick.

Seriously. There were so many good ideas but it's like the author took no time to develop any of them. Even the interaction between Lindy and Lucas was lacking. They'd get in a fight
Cheryl
Oct 12, 2013 Cheryl rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Sorry, but I hated it. Lucas' personality was super unattractive to me: constantly referring to girls (even if they are crazy) as bitches and acting like a caveman all the time. That's all after the way he acted at the beginning of the book, to the supposed love of his life.

I know some books are predictable but I don't like being able to predict every "twist." Think the only thing I didn't predict was the Travis Maddox reference, which only made me hate it more.

Some good writing, the story jus
seton
Dec 28, 2013 seton rated it it was ok
Shelves: d-n-f, craptastic, na-ya
Setting: Alabama

Sensuality: R

Wow, it's been a while since I've come across such a trailer trash d-bag H. I cant say that the heroine deserves better since she took him back so easily.

DNF since I didnt like either H/h and didnt want to waste any more time.
ChuCha
Dec 15, 2013 ChuCha rated it really liked it
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

They were friends since they were in high school, but unlike the usual type of friendship – Lucas Beck was close to the chubby, nerdy Melinda James at home as he crawled through the window at night, but at school, they were almost strangers.

some_text

Due to social hierarchy at school, Lucas would commit social suicide if he ever decided to be friends with her in public. Nevertheless, he had been in love with her since then.

One night, changed it all. It was supposed t
Sara
Sep 30, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
Kind of a cute, quirky, cheesy story.
The prologue is way cheesy with what happens between Lucas and Lindy. It happens so fast, and is over so fast and really didn't make sense.

Lindy and Lucas have grown up with each other. Their families are extremely close. Her dad and his dad were partners on the police force. Tara is her BFF who is just as close with her and her parents because Tara's dad became Lucas dada partner when lindys dad was killed in the line of duty. ***whoo** did you get all tha
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
==> Re-Read in October, 2015
==> Read in January, 2015

Review in Portuguese and English

O livro conta a história de amor do casal que começou na infância e se solidificou ao longo do amadurecimento dos dois.
Os dois são melhores amigos na infância, mas quando chegam na adolescência cada um enfrenta as pressões dos amigos e da sociedade e acabam se separando. Se reencontram já adultos e reconectam a amizade e o amor deles renasce.
Temos também uma trama que envolve o assassinato do pai da mocinh
Arlene
Jul 05, 2015 Arlene rated it did not like it
What could I say about this book that left me thinking, why did I spent my time reading it...Because I was hoping it get better, but it never did...1st of all Lucas, I didn't like this character what so ever, what an ass, his whole alpha male bull shit didn't do a thing for me..Lindy the love interest that I wish she was real so I could kick her ass...Lucas and Lindy are childhood friends, their were each other best friends..Lindy was overweight and abuse because of it by her school mate's, she ...more
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 12, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

Unrealistic and overdramatic but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't like this book.

I'm a huge sucker for best friends falling in love (even though at the beginning at the book the guy was an a$@hole) so this book fit right up my alley.

The main thing or people that annoyed me though we're Kelsey and her father. Especially Kelsey!! She's cray-cray and literally had the mindset that she was still in high school! Was she brainwashed that badly?!

And also, I had already figured out who was
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description ....

This was so, so good especially the beginnings of chapters. Amazing, and proof that second chances do come.
Shannon
Aug 29, 2013 Shannon marked it as to-read
I have read the PROLOGUE to this story!! All I can say is WOW...my heart was racing, tears in my eyes and goose pimples all over. CANNOT wait to read this one ;)
Dee
Sep 27, 2013 Dee rated it really liked it
Beautiful. I hope there is a second book about Daniel & Tara?! That epilogue definatly needs a follow up book ;)
Pat
Sep 28, 2013 Pat rated it liked it
Hoping for an early release!!!
Pupuce
Aug 26, 2015 Pupuce rated it liked it
Shelves: cute-favorites

4 years ago Lucas hurt Lindy really bad...
(view spoiler)

Fast forward 4 years of college and a broken NFL dream later
description

From then on, their relationship escalates pretty quickly...
description

Add to the mix a unresolved death (view spoiler) and some pretty fuck-up break-in
Linda Sims
Oct 30, 2013 Linda Sims rated it really liked it
SWEET ROMANCE

Lucas Beck and Melinda "Lindy"James have been friends since they were small children, every night Lucas climbs in Lindy's window. They spend hours talking, Lindy grows more in love with Lucas as time goes by. Lucas is the resident bad boy at school, quarterback on the schools football team he's popular especially with the girls. He never speaks to Lindy at school he keeps their friendship a secret. Then just before graduation Lindy's friend Tara persuades her to go to a party where
Christine
Sep 30, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Hmmm. This was cute - the story was unique, even though I guessed the mirror man, for the most part (view spoiler). My thing was I couldn't warm up to Luke. He was just an ass. Rude, crass, and unapologetic for it. (view spoiler) ...more
Vee Paige
Oct 07, 2013 Vee Paige rated it really liked it
*3.5* I really liked how this book started. My heart broke for Lindy and I was hoping Lucas would be doing some major groveling for what he said and did. In a way I did forgive him when Lindy did, because let's face it, he was a kid then. And he set out to prove himself to Lindy being all alpha and protective and knowing Lindy was the one for him. Now that was swoon-worthy. What didn't work for me was the constant turning up of the psycho-ex, Kelsey at almost every scene. There was already a ...more
♥︎♥︎ Demaris♥︎♥︎
Today has not been a good day book wise. Three books read and they were all pretty bad.

Windows has no depth at all, its as if the author is just drawing a composite of every other New Adult book character that they've read in the last couple of years and doing a bad job of stitching them all together to make a whole, they don't work properly, they're....Frankenstein!

Lucas, I suppose, is meant to come across as bad boy, Maddox Travis-like and instead he's just a straight up arsehole. Melinda is
  • Falling for Trouble
  • Whiskey Lullaby (Love Songs, #1)
  • The Dark Side of Desire
  • A Little Bit of Trouble (Little Bits, #3)
  • Her Best Friend's Lover
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • Soul Of A Woman (The Dark Souls, #2)
  • Play Me (Love Me, #2)
  • Ten Thousand Words (Ten Thousand, #1)
  • The Italian's Suitable Wife
  • Emerald Knight
  • It Was Us (Abby and West, #3)
  • Ready to Love (Damaged Hearts, #1)
  • Bittersweet Passion
  • His Young Queen (Steel Jackals MC, #1)
  • (Never) Again (Again, #1)
  • Sway (Sway #1)
  • The Fine Line (The Fine Line, #1)
7171978
USA Today Bestselling author, Emily Minton is a Kentucky native. She is proud to call the Bluegrass State home. She claims she bleeds blue–Wildcat Blue! She has been married to her husband, David, for over twenty years. They share two wonderful children.
Emily loves to read and has more books on her kindle than most people could read in a lifetime, but she intends to read every single one. She has
More about Emily Minton...

Coming Home (2 books)
  • Doors (Coming Home, #2)