Start by marking “Keep Your Eyes Open: The Fugazi Photographs of Glen E. Friedman” as Want to Read:
Keep Your Eyes Open: The Fugazi Photographs of Glen E. Friedman

Keep Your Eyes Open: The Fugazi Photographs of Glen E. Friedman

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Fugazi, one of music's most revolutionary and gloriously indefinable bands, played their first concert on September 3, 1987...see site for more info.
Published September 2nd 2007 by CONSAFOS WHOLESALE ACCOUNT

To ask other readers questions about Keep Your Eyes Open, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Your Eyes Open

Mike Mckenzie
A must for all fans of fugazi. Every picture is referenced by every single song fugazi released which for some reason I just think is cool.
Kylos
great photo book for those of us who remember this time / wish we remembered this time / just missed the chance to remember this time.

friedman's photos actually help place the gradeur that was fugazi in a frozen moment. i've tried to explain that they were huge to people who missed them completely. and the photo of the concert in dupont circle. that drives it home in a way that i dont think i could.

and i'll freely admit i never got to see them. and this book makes me wish i had.

Eric Norris
Glen Friedman, in his final words at the end of the book, says best what he has captured in these photos - deafening heart.
It's hard not to feel the heart swell looking at these pages remembering your own experiences at shows or to experience the audible memory of the song titles that serve as page numbers.
It is amazing how time flies...
David
Oct 21, 2007 David rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fugazi obsessives
Shelves: music
If you're a massive fan of Fugazi then it goes without saying that you'll like any scrap of new material related to them... even if it's just a coffee table book of nice pictures. Also includes an essay by the never-less-than-wonderful Ian Svenonius.
Dan
The very fact that this book exists makes me happy. Any book collecting the work of Glen E. Friedman is worth searching out. But a book dedicated to his history working with arguably the greatest band of the past 20 years? That is a prize. This book is fantastic. The photos are phenomenal, as is most of Friedman's work, and the accompanying essay by Ian Sevonius (?) about the philosophical, economical, musical, and historical aspects of Fugazi leaves you scratching your head with glee, even when...more
Juan Carlos M
pretty much perfect
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Marcello Donadelli
Marcello Donadelli marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Regan
Regan marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Christoph Hellmuth
Christoph Hellmuth marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Jesse Younce
Jesse Younce marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
David Quattrocchi
David Quattrocchi marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2013
Karl Bakla
Karl Bakla marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Walter Punsapy
Walter Punsapy marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Christin Wasson
Christin Wasson marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Carlos Alonso
Carlos Alonso marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fuck You Heroes : Glen E. Friedman Photographs, 1976-1991 The Fuck You Too: Extras & More Scrapbook Music & Skating Thru 04 The Idealist: In My Eyes 25 Years My Rules: Photozine Glen E. Friedman: My Rules