Start by marking “Taking the Plunge” as Want to Read:
Taking the Plunge

Taking the Plunge (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
Oh shit… he must have heard me! But can you blame me for perving a little here? Who’d have thought that my boss was hiding that ink and perfect ass under his tight buttoned, prim and proper suit! Talk about a dream come true. Now if only the other vibes I’ve been getting from him are true…

Photo Description:
A naked, tattooed man stands under a shower head, look
Published July 26th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Taking the Plunge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking the Plunge

Exina
The man is an absolute menace to my sanity.

Morgan Kols has a long-term crush on his boss, Jonathan, ogling him all day long. Morgan thinks that he is totally out of his league, but Jonathan flirts with him more and more obviously.

Thanks to Morgan’s promotion and transfer to a new division, a date is not so inappropriate and impossible any more.
“Been watching you watching me, and now that you’re officially not my employee I can molest you to my heart’s content.”

A charity carnival with a dun
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Another great contribution to the LHNB event.

3.75*

Ok, honestly, it took me a while to even read this short story, I looked at the picture that prompted this story, and sort of got stuck there.. please don't judge me.

When I was finally able to tear my eyes away from the picture ( yes, I might have scrolled back up a time or two) and read this short I was charmed.
It's cute, light, sweet and a little sexy.
Morgan works for Jonathan, he also daydreams and drools about Jonathan...oh and there is a
Vivian
Jul 26, 2013 Vivian rated it liked it
Super cute and adorable workplace romance that goes from zero to sixty pretty fast. I really enjoyed the characters and the story, but there are a few places that need fleshing out which I suspect might have been do to the time constraints of the writing event.

Favorite quote:
We weren’t supposed to have moments; I was supposed to pine all unrequited like for him, and he was supposed to be completely oblivious to said pining.
Meep
Jun 27, 2015 Meep rated it it was ok
Shelves: dritc-event-2013
Light, undemanding read spurned from a very nice photo; told in first person.

It's a nice enough short, but it didn't quite work for me; there's lots of internal thoughts in italics which may not bother others, but is a personal bugbear of mine.

The story moves very fast and the interactions felt stilted in places with an abundance of pet names towards the end, towards each other and the niece, 'mister candy man' 'pretty Morgan' 'sugar' 'butterfly'

There's an inconsistency with Morgan mentioning ab
Brandilyn
Mar 13, 2015 Brandilyn rated it really liked it
It is a super cute workplace romance. Well romance may be a bit of a overstatement, but it was a nice light read with a hot shower scene. I would love to see a follow-up on this couple.
LutaWolf
Jul 26, 2013 LutaWolf rated it really liked it
Too cute!!!!!
Pjm12
Jul 26, 2013 Pjm12 rated it really liked it
Cute, hot and nicely written.
Shelby
3.5 stars here for me. This is cute despite being super short. A few relatively unbelievable moments or rough transitions kept this one pretty average for me. I liked the characters enough, but we really don’t get to know much of anything about them.

Morgan has been drooling over his oh so sexy boss for ages. Of course everyone in the office agrees that Jonathan is hot and while Morgan is pretty sure Jonathan’s gay he’s not absolutely convinced. It’s certainly not worth the embarrassment, let alo
Penumbra
This story was written for the M/M Romance Group Love Has No Boundaries 2013 prompt event. Image prompt is of a man taking a shower and he has a gorgeous tattoo on his back.

Morgan has a crush on his boss Jonathan. It's about the flirting that goes on between the two and Morgan's resistance to Jonathan's interest.

This is a very short story that takes place in an office and at a carnival. It's told in first person from Morgan's pov.

(view spoiler)
Julesmarie
Aug 11, 2013 Julesmarie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, free, dritc-lhnb
Cute story. I agree with some other reviewers that it did get choppy and hard to follow sometimes when we're dropped into the middle of a scene and it doesn't feel like enough has been explained.

But the boss is hella hot and there's cotton candy and a dunking booth. Great good fun.

2.5 stars rounded up

Favorite Quotes:
But much, much worse for my ability to work with you without mauling you.

We weren't supposed to have moments. I was supposed to pine all unrequited like for him, and he was suppose
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 1. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

Pamela Su
Aug 08, 2013 Pamela Su rated it really liked it
An amusingly light and fluffy (very!) short story. There's not much buildup to the story and moves really quickly. The moments between Morgan and his boss, Jonathan, are sexy and hilarious.

I very much enjoyed this. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is; a sexy, no angst, utterly naughty little romance between an office worker and his boss.
Jenny Wood
Jan 10, 2016 Jenny Wood rated it liked it
Suuuuuper short, dialogue is ridiculously cheesey and I didn't really feel any chemistry between these two at all, but something about the boss/employee thing is appealing I reckon. It wasn't bad for a 20 minute read, light and no angst. plus it was free so..... right on
Rachel
This was so cute! I really loved Morgan and Jonathan, especially their dialogue back and forth. And I really liked that Jonathan is a good boss and didn't fool around with Morgan until he was moved to a different department. Great story, thank you so much for sharing!
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Jul 31, 2013 Jeanne 'Divinae' rated it really liked it
Ace it on the short story. Loved it. It had a very good flow and was able to sum it up at the end well. Could continue it Or just let it be. Either way, it works. Though, I'd love to see more of them and the niece. :-)
K
Jul 27, 2013 K rated it liked it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story released 27.6
A very short story telling the start of a personal relationship between employee Morgan and his boss Jonathan during a carnival day organised by the company. Enjoyable but written in a tense I find difficult to read.
mw138
Jul 26, 2013 mw138 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance

A sweet and UST filled story about a man, Morgan, who harbors a crush on his extremely handsome and drool-worthy boss, Jonathan. I really liked these characters and wouldn't mind reading more about them in the future.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This was a cute story, while I didn't love it. I did still enjoy it. I think this was an interesting workplace affair (for lack of a better word) it wasn't really a romance but we were left that perhaps it may be the start of one. Besides there is a really hot shower scene :-)
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Wish it was longer... Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you Lacie J. Archer for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Monique
Dec 20, 2014 Monique rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

Cute story and I love the picture but there was a part that was missing, and it felt a bit stilted because the dialogue was written in a slightly unnatural way.
Dre
3.5 stars. I know all of the LHNB stories are short, but I would have liked to read more of these two.
Melanie~~
Nov 08, 2013 Melanie~~ rated it really liked it
I appreciated the author's gift of the story, but this one didn't work very well with me. The writing was occasionally difficult to follow.

Izzah Zulaikha
Jul 30, 2013 Izzah Zulaikha rated it it was amazing
ADORABLE.
I love it!! This is just too light and free story i was looking for! >_<
This story makes me go 'aww' as well as 'can't breatheee'
Ilona
Ilona rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Jilrene ♥
Jilrene ♥ rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Zane Kage
Zane Kage rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
  • Jackson's Law
  • Merger of Equals
  • Ten Year H-Itch
  • In the Right Light
  • Midnight Muffins (Castor Springs, #2)
  • Red
  • Four Seasons With You
  • The Best Part
  • The Idiots' Tango
Lacie J Archer lives in the sunny part of California ruled by a Mouse, and has always loved writing. When not immersed in the lives and worlds of her imaginary friends Lacie is a full time book minion, and kid wrangler, for that big name bookstore; you know the one. On the few days she’s not busy trying to build book pyramids, or rescuing misplaced children, she enjoys working a myriad of odd ...more
More about Lacie J. Archer...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix