Start by marking “Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)

Shame on You (Fool Me Once #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  7,415 Ratings  ·  741 Reviews
War veteran Kennedy O’Brien is in the business of sticking it to the man—or at least any man who tries to cross a woman. After she returned home from Afghanistan and caught her husband in bed with the nanny, Kennedy lost her faith in men and started Fool Me Once Investigations with her two best friends. After all, there’s no better bounty hunter than a woman scorned.

When K
Published February 25th 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Shame on You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shame on You

Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
182nd out of 2,195 books — 9,798 voters
Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBe with Me by J. Lynn
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
49th out of 523 books — 2,664 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
Feb 28, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: lol-hilarious, angst
4 funny stars!

photo 4be005f7-2336-4f35-8e4f-2a2956b40d37_zps3b45c791.jpg

Tara Sivec is the queen of funny. Her books can always make me smile and laugh big time. This was no exception.

Kennedy and her two best friends started their own company after they were all burned by men. It’s called Fool Me Once Investigations. Kennedy is newly divorced. After serving in the military, she came home to find her husband screwing around on her. Now it’s just her and her two daughters and she’s okay with that. Working on a case to catch a bail jumper, she finds she h
♡Karlyn P♡
Aug 12, 2016 ♡Karlyn P♡ rated it liked it
3.5* -- Get That Rat Bastard! LOL -- Stars

When I first started reading this, it reminded me of those older short romances by Janet Evanovich from the 90's. They always had quirky characters, absurd plot points, loads of snarky humor, and some naughty sexy romance. SHAME ON YOU certainly has that same formula and was an enjoyable read, but the humor didn't work quite as well for me.

The Cast & Crew: One tough ex-military bounty hunter heroine, one cheating ex-husband, two awesome girl friends
Lisa Jayne
Mar 11, 2014 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
FOUR GRIFFIN CRAWFORD STARS.

description

This story was the perfect book for my easy reading needs, it came just at the right time and I happily gobbled this book up in one sitting. You can expect a little bit of silly, a ginormous amount of sexy and a heap of the giggles. Tara Sivec is a 'new to me author' and I loved her style, I'm now going off to discover more by the talented Mrs Sivec but until then here are my 'Fool me once' book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Kennedy O'Brien has sworn off love comple
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5--OTT--Stars!!

This was fun, funny, and entertaining....if not a bit OTT, trying too hard and silly.

I think if you're a fan of Tara Sivec or you're looking for something light and fluffy to read, then this is the perfect book.

My first thought was that it reminded me of the Stephanie Plum series....same silly antics. Kennedy owns her own investigation firm, Fool Me Once Investigations but from what I could tell there wasn't much work going on.

Kennedy was of course, completely badass....was fo
Amy (Foxy)
Aug 29, 2014 Amy (Foxy) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Reanell Tisdale
Fool Me Once Investigations is the name of Kennedy's business she owns with her two best friends. Kennedy's ex-husband cheated on her while she was serving her country and now she's determined to prove she doesn't need a man.

Griffin is a former high school friend of Kennedy and also her cheating ex-husband’s best friend. He's helping her catch a bail jumper and to liven things up he's proposes a 'bet' with her; if he wins she has to go out on a date with him.

In 2012 I read Seduction and Snacks
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 08, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
3.5 Tinkerdoodle Stars

This was a cute, silly, ridiculously silly at times, with a nice mix of romance read. I liked the story and the set up characters that should flow nicely for the rest of the series.

Three friends who are inspired by being burned by the men in their lives open a business called Fool Me Once Investigations.

description

The main character Kennedy, who’s marriage fell apart six months ago, finds herself picking up a bond case from her dad’s office. She is irate when she finds that she is p
Catarina
3,5 Fooling Stars

Kennedy is a war veteran, returned from the army to find that her ex-husband was a cheater. Now, after having divorced from him, she and two of her friends, also mistreated by men, opened an investigation office called “Fool Me Once Investigations”.
When Kennedy takes a case regarding a stolen Chihuahua (yes, you’ve read it right.), she thinks it’s going to be an easy cake.
But when things turn crazier than they should be, comes an unexpected help: Griffin. An old friend of the
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Mar 04, 2014 Tough Critic Book Reviews rated it really liked it
The best parts of Tara Sivec in one big anorexic book….

I really didn't know what to expect with Shame on You. Hell, I never know what to expect; it's Tara Sivec. Her writing is so multifaceted that you never know what you're gonna get. When my book arrived in the mail, I was shocked. My book was anorexic! It was suppose to be a book, but…but....It needed to eat more words. Tara! Why didn't you feed it more words?? Is it possible that 139 pages could be enough? Is it enough? Was it enough?

Tara S
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing

Kennedy returned from war, caught her husband cheating and started Shame on You Investigations with her equally scorned two friends. Now they use all that man-hating power for good by nabbing the bad guy. When Kennedy takes the case of the bail jumper she expects this one to be a piece of cake but she didn’t expect to have a partner on the case.

Griffin was her fellow solider, her best friend, long time crush and the best friend of her cheating ex. He’s also the man that she believes lied to her
Pam
“Sleep with one eye open, babe. Game on.”

Sexy, Cute and Comical. Although the end of the story is inevitable, its the thrill of the chase and the man who isn’t afraid to go head to head with the one who wants to cut his balls off. Totally perfect for a good laugh and a good time!

Fool Me Once is the baby of three women whose lost all faith in mankind, burned and scorned, these women get the job done to take all the lying cheating bastards out. For Kennedy O’Brien, Griffin Crawford is
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5...what in the heck was that little gem of crazy????

It's Tara Sivec, so lord knows it is gonna be off the wall cray-cray...she is an automatic one click every damn time for me. So the idea of scorned women with guns, potential criminal encounters, and well lots of hot sex....

However, for me this was too fast...too crazy too soon. Kennedy and her besties are all women scorned working as PI's...bounty hunters...a real life woman justice crew. When Kennedy gets a case it brings back her HS crush
Jen
Jun 10, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it

Kennedy, Paige and Lorelei are all best friends. They've all had very bad luck when it came to men, so they decided to start a company called Fool Me Once Investigations together. Kennedy served in the Army, following in the footsteps of all of the men in her family. Her bad luck consisted of coming back from a tour of duty to find her husband cheating on her with the nanny.

Her father is a bail bondsman and has given her a case to work on, but with a catch. He's hired a partner for her to work
Deb Dee (autumn delaney)
Feb 10, 2014 Deb Dee (autumn delaney) marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014
Teaser from Tara Sivec's FB post.

Read more teasers here.

description

Up for pre-order on Amazon! So is book 2 Shame on Me! Yay!

Pre-order Shame On You here..
Pre-order Shame On Me here..

Candace
Oct 12, 2015 Candace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans looking for a good laugh!
Quick and highly entertaining story! At first, I thought that Kennedy was too crass and I didn't think I'd like her as the heroine. However, I got over that quickly. She was hilarious!

Griffin is a great guy and a total hottie also. The rivalry between the two led to some very funny situations and great banter. They had great chemistry together and it was clear that Kennedy needed a guy that wasn't a total pushover. She'd met her match in Griffin.

The ending was great and I can't wait to see wher
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 18, 2014 Jacob Proffitt rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, unfinished
Unfinished around a third of the way in. So yeah, not my thing at all. If you like bumbling heroines who talk tough but trip over floor lint and stories manipulated by the author for maximum ridiculousness, you may have a more forgiving reaction. Let me put it this way: this is Stephanie Plum with fewer brains and worse coordination and cheaper laughs. Also: if she's an accurate example of a combat veteran I can only weep for the state of our armed forces...
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3 - A little too OTT for me - stars

While I'll admit this book overall was cute, it was also very cheesy and a little too over the top at the same time.

Kennedy is newly divorced war veteran with a teenage daughter. She helps her dad with his bond jumpers and takes a case.

photo tumblr_lygromDXET1ronaoqo1_500_zps26ce2382.gif

What she doesn't realize is she is partnered with Griffin Crawford, which is her ex-husband's best friend and her former crush.

photo tumblr_inline_n0jm1vaQPa1rpbzy6_zps53520f7b.gif

Needless to say she has a wee bit of a grudge against him. But you know she still has the hots for
Mary
Feb 28, 2014 Mary rated it liked it
Not her best and definitely not at par with Seduction & Snacks. But pretty much a light, sweet, and sexy read, which I still enjoyed :)
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 06, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
NEW TARA SIVEC BOOK!!!! Ahhh this sounds so good!!! *grins* To be released February 25, 2014.

When Kennedy takes a case to slap cu
♡Ann  Matalines♡
Feb 19, 2016 ♡Ann Matalines♡ rated it really liked it

Denia Books and Baubles®
Dec 07, 2015 Denia Books and Baubles® rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexyness, so-funny
This book was nice short read for me. I liked it very much. It actually brought some great laughs. I am gald that they ended up together in the end, and I love the punch scene, I think that is so awesome.
Brooke-True Story Book Blog
Feb 26, 2014 Brooke-True Story Book Blog rated it it was amazing

Well slap my ass and call me Tinkerdoodle. Seriously...Call me Tinkerdoodle. Please. I am in love with that dog for reasons that, unfortunately, I do not have the level of government clearance to reveal. What is a Tinkerdoodle, by the way?

I'm supposed to be doing something here, right? Ah yes...my review.

There is a new superheroine in town (a.k.a book world). She is extremely bad ass, super hot, sassy, doesn't take shit from anyone (especially a man) and is officially my role model. When I grow
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
I was rather disappointed in this book in all honesty!

I loved the Chocolate Lovers series! Loved it!

But this book just left me vaguely annoyed.

Kennedy O’Brien found out her husband was cheating, and dislikes her husbands best friend Griffin Crawford, (who was apparently also one of her Best Friends) as she thinks he knew about the affair all along.(although at one point she says she found out that Griffin knew all along a few months after she kicked the ex out, then literally a couple of pages l
Angela Richardson
Feb 25, 2014 Angela Richardson rated it really liked it
4 FOOL ME ONCE stars!!! This was Sivec gold!
Great lovable characters. Awkward and hilarious situations. Funny lines. Quit wit. Fast pace. A bit of hot and heavy sexy time. Combine all that together and you've got one mighty fun and enjoyable little read!! I just wish it was longer.
Am definitely going to read this whole series. I laughed out loud a few times during this and I loved the dynamic between Kennedy and Griffin. Awesome couple! And I craved a lot more from them! They had really fantas
Kristi, A Book Fanatic
Fun story! I'm all about a PI so I was super excited to start this book. It was cute. I enjoyed Kennedy and her friends. Griffin was cute and I loved their competition. This book was super short -- wth was that about?! I felt like we needed more .. More background, more girl antics, more Griffin ... You get the picture. Promising series - I'll definitely read the next one.
Reanell Tisdale
Feb 16, 2014 Reanell Tisdale rated it it was amazing
GD Tara

Always making me laugh and horny at the same damn time.

I can't wait for everyone to meet Griffin and Kennedy! This book is the perfect blend of comedy and romance just like all Tara's other books. If your looking for a fun, sweet, sexy read, this one is for you!

Full review to come!
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Quick but fun

Even though it was a quick book I found it a lot of fun. I laughed every time. Can't wait to get to the next book.
Renee
Jun 14, 2015 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, read-2015
GD funny book! The quirky characters had me laughing out loud so many times. There are a couple of rather steamy sex scenes too. This is not a BDSM romance though - those handcuffs on the cover are strictly for bounty hunter purposes.

I listened to the audiobook. Amy McFadden was fantastic and breathed life into all the characters. She spoke clearly and at a perfect pace. I loved how she was able to portray sarcasm, slight intoxication and emotions so well. Her performance added an extra star to
Julia
Mar 05, 2016 Julia rated it it was amazing
So funny and hilarious! In typical Tara Sivec fashion that will blow your mind with laughter.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Kennedy O’Brien started Fool Me Once Investigations after coming home from Afghanistan to find her husband balls deep in another woman. Now Kennedy along with her two best friends take down any man thrown their way. Only Kennedy seems to be having trouble with her current dog napping bail jumper, who keeps slipping from her grasp. However, the last thing she needs is Griffin Crawford”s help, but her former deliciously sexy best friend, fellow war veteran and lying rat bastard seems to determine
Lindsay
Ok, I'm turning into one giant bruise from all the times I've kicked myself over putting off books. This one just adds to the bruises.

I love Tara Sivec's chocolate series. And while I love to laugh while reading, I haven't been in the mood for one that would leave me in pain from laughing so hard. So, I put off reading this. But I'd seen so many good things about it and saw a group read in one of the groups I'm a part of that I finally gave in and decided to give it a try.

I have to say that th
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • Closer to the Edge (Playing with Fire, #4)
  • Frenemies (Girl Next Door, #2)
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
  • The Home Court Advantage (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1)
  • Promise Me Forever (Pomise Me, #4)
  • Shark Out of Water (Grab Your Pole, #3)
  • The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous, #1)
  • Sex Snob
  • Waking Up in Vegas
  • Black Heart (Cursed Hearts, #1)
  • Framed
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Boycotts & Barflies
  • The Other C-Word (In Other Words, #1)
  • Must Love Otters
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when they all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye ou
More about Tara Sivec...

Fool Me Once (3 books)
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)

“I love my best friends, but sometimes, I want to punch them in the face. Lovingly, of course.” 18 likes
“I hope his penis falls off. I hope it rots and falls off inside of Miss Teen USA, therefore causing her perfect, twenty-two-year-old vagina to rot and fall out of her thong when she sneezes.” 9 likes