Start by marking “Two Thousand Miles” as Want to Read:
Two Thousand Miles

Two Thousand Miles

A tragic event forces seventeen-year-old Kat Parker to move two thousand miles away from her cushy life in Malibu, California to a simpler one in Slidell, Louisiana, where she falls for the beautiful Mason Dugas and the Broussard's--the family who has
taken her in. But Kat fears she may lose them all when the secret she's been keeping is revealed and she's suddenly summoned
Published February 16th 2013 by Jennifer Davis

To ask other readers questions about Two Thousand Miles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Thousand Miles

Alexis *Reality Bites*
Jul 27, 2013 Alexis *Reality Bites* marked it as my-kindle-freebie-to-read
Kimberly
Mar 04, 2015 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: Though I had purchased this eBook over a year ago and it has been patiently waiting for my attention since, I volunteered to listen to the audio book version for review. What a happy win-win coincidence - a book off Mount TBR and an honest review freely given! As this is a review, not a summary of the story, please refer to the book blurb or look to other reviewers' summaries for a plot description -- this review will be kept spoiler free.

This is a 275 page, or just under a 6-hour, n
dominiquelaura
Jul 16, 2015 dominiquelaura rated it it was amazing
This book was full of laugh out loud moments. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t too sure about it in the beginning but i’m glad that I gave it a chance. I purchased the book thinking I’d read a couple chapters a day and ended up finishing it at 2 o’clock in the morning.

The book centers around a girl named Kat who leaves her home in Malibu after an accident happens to stay with a group of strangers (her father’s friends family) in Louisiana.. And of course, there was a super sexy love interest whose name
Lisa
Jan 13, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it
I liked this book for its storyline, intense romance, and some unexpected thrills and danger. The author is good at keeping you in the dark regarding why Kat is in Louisiana for the summer. You know something serious has happened but can't quite pinpoint what it is. Kat and Mason had some intense chemistry but this also happened to be a bit of a drawback because it was so over-the-top from the very beginning. There were a couple things that I found problematic. Characters were described as ...more
Anna
Nov 06, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
Five star rating for the audible edition!

The book is simple, easy, very nice written love story and I would prefer a more 'thrilling' ending, because it kinds of loosen in the end unfortunately.

However, I was lucky to hear Meghan Kelly (thanks again Meghan for this book and 'Tarnished'by Becca Jameson) and it was AWESOME!!!! She has a wonderful voice, she gives life to the characters and their attitudes.
New Orleans, French Quarter, South attitude and accent MY FAVORITES by far!!!!! Fantastic pe
Michele Adams
Dec 05, 2013 Michele Adams rated it really liked it
The book needs to be made into a movie. Rich, Malibu girl wearing Prada moves to the sticks of LA where she switches from mud facials to actually falling in the mud and cute short shorts to daisy dukes.

Despite my joke above, there is a good story behind the laughs and some more serious undertones regarding why Kat is really in LA. I really liked it because it was different from anything that I have read of recent. For a single book I totally loved it, it was a break from the norm and well writte
Kristen
Jan 31, 2015 Kristen rated it it was ok
Ugh this book. Idk why I bothered - I guess to find out what happened with Kats dad.

This was the first time that I noticed and hated insta-love. There was no build up whatsoever, and I hated how back and forth Mason was. Plus I felt like there were some inconsistencies.
Especially with characteristics.

The only thing I enjoyed was the mean girl, Dixie. Only because I love that type of drama against the heroine.

It also seriously bothered me that Dana, aka Momma, was so ok with teenagers drinking,
Shannon
Sep 07, 2014 Shannon rated it really liked it
Fun easy to read 'fish out of water' kind of story.

Edit:
I just finished listening to the amazing audio version of this book and had to add a star!

I don't know if it was the 're-reading' or the great narration bringing the story to life but it was a very enjoyable book. I had forgotten just what a sweetheart Cat was - so polite and down to earth despite her high-flying upbringing.
The best part of the book is the interaction between all the kooky secondary characters. They are such fun and Meghan
Kristy
Sep 03, 2016 Kristy rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. This was just okay for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't feel like it brought anything unique to the table either, nor did it have any super likeable characters. I also felt some of the transition for Kat was a bit too seamless for the major move and lifestyle shift she made. There's a mystery, but it's one that I feel like I've read before at least once, maybe twice. I wouldn't recommend this book, but I'd still consider reading something else by this author.
Stacy Boyles
Dec 16, 2014 Stacy Boyles rated it really liked it
T liked this audio book very much. It has a cast of 20-25 year olds but was not just for 20 somethings. It has some bad language and sexual content (nothing explicit) so not a YA book. It had a good story line, some mystery, young love and good family feel to it. I will read more from Davis.
Lindsey
Amazon Freebie 10/11/13
Jamie
Jul 28, 2013 Jamie marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-freebie
AMAZON KINDLE FREEBIE 7/27/2013!
Kim
(Audio version) Meghan Kelly's soothing whispery voice and outstanding conveyance of various regional dialects immediately grabbed my attention and launched my excitement and anticipation for an exceptional read.

Kat, a recent high school graduate from California finds herself in an environment completely foreign to her. From a wealthy background in a clean, "civilized" world - she is now in the bayou of Louisanna - thrown in with a group of others her age with whom she is forced to conform. She
Miranda
Oct 29, 2014 Miranda rated it it was amazing
Just WOW ! I know this was more of a YA book. And I'm not even entirely sure how long its been sitting on my kindle. But yesterday I flipped through all the new ones to figure out what I wanted to read and well this one won.
It was fabulously written. The author had my laughing out loud literally many a times throughout this wonderful book. Not only that but everything felt really, the way the characters talked in there bayou/southern way I started to go back to my own southern roots and oh cou
Csenge
Mar 08, 2015 Csenge rated it it was amazing
It's been two weeks since I finished this book and since then I read a few other books, so excuse me if I remember something wrong.

I bought this book because I wanted something fun and entertaining to read, and I can say, yeah, I got it all ;) I liked the characters, the mood, the story, and everything about it. Actually, I loved it :)

At first I was angry with Kat for being such a b*tch with the ex-girlfriend and lying about sleeping with Mason, but then I really got to like her because she was
Sep 28, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

This book was kind of interesting. I didn't read the synopsis before starting it, I just thought the cover looked interesting. It took forever for me to figure out how Kat was supposed to be, and everyone else. I felt like most of the book was ind of vague and I was constantly wondering what is going on. I didn't really see a strong love connection between Kat and Mason, but I could see they liked each other. I just didn't think their feelings got to the love point
Life Starry Eyed
Aug 02, 2013 Life Starry Eyed rated it it was amazing
Kat Parker is your typical Malibu Barbie kind of girl. So when she is forced to leave behind all she’s ever known and move to a small town in Louisiana things get interesting. The story being as 17 year old Kat is headed to stay with family friends. She is in for a rude awaking when she realizes she is over dressed and out of place. The upside to this turn of events is Mason… dreamy Mason. She is instantly attracted to Mason and even though she tries hard not to like him she can’t help. Then add ...more
Felicia
Mar 20, 2015 Felicia rated it liked it
Shelves: bbr
2.5-3
(view spoiler)
Terri
Aug 27, 2014 Terri rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read!
1st, let me say I read / listened to this book in audio format via audible.com. This book is perfect in audio as it has loads of southern accents, excitement, fear, romance & you can hear it all in the multiple voices! All the little things that make a book better, that I can't do myself.
Kat, a young girl who lives in California and ventures off to Louisiana, where she makes new friends & finds love. Kat works really hard hiding a secret about who she is & 1
Liz
May 04, 2015 Liz rated it liked it
YA book about 17 yo Kat who is sent to Slidell, LA from her home in Malibu due to a family incident... which you don't learn about until pretty far in. Slidell is the home of her father's friend's sister and her huge family.

It starts as a fish out of water story.... this kid is obviously going through something and she's privileged and self-centered and the kids in Slidell just aren't so much. So it's like 90210 meets those duck people, I suppose.

While in Slidell, she meets Mason and there's ins
Heather andrews
Jul 27, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
This book was a cute, fun, quick read. There was one character that was a total bi*** and needed to be taken down a peg or two, "buck up, rich girl. We do sh** different down here. Get use to it of get lost." Ugh Dixie pain in my a**. The woman Kat is staying with while in Louisiana is a hoot, "my rule about drinkin' is, it has to be done here under my supervision," Dana said. "And if you drink, you don't drive." Mason I liked him but sometimes I just didn't think they boy had his head screwed ...more
Debbie
Oct 14, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
This was a very sweet book. Loved Mason! From the minute Kat first sees him, it's basically love at first sight for both of them. The group of family and friends in Slidell are so much fun. What a great group to hang around with. Their conversations are hilarious and they always have a wonderful time. I pulled really hard for Kat and Mason. There are some ups and downs, but through it all love prevails. You discover towards the end what happened and why Kat went to Louisiana, and there are some ...more
Ryouko
Jul 22, 2014 Ryouko rated it it was ok
Two Thousand Miles had a solid start. I love the Broussard family and their effect on Kat's personality. However, when Kat has to go back home to "take care of buisness", there no transition and everything following her return is choppy and unbelievable. Not to mention her reunion with Mason; it's soooo cheesy!

Kat's character is crazy. She skips from being subdued and depressed, then wild and brazen, to possessive and nosey. And while they can be cute at times, her atomatic attatchment to Mason
Katlyn
Sep 19, 2015 Katlyn rated it liked it
Shelves: cute
I was given a copy of this audiobook in exchange for an honest review by the narrator, which will not impact my review. It was pretty cute overall! Very dramatic and enthralling, with funny bits along the way. However, I never really felt immersed in the book. I always felt like an outsider looking in as opposed to getting lost in the world. My favourite aspect was probably the friends that Kat met in Louisiana! They had wonderful character development and added a lot to the book. I would ...more
Frances
Jun 12, 2015 Frances rated it really liked it
a charming young adult audiobook.
I have listened and really enjoyed to quite a few Y/A books, dispite being over 3 times older than intended age group. This time I did feel that this one perhaps apeals slightly more to the younger audience.
this one has a great friendly feel about it , the main character being taken under the wings of the the family as if adopted and then falling for one of the "gang" , so lot's of typical teenage problems and relationships, ups and downs.
All that said it was st
Chelsi M
May 20, 2014 Chelsi M rated it really liked it
Kat is moving to go live with the family of a friend when tragedy hits her family. She has to go from a California selfie girl to a backwoods Louisiana redneck. She falls in love with a boy named Mason who teaches her to let go. But on the night of her birthday the whole family finds out the secret she has been hiding. She is forced to go back and save her fathers life and company. the enemy is who she least expects.
Dg
Jul 08, 2015 Dg rated it it was amazing
Spoiled brat gets a reality check when she goes to Louisiana to stay with people who are so down to earth and ends up falling in love and seeing how the other side is so much better than being the Malibu barbie she was before her drama. The book was good - at times it felt like it dragged but then in the end it almost felt rushed to complete the story in less than a chapter. I still like it and happy with the ending.
KStar0330
Sep 22, 2013 KStar0330 rated it it was amazing
I completely enjoyed reading this crazy story. Definitely not just for YA. Loved the setting definitely different from the usual, which was really nice for a change. Crazy quirky family, fun and friendship to be found in an unexpected place, a sweet little possible romance, add a little mystery with a twist and this was a wonderful quick story to read. Loved the crazy cast of characters. Most definitely worth the read. :)
Kelly
Oct 15, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, when I started reading this book I thought Kat was a spoilt rich girl with her, but as I was getting into the book she changed into a caring person who stop thinking of herself and thought of others, then there was Mason OMG what a dream he was a nice lad and started to like Kat as soon as he met her and Kat liked him aswell, I thought they where great together they make a lovely couple
Elizabeth
May 26, 2015 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I wasn't sure what I thought about this book the whole time I was reading it...and I'm still not sure. I'm glad I finished it and got some closure, but it wasn't exactly a romance or a mystery, though it had elements of both. I was just trying to understand the main character and why she was acting the way she did...without much success. Things seemed to work out a little too easily.
Audiobooks: Two Thousand Miles- Free copy for an honest review!! 4 44 Mar 06, 2015 07:29AM
  • Addicted to Him
  • Say Yes (Glenbrook Girls, #1)
  • Damage Done
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Hopelessly Broken
  • Embrace You (Loneliness, #2)
  • Love Redone
  • Winning Back Ryan
  • Love of Truth
  • Open Your Eyes
  • Second Chance Hero
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
  • The Guys Are Props Club (G.A.P., #1)
  • Storm Front (Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • Intentional (Intentional #1)
  • She Likes It Irish
  • The Lies that Save Us (Broken Heart, #1)
7201327
I am a Young Adult fiction writer. I met the love of my life at 17. We married and have two teenage daughters, two dogs, and a cat named Moo.

I believe there is a John Hughes movie appropriate for every occasion in life, and that anything is possible if you believe it can be.

More about Jennifer Davis...