Start by marking “These Lying Eyes” as Want to Read:
These Lying Eyes

These Lying Eyes

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  15 reviews
How can the truest friends you’ve ever had be a curse?

Perhaps when you’re the only one who can see them.

But when the unseen world forces its way into Mina Roth’s life, she is forced to trust herself as never before. With an old friend, her lifelong companions, and a newly discovered faith in herself, Mina uncovers a hidden world and makes some startling discoveries about
Published July 25th 2013 by SJ Cavalier Books

To ask other readers questions about These Lying Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about These Lying Eyes

Amanda Allen
Jul 26, 2013 Amanda Allen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm not gonna rate my own book. But you know. You should totally read it. :)
Kristyn Morgan
A great first book in what I hope is a trilogy at least. It's got everything I love about YA fiction: first love, the underdog heroine, and mystery. The author does a fantastic job of painting a vivid picture of the setting as well as Mina's (the main character) point of view. Can't wait to read more.
Kristi Davis
I just finished this book last night and I loved it. The characters feel like they are my friends and I found myself rooting for them. This book transported me into a world other than my own, which is something I definitely look for in a good book.
I usually prefer to read YA novels because I don't want to worry about running into excessive bad language, gory violence, or overly sexual situations. I thought this book was wonderfully interesting for an adult, but without all of those other things
Karlie
Magically delicious!

After her lonely and miserable middle school years, Mina is anxious about starting high school. Her only companions are 3 fiercely loyal sprites, “beloved imaginary friends who should have faded long ago,” that only she can see – or so she thinks.

Mina is a spunky red-head that I loved the moment she swiped her older sister’s scooter to drive to school when her jerk of an older brother left her behind to ride the bus. When Mina’s love interest, Max, speaks to her for the fir
Terry Allen
A great srtory of young adult fantasy, with out the blood and gore that normally is associated with this genre. From the first few pages, the author grabs your attention and doesn't let go. The suspense doesn't let up, you will find yourself rooting for Max and Mina as they traipse through the Cascade forests to find evil forces that threaten Mina's family. This is the kind of book you cannot put down, leaving you hungering for the sequel, any time Amanda!!
Heather
Sprites!

All I can really say is wow. I was sucked in right from the beginning. This was a different take on the hidden world. It told a story and had romance without sex! lol, and it didn't take away from the story. This is a great book to read over a weekend and if the kids get a hold of it.... other than they might read a story you don't have to worry about them. I look forward to the next book by Amanda Allen.
Sara
Holy Shiz- what a fun first novel! The author's great personality really shines through. From the first few pages, we are immediately introduced to the fantasy world of 15 yr. old Mina and her three "imaginary" friends who happen to be sprites. Mina comes from a large family (with triplets too) and a large extended family, but she is ostracized by most of them at school because of her strange behavior. We as readers want to champion her as the underdog and cheer her on when her childhood friend ...more
Alice Of Wonderland
I won a copy from Goodreads First Reads.

Hmm... There's a lot of things I can say about this. Hmm... Let's summarize this book.

It's about witches, sprites, and Fae. These Lying Eyes have them all. Witches, sprites, and Fae in one book. Reminds me of some books with these combo along with vampires, werewolves, and a whole bunch of other paranormal communities.

Anyway, These Lying Eyes is a sort-of okay book. I neither hated it or liked it, which is why this will be a book of three out of five (semi
Auburn Seal
These Lying Eyes is such a fun book to read. I fell in love with the characters and couldn't wait to find out was going to happen to Mina. Allen created a fascinating story world and the plot was exciting and fast-paced. Fun and clean, you should share this YA fantasy with everyone!
Slacker
Loved it. Cant wait for more. Another set of books that I swim through and then have to wait too long for the next piece.
Emily
I didn't want to put it down! The main character was real and the suspense was vivid! Great novel and I can't wait to read more!!
Carie
I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. Yay!

This book seemed to be aimed at a younger audience--it’s probably more of a Middle Grade read, but I enjoyed it. I think I probably would have rated it a little higher before the ending, which I thought was rushed and confusing and failed to give good explanations or wrap up much of anything :( I really didn't care for the ending, except for (view spoiler). And I was surprised about (view spo
Wendy C
These Lying Eyes by Amanda Allen

These Lying Eyes by Amanda Allen we are introduced to Mina and her “three friends”, Zizi, Poppy, and Hitch. They have been friends since childhood; however Mina believes they are imaginary even though they are not. Mina’s life has been lonely except for her sprite friends and she is worried because she is starting High school and she doesn’t want a repeat of her miserable middle school days.

Mina’s brother, Erik, was supposed to drive her to school on the first day
Heather
Amanda Allen I LOVE YOUR BOOK!!! I completely fell in love with Mina. I want to slap her parents!! I love the creepy part of the super close family but someone among them might be evil! I love Max. I love Mina's loyalty to her sister even at the risk of her own life. I was so glad Grace turned out to be one adult she could trust. I want my own sprite!! The end was good, not too abrupt, but I want more. Book 2 better be coming or I may have to resort to torture techniques like bamboo under the fi ...more
Pamela
This was a wonderful first novel from Amanda A. Allen. This was a very engaging read. I really loved Mina, Max and so many of the secondary characters, including the sprites. It has everything I love in a book. It's got magic, mystery and even a bit of romance, yet is appropriate for all ages. It's a true coming of age story that any teen or adult can love. I can only hope I won't have to wait too long for the sequel!
Amélie D.
Amélie D. marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Joanne goldsmith
Joanne goldsmith marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Jessica
Jessica is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Shayna Varadeaux
Shayna Varadeaux marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Karolinde (Kari)
Karolinde (Kari) marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Loree
Loree marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Casse NaRome
Casse NaRome marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Danna
Danna marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Mitebsyco
Mitebsyco marked it as to-read
Gina Hott
Gina Hott marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
What was your favorite part of Mina's story? 2 5 Jul 30, 2013 10:08AM
  • A Beauty So Beastly (The Beastly Series, #1)
  • The Best Boy Ever Made
  • Heir of Skies (Starbright, #1)
  • Pandora
  • Consumed (Keegan's Chronicles, #3)
  • Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark, #1)
  • Wish You Weren't
  • Clicks (The Dolphin Prophecy #1)
  • The Frog Prince (Faerie Tale Collection, #8)
  • Copper Ravens (Copper Legacy, #2)
  • The Blemished (Blemished, #1)
  • Barely Alive (Barely Alive, #1)
  • The Doppler Affect
  • Lady Gone Bad (Gone Bad, #1)
  • The Witch's Get
  • Sliding Beneath the Surface (The St. Augustine Trilogy, #1)
  • Lancaster House
  • Never Let You Fall
7190911
Amanda Allen spends most of her time in a fantasy land where she wears pajamas every day, lives in a castle, and her dogs talk. When she isn't being ruled by those tiny beasts, she tells herself stories of which These Lying Eyes is the first to make the jump to book form.
More about Amanda A. Allen...
Song of Sorrow (Preludes of the Witch Queen, #1)