Start by marking “Return to Fairyopolis” as Want to Read:

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  121 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Ten years after her first encounter at Fairyopolis, Cicely Mary Barker’s young charge, Dulcie, is now a teenager—and her belief in the Flower Fairies is beginning to waver. That is until a journey to the countryside begins to melt her doubt. Investigation, research, and correspondence with her friend (and still a believer) Cicely Mary Barker—along with fairy magic—leads he ...more
Published March 13th 2008 by Warne

To ask other readers questions about Return to Fairyopolis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Fairyopolis

The Iron King by Julie KagawaWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrTithe by Holly BlackDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningWings by Aprilynne Pike
Books about Faery
175th out of 894 books — 1,937 voters
Flower Fairies of the Winter by Cicely Mary BarkerFlower Fairies of the Summer by Cicely Mary BarkerFlower Fairies of the Spring by Cicely Mary BarkerFlower Fairies of the Autumn by Cicely Mary BarkerFairyopolis by Cicely Mary Barker
Cicely Mary Barker
6th out of 82 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it it was amazing

Return to Fairyopolis

As with the Fairyopolis book, this one has a very beautiful exterior. This is another journal-style book/scrapbook, consisting of artwork and various extras like letters, postcards, and little notes. The inside back cover contains a fairy pop-up that is quite beautiful in itself.

Definitely another must add for your fairy collection.

Alexa
OK, but not as magical as the first one. Now that I've realized that these were made after Barker's death and only based on her original Flower Fairy books, we're hunting down the "real" books. Not that there's anything wrong with these--they are cute--but now I'm curious about the original books.
Karen Silvestri
Sep 03, 2015 Karen Silvestri rated it it was amazing
A gift for my granddaughter...she loves this book! Very interactive, colorful, and imaginative.
Sylvia
May 27, 2015 Sylvia rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Fun, but not as interesting as the others of this type.
Elevetha
Yet another companion book to the "The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies" by Cicely Mary Barker.

Not as good as the first one.
Kami Huff
Jul 17, 2009 Kami Huff rated it really liked it
*Picture Books* I thought this book was really cute and inventive. Definitely gives room for imagination! The illustrations and pop-ups were fun, and I enjoyed the extra texture to the pages. I haven't read the first of this book series (because I didn't know there was one), but I think this is a great book series for the imaginative child.
April Helms
This one was on sale, and is quite nice. Not as interactive as the "ology" books, but neat all the same. It is very lovely, very Victorian-style, which I like. Also, the last popup is very cool. Not sure I would have paid full price, but happy to get the sale.
Molly
Jan 28, 2009 Molly rated it it was ok
This is one of those lifting the flaps and little envelops with notes books that are too much fun for kids. You get to learn a lot about the different types of fairies here and they are hidden in the illustrations. Grades 4+
Alexis
Jul 20, 2008 Alexis rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful magical book of a girl who saw firys when she was little and is trying to find then again. It is not an ordinary book because it is the young ladys jurnal.
Charity
Mar 09, 2016 Charity rated it really liked it
I have never not loved a Cicely Mary Barker fairy book. The wonder and magic brought to life in every page make this a marvel to experience. Fairyopolis definitely needed book two.
Paola
Dec 26, 2013 Paola rated it it was amazing
Una linda historia de fantasía que nos hace creer en las hadas. El libro es hermoso y está lleno de cosas secretas, cartas, mensajes, semillas, etc. Es mágico <3
E. Mitchell
Mar 28, 2009 E. Mitchell rated it really liked it
Just as cute as the other one, but the font is better.
I love the last page... amazing.
Rachel Rogers
Oct 04, 2013 Rachel Rogers rated it liked it
Not quite as delightful as the first one but still a sweet labor of love.
Lizzi Crystal
Sep 02, 2008 Lizzi Crystal rated it it was amazing
Fun companion to How to Find Flower Fairies. I love these books!
Courtney
Apr 27, 2008 Courtney rated it it was amazing
I LOVE the art in this one, of course, fairies rule.
Blackeyedcrow
Jan 26, 2008 Blackeyedcrow marked it as to-read
i have this pre-ordered :)
Tamsyn
May 13, 2008 Tamsyn rated it it was amazing
cool
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Rafsan Jaman
Rafsan Jaman marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Aix
Aix marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Hillary
Hillary marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Jessica Hilton
Jessica Hilton marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Bridget
Bridget rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Shannon Curry
Shannon Curry rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Emily Serwatka-vermette
Emily Serwatka-vermette marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
  • Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Letters
  • Monsterology (Ologies, #6)
  • The Chronicles of Spiderwick: A Grand Tour of the Enchanted World, Navigated by Thimbletack
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Tales from Beatrix Potter
  • Tinker Bell and the Wings of Rani (Disney Fairies Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Mystery of The Fool and The Vanisher
  • The Fire King (The Invisible Order, #2)
  • The Secret History of Giants
  • Winter of Magic's Return
  • Nothing Ever Happens On 90th Street
  • Fairies
  • Tanaquill
  • The Fairies of Nutfolk Wood
  • The Dragonology Handbook: A Practical Course in Dragons
  • Egyptology (Ologies, #2)
  • Guardian of the Green Hill
  • A Complete Guide to Faeries & Magical Beings: Explore the Mystical Realm of the Little People

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Cicely Mary Barker was the illustrator who created the famous Flower Fairies; those ethereal smiling children with butterfly wings. As a child she was influenced by the works of the illustrator Kate Greenaway, whom she assiduously copied in her formative years. Her principal influence, however, was the artwork of the Pre-Raphaelites.
More about Cicely Mary Barker...