Start by marking “Dżinn ” as Want to Read:
Dżinn

Dżinn

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  310 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Czy demon uwolniony ze starożytnego naczynia jest przyczyna fali tejemniczych zabojstw? "Słusznie powiedziane jest, iż prawdę często znajduje się w butelkach; lecz jeszcze słuszniejsze jest powiedzenie, że ze starych butelek pochodzą stare prawdy" (Dialekty Perskie). Ze starożytnego naczynia uwolniony zostaje arabski demon, dżinn. Czy to za jego sprawą w tajemniczych okoli ...more
Published 1990 by Amber (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Dżinn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dżinn

Icarus Akamatsu
When you pick up a Masterton novel, you really should know that all bets are off!!
The Djinn is a tidy little story and Masterton uses his skills to manipulate your imagination into seeing things a hundred times worse than he could ever describe (Although he is pretty damn good at it!) he just kind of, nudges (Perhaps I mean violently shoves?) you in the right direction :0)
This was far better than the last one of his books I read 'A Mile Before Morning / Fireflash 5' which suffered mostly from a
Donovan
It's the return of Harry Erskine, first seen in The Manitou. This time Harry's tangling with The Djinn, an Arabian supernatural entity (from which we get the English word "genie"). But this is no lantern-bound wish-granting jokester; it has 40 monstrous manifestations and they're all, well, fatal for humans. At 200 pages, you can read it in one night enjoying pulp horror goodness.

Plot ***Spoilers***
It begins with the funeral of Harry's godfather, Max Greaves, who committed a horrendous, self-mut
Lostaccount Darkpool
A fast read. Old school horror with a bit of old-fashioned male chauvinism thrown in. Felt a bit like a short story spun out to novel length. Not as a good as The Manitou, which it reminded me of.
PsypherPunk
Remember the days of VHS? When, prior to watching your selected film, you had to sit through an unpredictably lengthy series of trailers for all manner of crappy films? I loved that. I have immensely fond memories of cheap, schlocky horror films all seemingly narrated by the same guttural voice (too few of which I actually managed to see). All cheap thrills and even cheaper effects, and all made delightfully entertaining in a way seemingly forgotten.

That’s what I’m reminded of while reading this
Barbra
Another of Masterton's early horror books. It was a good, fast read but not one of his better ones. Readable but not a must read.

Back Cover Blurb:
It began with a curious investigation of an ancient Arabian jar and the strange legends of sorcery it symbolised. The legend and logic demand that the jar be opened - the secret of the djinn must be exposed to the light of reality.
Gerd
I've read both this German version and the original version, from the German translation there's a page missing, probably because it was deemed to gory at the time.
Chip
A fun quick novel, not really a must read but enjoyable.

Harry Erskine is the protagonist, but that is the only real link to The Manitou series.
Kasia
Scary. I don't think I'd like it anymore but when I first read it back in highschool all the blood and gore were good.
Bandit
Sweet, gory, fast and furious vintage Masterton. I have a different edition, but look at this great cover.
Mia
It's Halloween today. A good time to note that this book scared the heck out of me when I was a teenager.
L.L.
Jedna z lepszych książek Mastertona - przynajmniej mi zapadła w pamięć jako taka.
Chichi
Deliciously morbid and freaky! Loved!!
Melissa Helwig
Melissa Helwig marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Luke Padgett
Luke Padgett marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
  • The Everlasting
  • All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By
  • Assassin
  • Hunted Past Reason
  • Rulers Of Darkness
  • The Sleeper in the Sands
  • The Hungry Moon
  • Doctor Who: Snakedance (Target Doctor Who Library No. 83)
  • Doll's Eyes
  • Psychoville
  • The Pirate's Daughter
  • Nadya
  • Ja, diablica
  • Lori
  • A Manhattan Ghost Story
  • Doctor Who: Time-Flight
Graham Masterton was born in Edinburgh in 1946. His grandfather was Thomas Thorne Baker, the eminent scientist who invented DayGlo and was the first man to transmit news photographs by wireless. After training as a newspaper reporter, Graham went on to edit the new British menis magazine Mayfair, where he encouraged William Burroughs to develop a series of scientific and philosophical articles whi ...more
More about Graham Masterton...
The Manitou (Manitou, Book 1) The House That Jack Built Mirror Walkers The Pariah