Start by marking “Broken Fairytale” as Want to Read:
Broken Fairytale
Preview

Broken Fairytale

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  355 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Following a family tragedy, Izobel Jerome has lived the past eighteen months in an emotional wilderness, losing herself in meaningless relationships and barely existing.

But no more, Izzy is tired of running. At twenty-two, she decides life is for living and that's exactly what she intends to do. She will heal her heart and open it to love. A chance meeting at University...
Published August 6th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Fairytale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Fairytale

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
REviewed for http://totallybookedblog.com/

Broken Fairytale is the debut novel by Nikola Jensen and what a stunning, moving and emotional debut it is. The prologue was so powerful, it drew me in and Izzy’s story hit me straight through the heart.

“I was taught from an early age that crying and excessive displays of feelings could have dire consequences.”

We first meet Izzy when she makes the decision to move on with her life after spending the last 18 months trapped inside herself emotionally fol
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Willow ~ The Romance Cover

**Copy received from author for honest review**

I have actually struggled trying to decide how to rate this book. I wanted to love it, I really did, but I felt something was missing. Now don't get me wrong I did enjoy reading the book and once I got into it, it was a pretty easy read.

The subject of the book is a difficult one, its mostly told from Izzy's point a view. A broken girl from an abusive home. There was an "accident" 18 months previously surrounding Izzy's brother and you get the sens
Kym
Wow, this book was stunning. It was heartbreaking, emotional yet beautiful too! Great first book & l can't wait to read more from Nikola. Well done look forward to reading more of your books.......
Jenn
Izobel and Declan are made for each other. They both can relate to a volatile home.

Izobel meets some great men and becomes fast friends and flat mates with them. They were a great group and became like a family to her and were a great moral support for her. They could tell the minute they met her that she had a bad life.

She meets Declan when he saves her from falling. As it turns out, not only does he catch her a few more times later, but he catches and saves her from her life, nightmares and
Julia
2.5 stars.
This book left me with mixed feelings. It's a debut novel so i'll go easy on the author.
Lots of potential. How do you fight for yourself and how can you overcome a very difficult childhood? Great subject.
But I felt like there was huge gaps in the story. For once I really, really (I insist really) did not feel how the h and H fell in love! They don't even talk to each other. It's so unlikely that I just couldn't project myself in this aspect of the story.
His personal issues are desc
Bianca
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This story was one of the most beautiful broken stories I've read in a long time. The author took the most ruined and damaged characters and turned it into something beautiful. This story moved me beyond words. I felt immediately connected to the story and found it hard to put down. What an emotional, heartfelt debut.

"...that I knew her the minute I saw her eyes, the minute I saw her soul, mine recognized hers"

Izobel (Izzy) Jerome has gone thro
Sian
It has almost been a week since I finished this book and I still find myself thinking about it often. I devoured this book in just over a day. It was a very emotional, and heartfelt read, and I believed every word from Izzy & Declan. Friends know I'm not really an emotional reader but I admit to shedding a tear at a certain stage in this book. Declan was so protective of Izzy and if I could, I would wrap them both up in some bubble wrap. The story was very British which made for a refreshing ...more
Deanna
Where do I begin with this review. Words that come to mind:

Wonderful
Gut-wrenching
Fantastic writing
Soul breaking
Lovely

Those are just a few. In reading other reviews with low stars I have to say I am shocked. This is a debut novel and it was written with such feeling that it grabbed me within the first couple of paragraphs.

The story of Izzy and Declan is one of love at first sight. If it's never happened to you then it's hard to believe but the thing is it does happen and it happens for a reason
TheDanishBookaholic
Paperback copy received by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I must say that I was pretty much sucked into the story very quickly after having read the powerful prologue. This is a story that deals with both mental and physical abuse so it is definitely not for the faint-hearted.

The story begins with Izobel (Izzy) beginning at university – we very quickly learn how she longs to leave her home, and the reasons behind it, but she is not certain if she has the courage to do so. Izzy knows
Kara
Review posted at: http://bookcrushbookreviews.com/2013/...

Rating: 4.5 stars

As Nikola's debut novel, she's left me speechless. The metaphors throughout this read spoke to me and furthered along the connection of feelings between myself, Izzy, and Declan. Izzy's life has thus far been full of shadows, pain, and fear. When she finds the light her strength and determination to embrace her new sense of self grows stronger and stronger. The supporting characters, they are her rocks and the bonds they
Eileen
hmmm not exatly sure what to say about this book. We meet izzy and learn she has a difficult past and an violent abusive parent. She meets declan, aiden and max. They all become friends and her protecter but her and declan fall in love within seemingly a few hours.
I found it difficult to connect to the characters and the story. Nothing was really learned about any of them and i kept reading waiting to learn their heartaches and secrets.. it never happened.
The plot of the story was OK not great j
Rosalind

Isobel (izzy) is a lovely heroine, trying to get by day by day and lead the normal life she craves. Hiding a past she enrols into college and meets Declan and then Aiden. Never realising they share a house. Izzy is desperate for somewhere to stay and she moves in. The chemistry between Izzy and Declan becomes undeniable, but Declan also has a few skeletons in his wardrobe too. Can they overcome the obstacles to save each other. A good story.
Natalie Ward
Enjoyed this story. The prologue was great, really well written from a child's perspective and definitely hooked me into wanting to read more about Izzy and her story.
A.J. Downey
I don't cry at books often but this one made me. Izzy and Declan are rich characters that steal your breath and forever leave a mark on your heart. Thank you for a beautiful read.
Dottie
This is a quirky, oddball type of story. Throughout the entire book, I wasn't sure what I thought of it. Frankly, the epilogue is what made the book for me. This is essentially a story about a girl who has spent her entire childhood in an abusive (domestic) environment. It is about her healing. It is about her learning what's important for her future and life and working toward her own health and happiness. It's good but it's also incredibly sad. I found it to be a good book but will never read ...more
Dawn Porter
I read this book a while ago. And i simply loved it. I loved Izzy's spirit and Declan needed a good few slaps now and then but when they were right they were superb.
??
i hope the others get their stories told.....

Cathy
I loved this book! Izzy is a courageously strong young woman. Except for Izzy's Dad, who I wanted to strangle, all the characters were relatable and amazing friends to Izzy. This book will put you through many emotions but in the end will leave you with a warm feeling.
Lindsey
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Very emotional and tragic romance between two broken souls....loved the book.

Favorite quote:

I love you Izzy. I told myself that you were meant for me. I just knew it. I knew you the minute I saw you at the bus stop. Your eyes, I recognized what I saw in them, they told the same story, I saw you. ~Declan

Reviews posted on Amazon and Goodreads
Read on August 6, 2013
Sherrie
I loves this book hope there is more to there story would love to she how thing work out for them . cant wait to read more from this author
Ren
Startling, moving debut; a must-read! Izzy is a sassy, lovely girl struggling to find her feet, emerging from tragedy and a dark past. Chance meetings on her first day at university bring light and laughter into her life and she encounters her soulmate... A really powerful story of pain, healing, love and overcoming the past.
Jamie
What an amazing debut novel for Nikola Jensen. This is such a dark & twisted story. This is about Izzy overcoming a very dark history. She then meets Declan who is just as messed up as Izzy. Can they find the light in the darkness? This is a must read!
Melissa
I liked the storyline, the writing was decent... The English kind of threw me, but that's only because of the different slang... I did like the book, but there was something that felt... Idk... Off?! Anyhow, it was good and I guess worth 3.5 stars.
Gillian
What an emotional roller coaster hard hitting in places and commical in others it had it all and I loved it what a great debut novel By Nikola Jensen and I will be looking forward to reading more of her books in the future
Tracy
The story was good, but a little worded. Don't get me wrong the book has a beautiful story that was written, but less words. The characters in the book were a pip's. Sofia is my favorite. Thanks for writing an excellent book
Tara
Wow just Wow this book difinietly shows off strong courage people and what fantastic support shown thorugh all the charracters. Loved the HEA this book i recommend to all!
Emily Shave
Much better than I expected. I cried, very emotional and you feel every emotion the characters are feeling. I would recommend and re-read!
Rachel
This book was heartbreaking and heart warming in one must read package.
Maddison Hoy
What a tragic and beautiful story. I really wanted a proposal at the end :(
  • Ending a Broken Journey (Journey, #1)
  • Two Roads
  • I Breathe You
  • Relinquishing Liberty (Second Chances, #1)
  • Ruin (Summer in Winter, #1)
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • Striving for Normal (Striving #1)
  • Bare Assets
  • Come Undone
  • Seduce (Beautiful Rose, #0.5)
  • Undertow
  • Come Undone (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Finding West (True North, #1)
  • A Graceful Mess
  • By Degrees
  • Without Boundaries (Without, #1)
  • A Bridge of Her Own
  • Becoming More
7190690
Nikola Jensen has always enjoyed reading and creating stories in her head. She finally decided to take the plunge and put her first story down on paper and is independently publishing Broken Fairytale which is book #1 in a series of stand-alone's.

Nikola is an avid music lover and when not reading or talking to the characters in her head, she can be found dancing around her lounge room to her favou
More about Nikola Jensen...

“When I met you Izzy, you crawled under my skin, you hit me so hard and I can’t stop thinking about you. I can’t leave you alone. ~ Declan” 4 likes