Start by marking “Burning in Water‏ (The Nerita Torlan Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Burning in Water‏ (The Nerita Torlan Trilogy #1)

Burning in Water‏ (Nerita Torlan #1)

Nerita is the twenty-two year old daughter of a water goddess who was given to Cari, a fairy, to be raised by on land. Her memories are bound and shifted after Cari disappears.
Gavan, her trainer, helps to strengthen her powers and helps her to realize her true potential. When she is old enough, he takes her to Camberton to meet the queen of the fairy folk, Rueh. While the
Published July 27th 2013 by Nevermore Press (first published August 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Burning in Water‏, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning in Water‏

Lucinda
Feb 27, 2013 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An otherworldly magical creation of inspired vision, intoxicating intensity and memorable characters that is breathtaking!

Exquisitely blending passionate romance within an imaginative fantasy creation, Arielle Caldwell has produced something exceptionally remarkable and truly fantastic. Swept away by this watery tale wherein a feisty, heroin plans to confront her enemy, I was dazzled by the assured narrative containing such depth and vision. The beautiful romance between Nerita Torlan and Gavan
Kendall {Book Crazy}
I read this book in about an hour because it is only 130 pages and I loved it! I honestly didn't think that I would love this book as much as I did! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to follow it after reading the synopsis which was a worry for me but I managed to follow it the whole way through this book and I loved it! I did spot a few spelling mistakes though but as Arielle edited this book herself I looked past them! The plot was so original! I dived right onto it and it just kept ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 05, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, and I loved the cover, I can't stop staring at it! This book has mystery, love, and adventure all wrapped into one. I really liked the scene where Gavan finally notices Nerita as more then just a friend, but someone who he fell in love with. "She looked up at him smiling and blushed when he couldn't stop staring. He knew at that moment, being sent to protect her was the right decision. He didn't doubt his feelings for her either as she had the ability to make him yearn for her ...more
Jean Brown
Jan 11, 2013 Jean Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderfully written fantasy story for anyone's entertainment. The characters are charming and interesting, and I like the way the author adds wit with the story. The way Gavin and Nerita's relationship develops is sweet and lighthearted. The cliffhanger ending is unpredictable and will leave you wanting more. I will certainly read the next book in the series. I would recommend this to everyone although it does contain adult content, it is written very clean for a general audience.
Jacquelyn Smith
Ahlic has taken everything from Nerita.
Now that her powers are getting stronger, she gets out to find him and take down his kingdom.

What amazing cliffhanger at the end of the story.....

Michele Riley
Dec 03, 2012 Michele Riley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book, I couldn't put it down.
Kelly Erickson
Arielle Caldwell’s Burning in Water had a very interesting premise and the story is nicely put together. But I found the language overly simplistic. Descriptions read like a first grader describing a coloring book. His pants were yellow. They were tucked into black boots. His shirt buttoned down the front. It was white. In some cases where several characters were introduced at once, the flat, two-dimensional recitation of what they were wearing took up a couple of pages on the kindle. Many of ...more
Myranda
Mar 24, 2013 Myranda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nerita lives in a world of enchantment. I love a story that leaves me begging to let me go along with the characters in their world. This was definitely one of those stories. I enjoyed all the characters and unique species that some of them belonged to. I give this a 4 star rating instead of a 5 because I would have liked for the story to have had some different world building. It seemed too quick in my opinion. Overall, I enjoyed the book and would definitely recommend it.
Megan
May 06, 2015 Megan rated it it was ok
Shelves: random-novels
I didn't hate the book, but I wasn't a great fan. I didn't know much about the book and I started reading it and thought it was for 13-15 year old but I was kind of wrong. So wasn't a fan of the surprise. The world didn't suck and the writing didn't suck, just wasn't a fan of the book.
Juliana Rodrigues
It was ok. It felt like a draft most of the time. The characters and the text could use a little bit more of depth.
The romance was a little bit off for me too. Galvan had some possessive and childish actions that I didn't like.
Felicia Tatum
Nov 14, 2012 Felicia Tatum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story! Full of action and hot romance. The ending was a cliffhanger and I can't wait until the second is released! Want to read more!
Taylor
Apr 14, 2013 Taylor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the concept of the story. I thought the writing was so-so. The love story is cute. There's several sex scenes which I didn't expect. Fast paced, pretty quick read.
Amanda
Aug 24, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: lendme-books
This was a fun read. I loved the characters. The story did seem a little rushed in areas, and some questions are left unanswered, but over-all a very enjoyable book.
Mark
Mar 23, 2013 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite it being short in length, I was deeply enthralled by Burning in Water and look forward to reading part two and the other books this author has to offer.
J.W.
so i was surprised by this book. Very interesting view on Fae/Gods/Goddesses, a good love story, cheesy but good, good side characters. Can't wait to read book 2
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2014
Traci
Traci rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2014
Sirena
Sirena rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Sierra
Sierra rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Danielle (Dannie)
Danielle (Dannie) rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Samantha Loving
Samantha Loving rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2013
Miranda
Miranda rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2013
Brittni Guillen
Brittni Guillen rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2013
Kim Kasenberg
Kim Kasenberg rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Jessica Burks
Jessica Burks rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2013
Ann Brock
Ann Brock rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Tori Garnett
Tori Garnett rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: I need to change the cover on my book! 6 164 Nov 28, 2012 10:27AM
Making Connections: 560. BURNING IN WATER by Arielle Caldwell 1 13 Sep 26, 2012 10:28AM
  • Protected (Ariya Adams Trilogy, #1)
  • Resistance (Saga of the Setti, #2)
  • Dancing Days (Helicon Muses, #1)
  • Breaking the Nexus (Mythrian Realm, #1)
  • Guardian's Grace (Guardians of the Race, #1)
  • Witch's Bell 2 (Witch's Bell, #2)
  • Girl Possessed
  • For One Last Kiss (A Grim Reaper Romance, #0.5)
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • The Species Within (Battles in the Dark, #1)
  • Witchy, Witchy (Spellbound Trilogy, #1)
  • Bayou Myth
  • Halfway
  • Ghost Hunting Diary Volume 1
  • The House on Blackstone Moor (The Blackstone Vampires Series, #1)
  • Daughter of Winter (Fairy Queens, #6)
  • Ghostly Guardian (The Demon Isle Witches, #1)
  • Elemental: The First (Primord, #1)
Arielle is a 28 year old mother of 2 little boys, wife of 6 years, proud U.S. Navy Veteran, poet, author, photographer, scrapbooker,and knitter. She began writing at an early age but never pursued it until recently. Starting with poetry, she progressed to books. She lives in Pensacola, FL with her family.
More about Arielle Caldwell...

Nerita Torlan (2 books)
  • Drowning in Fire (Nerita Torlan Trilogy, #2)