Start by marking “The Woods Beyond” as Want to Read:
The Woods Beyond

The Woods Beyond (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls #6)

Lainey's day is turned upside down when she's captured by the Lost Boys while visiting Never Land! Tinker Bell and the Disney Fairies star in a magical early chapter book series for girls ages 6 to 9—The Never Girls!
Published April 22nd 2014 by RH/Disney (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Woods Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Woods Beyond

Jocelin
The 6th book in the Never Girls series and this one features The Lost Boys. In the beginning of the book, the author dedicates the book to students at Hancock Elementary. It looks like they requested that the Never Girls have some boys be included in the story. Sadly with addition of the Lost Boys, the story did not really pick up. Peter Pan is mentioned in this book but, he is not really present.
The story follows NG Lainey as she causes a slight ruckus in Never Land after almost stepping on fai
Oh My Bookness
Jun 17, 2014 Oh My Bookness rated it liked it
Excerpt:
Ever since four friends-Lainey Winters, Kate McCrady,Mia Vasquez, and Mia’s little sister Gabby- discovered a secret passage to Never Land, each day held the possibility of a new adventure. Mornings they woke up feeling like the luckiest girls in the world. Most mornings, that is.

What to say about the Never Girl book number 6, the book itself is ok, nothing fantastic or special at least this book and unfortunately I started from more than half way through the series. I have started a man
Kaye
Not much plot, but a decent bridge story in order to introduce the lost boys.
Jenny Humphries
Aug 28, 2014 Jenny Humphries rated it it was amazing
The Never girls is my daughter's favorite series, and this has been her favorite book in the series so far. She is 6, a girly girl, but identifies with Kate's sense of adventure. She also LOVES anything Peter Pan (which is why we started this series in the first place....girls! In Neverland!). So the introduction of the Lost Boys in this book was a wonderful surprise for her. It sounds like Peter Pan might make an appearance in a future book, which would delight her even more! I think these book ...more
KF-in-Georgia
Jun 15, 2014 KF-in-Georgia added it
Shelves: r-e-a-d
An 8-year-old started this in a R.E.A.D. session yesterday. The kid reads fast and well (how many 8-year-olds get "strewn" right off the bat?). I wasn't wowed by the book (only got through page 23 in our session), and apparently you need earlier books to get the back story and find out the rules for fairies (among other things). Also, at this stage the girls in the story are hard to keep straight. I've bought book 1 for my Kindle, and I hope reading that gets me up to speed.

This appears to be a
Ann Marie
Jun 16, 2014 Ann Marie rated it liked it
It was a girly girl book. The reviews for this one seem a little harsh. It is a child's story. Apparently you need to read previous books to be able to follow. I did not find the story that hard to follow. I think if you take it as it is written then it serves its purpose. I only read this one but see how this would be a good series for the younger girls. A way to get them into reading. i feel it has more than done this even if adults do not care for it.
Reagan
Sep 03, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing
At neverland Prilla said that Lainey was the most clumsiest clumsy ever!
Now, Lainey did not like that so she ran away into the woods away from pixie hollow.

In the woods she accsedently fell into the lost boys hideout. But soon enough she became friends with them. Them and she were having lots of fun while her sisters and the fairies were getting worried about her.

Will the fairies and the sisters find Lainey again? Read he book to find it all out.
Emma B
Mar 02, 2016 Emma B rated it really liked it
This book is about how Laney meets the Lost Boys and becomes friends with them. At first the Lost Boys head the girl's footsteps and thought the girls were pirates. When the Lost Boys came out of their hideout, they saw that the girls weren't pirates and didn't want to fight them. So, they all became friends.

My favorite part of the book was when Laney found the Lost Boy's hideout.
Zoey
Jul 22, 2014 Zoey rated it it was amazing
I love the adventures that they have. Sometimes they are cool and sometimes. I learn things.

Lainey broke her glasses. Her mom made her tape her glasses. Everyone made fun of her. I felt bad for her because I wear glasses too. I learned that your friends will be there for you even if you feel silly or look silly.
Cecelia
Mar 14, 2015 Cecelia rated it it was amazing
My favorite part about this book was when Lainey found a secret hideout in the woods and when the boys that lived in it got home she hid under the bed. The boys all had weird names like Tootles, Nibs, and Slightly. The boys were in animal costumes. Tootles was a skunk, Nibs was a rabbit, and the Twins were both foxes. There was a bear named Cubby too.
Janeandjerry
May 16, 2014 Janeandjerry rated it liked it
THIS IS ONE FOR VERY YOUNG READERS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 6 AND MAYBE 10...THIS IS THE 6TH BOOK IN THIS SERIES SO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE ONES BEFORE YOU MIGHT WANT TO START THERE FIRST....GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRIES CLAP YOUR HANDS...
Shanna Kunkel
Jun 30, 2014 Shanna Kunkel rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Finally Peter Pan and the Lost Boys have showed up. Well Peter Pan kinda showed up.
Gina
May 26, 2016 Gina added it
Shelves: emmas-books-2016
Finished 5/26/16
Erica
Jun 14, 2014 Erica rated it it was amazing
Violet gave this five stars. Her favorite part is the introduction of the boys.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it liked it
this book was kind of boring not exciting or anything like her other books
Natalia
Jun 15, 2015 Natalia rated it really liked it
Loved it
Sahana Jha
Feb 28, 2016 Sahana Jha rated it really liked it
When Laniey goes off into the woods, because Prilla was angry with her. It was a little scary.
NJS
Jul 07, 2015 NJS rated it it was amazing
I thought they were pirates. I love the surprise ending!! :)
Kaytee
Aug 10, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
it was very good when lainey meets the never boys and they tell her about peter pan and i thought the mermaid castle would be pretty it was a very good book
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Mindy Ann
Mindy Ann rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Mei Hsuan
Mei Hsuan rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Audrey
Audrey rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Gayatri
Gayatri rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
SpunkiiReader
SpunkiiReader rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Violet
Violet rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2017
Farmer Isabella
Farmer Isabella rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Keliana Lily
Keliana Lily rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Just Grace and the Terrible Tutu (Just Grace, #6)
  • A Warm Welcome (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #3)
  • Coco: My Delicious Life (Lotus Lane, #2)
  • The Secret Promise (The Rescue Princesses, #1)
  • Lara the Black Cat Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Magical Animals Fairies, #2)
  • Ginger (Dog Diaries, #1)
  • Little Red Quacking Hood (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe #2)
  • Sylva and the Fairy Ball
  • Jasmine: The Missing Coin (Disney Princess Chapter Books)
  • Aurora: The Perfect Party (Disney Princess Chapter Books)
  • Princess Posey and the Monster Stew (Princess Posey, #4)
  • Lone Bean
  • Gizmo (The Puppy Place, #33)
KIKI THORPE has written or adapted over fifty books for children. A former children's book editor, she now writes full time from San Francisco.
More about Kiki Thorpe...

Disney Fairies: The Never Girls (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • In a Blink
  • The Space Between
  • A Dandelion Wish
  • From the Mist
  • Wedding Wings
  • A Pinch of Magic
  • Far from Shore
  • Before the Bell (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #9)
  • On the Trail (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #10)
  • Into the Waves (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls #11)