Liberty

Liberty

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  28 reviews
A man she thought she knew. A passion beyond her wildest fantasies…

When Ryan Beecher returns home after a long deployment overseas, Lexy barely recognizes her husband. The man who left Texas for Afghanistan was cruel and abusive. The man who comes back to her is a badly injured stranger with amnesia—and no memory of their life together.

Lexy can't believe how much Ryan has...more
Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani Press (first published January 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Liberty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberty

Number the Stars by Lois LowryTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanMaus, I by Art Spiegelman
Against Discrimination
46th out of 87 books — 5 voters
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa SeeThe Women of Brewster Place by Gloria NaylorMe Squared by Jourdan CameronDining Out Around The Solar System by Clare O'BearaThe Girl Who Remained Elusive by Whitney Pagano
PoC Fiction
73rd out of 111 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Jackie
Imagine if you will, your military husband returns from deployment not with PTDS, but rather the opposite: a once verbally and physically abusive man is now sweet and kind. That's what happens to Lexy Beecher, who was just waiting for her husband to return home to hand him the divorce papers, having finally saved up enough money to pay the fees for the nursing home where her younger brother lies dying of a degenerative disease. After being wounded in a bombing, Ryan Beecher comes home scarred, c...more
Kimberly
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

I really enjoyed this story. It was interesting in how different from any other story I have read. The characters are enjoyable. I had a few problems with some of the things that were or were not done (DNA test, anyone?). But the story is so sweet and Ryan is so lovable it is hard not to enjoy him. I can see why Lexy is so scared and stand-offish but she comes into her own so completely that it is nice to watch.

I can’t see why this is considered erotic b...more
willaful
Reviewed from e-arc provided by NetGalley

Lexy has every intention of divorcing her abusive husband Ryan as soon as she can; his stint in the Marines did nothing to change her mind. But now, Ryan has been badly wounded and Lexy is torn: "Her conscience was speaking to her. The one time she wished it would fail her, it was loud and clear. You can't leave him like this."

Lexy is even more torn when she realizes that the Ryan who came back from the Marines is nothing like the Ryan who went in. Able...more
Harlequin Books
"The adage that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world becomes a reality in the war zone of the Middle East. This complex, engrossing novel tells of a man with no memories and a wife determined to start over - without him". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars)

Miniseries: A Redemption Novel
Cardyn Brooks
Whether she's writing as Sugar or Ginger Jamison, this author delivers emotional intimacy and tenderness between complicated adults in challenging circumstances. She juggles her characters' issues with themselves, family, friends and community with details that feel authenitically 21st-c. Liberty jumpstarts the Redemption series with Lexy and Ryan's poignant story. The scorching sex scenes just seal the love-story deal.

The odd disconnect between Lexy's librarian gig and her sexual innocence/ign...more
Clare O'Beara
On the same theme as 'The Return of Martin Guerre' or 'Sommersby' as it was filmed, an unhappy wife has a marine husband return - in his case, seriously injured and amnesiac.

This husband can't believe he was such a loser as to have beaten and alienated the lovely woman but all she wants is her freedom. She knows the women of Liberty, Texas, stand by their men, but she's had enough of his insults about her mixed heritage and as soon as he's well enough, she's leaving.

Gradually the two get to kn...more
Christy
First off I won this book from Goodreads Giveaway. Thanks!

I absolutely loved this book. You meet Lexy who has been married to Ryan since she was 17. They have been married for 10 years. Ryan is a poor excuse for a man in my opinion. So he goes off to deployment. He comes home to Texas hurt. Lexy sees him in the hospital. Could the man she sees be her husband. Or he is a changed man? He is gentle and loving. Not like the old Ryan. Ryan has lost his memory. This is a great read.

Is Ryan really Rya...more
DiAnn
I just finished Liberty by Ginger Jamison and think it's one of the best books I have ever read! I loved the storyline, the main characters, and the secondary characters. The author is an amazing writer and really leads the reader through a emotional and loving journey. No spoilers from me, but reading about the recuperation of Ryan Beecher and the hell his wife Lexy went through prior to his stint in the Marines is heart-breaking. The twist of the story brought tears to my eyes, but had faith t...more
Kathy
In Liberty, the first novel in Ginger Jamison's Redemption series, Lexy Beecher barely recognizes her abusive husband, Ryan, when he returns home after he is injured in Afghanistan. While he (mostly) looks like the same man who left, he certainly does not act like the same man she feared for most of her marriage. Which makes her wonder, is he the same man?

One of only two men who survived an attack in Afghanistan, Ryan Beecher returns to the small town of Liberty with very few memories. He has a...more
Kristina
I received this galley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Harlequin and Netgalley.

I'm usually not a romance person, but from the time I first heard about Liberty I knew that I wanted to read it. Though the story was very predictable and I knew from the first few pages how it was going to turn out, I still really enjoyed it. It was a quick read and I loved the characters.

Ryan has come back from Afghanistan with no memory about his life before the war. He used to be an extremely abusive j...more
--karen Green-berry
I was very disappointed with this novel. After reading the synopsis, I was prepared for an intense, heart pounding, page turning novel. What I got was a disjointed story wher

e the characters lacked Charisma and whose dialogue throughout the book seem farfetched

Throughout the book the author hinted that the war hero could or could not be Ryan, the abusive husband. It was not until the end that it was revealed. I am on the fence as to whether or not I would patronize this author again.
A. Jones
A truly engaging story. It had it's slow moments, but I was so attached to the characters, I pushed past them. Always nice to have some diversity in the lead; not have that be the main reason for the story, but just part of the character.
My first book by Ms. Jamison. I will definitely check out the next one, when it's released.
Minjee Kong
I was so excited when I received Liberty in the mail. Liberty is one of those books you just can't seem to put own until you reach the very last word. Ginger Jamison creates such a sweet and unexpected love story out of what would have been a tragedy. By throwing an unexpected curve ball at the reader, Jamison keeps the story interesting and the pages turning. I would definitely recommend this book to those who like romance novels. Great book for a snowday or beach day! (I received this book for...more
Kathy Gray
I won this book from the Goodreads Giveaway and really liked it. It grabbed me right away and I couldn't put it down till I finished it. It is a good romance and still has some twists and turns in it.
Marilyn Stanley
I received this book free through Goodreads First Read.

WOW!! A romance novel with a twist - I loved this book and found it hard to put down once I started reading it. I highly recommend it.
Sharon
did not like the main character, Lexi was all over the place.. hard to enjoy this book...good premise, not well executed
Jan
This book was less than impressive. I am surprised I even finished it.
I was hoping it would get better.
Angela
Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down! It was a great book!
Tracey
4 Stars. A heartwarming contemporary romance, sweet, sexy and rewarding
Pamela Dew
Loved the book and couldn't put it down.Cant wait for the next one.
Jean Benedict
I won this book from First Reads. I really enjoyed this romantic story. There were quite a few twists and turns. The characters Lexy and Ryan were so sweet.It was a story hard to put down. A fell good story.
Alaina Maxam
i really enjoyed this book. it was hard to put down. it shows how person can overcome just about anything and come out good with a little love.
Bebe
Apr 20, 2014 Bebe rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bebe by: GoodReads First Reads
It's getting very warm down in Texas! When Lexy Beecher's abusive husband returns from a tour of Afghanistan, she's more than ready to divorce him. But his sexy charm and newfound compassion has her heart tied in knots. Is he really the same man she married? Lexy's not so sure! Ginger Jamison writes an engaging passionate novel!

*I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway*
Jeremy
When i received the book,Liberty from Goodreads,I started reading it right away.I was really drawn into this type of romance novel,it didnt disappoint me.Lexy's story tugged at my emotions,as she had a lot to get over in order to trust and learn to love Ryan.It was a somewhat predictable story,but i did enjoy it.
Rachel C.
Note: Received in Goodreads First Reads giveaway

I loved this book. Absolutely loved it, even in the less believable moments. I like the spunk of the female character, and though the plot was mostly predictable, it was a sweet and fun book that I couldn't put down except at that moment where I got so tired I couldn't even see the page I was reading anymore. Fantastic and fun read!
Rose
I won this book from the goodreads giveaways.

Liberty by Ginger Jamison was the perfect read for a rainy day. It was kept the reading engaged and wanting to read more. I did not want to put this book down. I am looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future.
Renee
I received this book from Goodreads First Reads giveaway. I enjoyed reading it.
Michelle
You realize the story line from the beginning but Jamison manages to convince the reader that somehow it will turn out differently. I am not sure how she did that but it made for a wonderful story!
  • The Alignment  (The Alignment , #1)
  • Crys and Gabe (Human Hieroglyphix, #2)
  • Fake (A Pretty Pill, #2)
  • Love is Poison (Snow White, #1-3)
  • Tattoos: A Novel
  • Round Three (Dom Wars, #3)
  • Damaged and the Knight (Damaged, #2)
  • A Proposal at the Wedding
  • The Real Thing
  • The Quarter Moon (Afterlife saga #4)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Embracing Him (Harlow Trilogy, #2)
  • The Game of Triumphs (The Game of Triumphs, #1)
  • Close Pursuit
  • No Worries (McCassey Brothers, #1)
  • Atonement (Beartooth, Montana, #4)
  • Sentiment Lost (A Whole New Crowd, #2)
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
Jericho Jericho (A Redemption Novel)