Start by marking “Lights Out (Daniel X, #6)” as Want to Read:
Lights Out (Daniel X, #6)

Lights Out (Daniel X #6)

James Patterson's high-octane sci-fi adventure series comes to a white-knuckle conclusion in the final battle that Daniel X has been waiting for his entire life. In this sixth and final instalment of the Daniel X series, the alien-hunting hero is finally ready to take on the biggest threat in the galaxy: The Prayer - the same beast that brutally murdered his parents long ...more
Paperback, UK Edition, 352 pages
Published July 13th 2015 by Arrow (Young)

Adam Bouzianis
Mar 14, 2016 Adam Bouzianis rated it it was amazing
Jenny Clark
SPOILERS BELOW
Not the best in the series, that's for sure. This seams to have happened with all the young adult series James Patterson has written. Max Ride was good to start with and then just went wonky. Witch and Wizard was good till book 4 and then same thing.

So, basicly Daniel runs, gets captured, fights, runs gets captured, spends some time with creatures of the light, fights and wins.

Daniel has become full of himself ever since about book 4. Its rather obnoxious really. And the ending? J
Joan
Aug 24, 2015 Joan rated it it was ok
Shelves: teen, science-fiction
Matthew Shelton
Although I was somewhat forced by my mom to read this book, I fairly enjoyed it. The book wasn’t slow, there was lots of different people to hear from, and the ending of the book was amazing. To begin, I enjoyed the book because the chapters were short, and it felt like the topic was changing quickly, which I really liked. It made it seem less boring at the beginning and it was much quicker than other books at the start. Furthermore, I loved how the author incorporated many different people ...more
LeahAlexander
Feb 11, 2016 LeahAlexander rated it liked it
The thrilling conclusion to the Daniel X series, Lights Out is the book that the series has been leading up to. Daniel will face off with his greatest adversary, The Prayer, in order to fulfill his duty, and more importantly, his revenge. Will his powers of creation be enough to defeat The Prayer, or will Daniel fall into his trap? The battle for Earth is at its end, and let’s hope Daniel comes out victorious.

This entry to the series was definitely not my favorite. First off, Patterson took age
Ezekiel Clark
Feb 18, 2016 Ezekiel Clark rated it did not like it
I thought that Patterson is getting lazy. I think that the only reason he wrote this book is to get money. Otherwise, then it I thought it was lame. The only book that I liked in this series was the fourth one wich was called Game over. The reason I liked that book because it had a good story and. The only reason that was good because it was based on a graphic novel so Patterson had a good amount or research to use. The thing about this book and others is that it seems to repeat itself a lot. I ...more
Ricky
Three years we've had to wait for the conclusion to Daniel X, and I think it's safe to say that wait was too long. Although the book was wild and action-packed and pulled no punches, so it's almost worth it. I was at least glad I was able to remember just about everything necessary from the previous books, even though I haven't picked one up in a few years now.

I think the best part of the book for me was the numerous Night At The Museum references. Not only for the part where Daniel and his frie
Nanci Booher
I had no idea that book 6 had come out. What a great surprise. Daniel is still on the hunt for #1, the worst alien on his list. His family was killed when he was little, and ever since then it has been his mission to kill the monster that killed his parents. This is probably my fave Patterson series.
Mary
Nov 16, 2015 Mary rated it liked it
Unfortunately this book was not as good as the others in the series. It lacked a good ending and the action packed sequences that are so commonly associated with James Patterson are unoriginal and repetitive. Considering the time I have been waiting for this book to be released, I found the book quite disappointing and unsatisfying. Don't get me wrong it's still a good book but it's just the same as all the others. It was meant to be the finale, leaving you exhausted and happy. It didn't have ...more
Matt
Jan 27, 2016 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 272 page book written by James Patterson is based on a fictional teenager with super natural powers. His name i Daniel and his goal is to rid our world of aliens. I think that this book i very good, but to really understand what the character is referring to you had to have read a book or to in the series before reading this book. This is because he has many powers that in this book it goes i depth with those powers. I would only recommend book to some one that has read a book or two in the ...more
Kevin
Oct 13, 2015 Kevin rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
spongebob imagination

"How do you think it happened Yugi Danny Boy".

All the Most advanced technology in the world(Universe) and he uses an Iphone... really?

Remember the family guy episode, with the giant cockroach rubbing it's hands together, saying "Good Good"? Well this Praying Mantis also enjoys rubbing it's scythes together.

I cheated halfway through this book, and randomly skipped chapters till I reached the end.

1/5 Stars
Rachel Witt
Jan 03, 2016 Rachel Witt rated it liked it
I definitely enjoyed reading this series, however my interest began to wane as the books continued. Lights Out was a fun and quick adventure story. Great if you have nothing better to read, but I was not overly impressed. The logic was often extremely shaky (and yes, it is a children's book, so I do give a bit of leeway, but still) and the ending was very vague and anticlimactic. I would recommend Maximum Ride over this.
Gloria Zhang
Oct 18, 2015 Gloria Zhang rated it really liked it
Jeff
Jan 15, 2016 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall the storyline was as good as the previous books in this series, although it appears this may be the last book in this series based on the ending.
When it comes to Audiobooks, the narrator can truly make or break a book as was the case with this one. Milo Ventimiglia narrated the previous 5 books in this series, so for me, he was 'Daniel X', so listening to a different narrator read this book, it took a little bit away for me.
Hannah
Sep 05, 2016 Hannah rated it really liked it
So I finished this book within four hours. What can I say? I've been waiting for almost three years. I almost thought the moment I've been waiting for was anti-climactic, and too easy. But of course, I was waiting for the catch. And I gotta say, not bad! I'm very happy with the way it ended. I don't think it could've ended any other way. I think what sold for me was the mind games. In my opinion, those are always the toughest battles to overcome. Satisfying ending for me.
Amy
Jul 15, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Stacie
Aug 14, 2015 Stacie rated it liked it
I liked this book enough, my problem was that the fight with #1 seemed anti-climatic. Daniel keeps being reminded to have a back up plan and the end he didn't have one and his dad did everything. The first part was just a rehash of everything we knew, the second part was #1 playing games on Daniel. I did enjoy Xanthos and mikaela. Willy, Joe, Emma, and Dana were fun as always.
Haley
Jul 26, 2016 Haley rated it it was amazing
A really great finally. I loved this series, but I'm glad to finally finish it. It took me about2hrs to read the last 130 pages, which is probably the fastest I've ever read, so this is really fast-paced, fun and amazing.
Jean
Jan 07, 2016 Jean added it
I have to say first, I am a big James Patterson fan....and this book was not a disappointment.... Daniel X draws you into his life...easy read and holds your interest....reminds us of many different lessons about life.....worth a read!
Szymon Kutchin
Aug 31, 2015 Szymon Kutchin rated it really liked it
it was good with a good story line and it made sense but the battle was a little bit of a let down, i thought it would be epic not cancellation
Rosemary Yakubowski
GREAT installment in the Daniel X series. Loved the way Patterson moved Daniel around in this book. Looking forward to the next book
Casey
Jan 25, 2016 Casey rated it it was ok
I had to finish the series. It was okay in parts but for the most part Patterson's/Grabenstein's style of writing is so cheesy I couldn't stand it.
Mca000
Aug 14, 2015 Mca000 rated it it was amazing
An explosive conclusion to what was an astounding and revetting series , by a master and legend of an author
Patricia Kaniasty
I just love the "Daniel X" books and this one did not disappoint. Always a quick read with plenty of action and excitement. I am just sad to see the series end. What a great ending!!
Ethan Monroe
Aug 15, 2016 Ethan Monroe rated it really liked it
I thought the book was confusing because all the characters were tellaporting and time traveling all the time
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Julian
Julian rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2014
John F. Weitkamp
John F. Weitkamp rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Ashley Lupien
Ashley Lupien rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 5
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Legacy of Secrets (Kingdom Keepers: The Return, #2)
  • The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Dead Zone  (Blackout, #2)
  • The Wolf King (Legends of the Wolf #3)
  • Shade Darby (Gone, #7)
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Last Play (The Last Play, #1)
  • Garfield Sings for His Supper: His 55th Book
  • King Raven Trilogy (King Raven Trilogy, #1-3)
  • What Mario Scietto Says (Monument 14, #2.5)
  • Into The Fire (First Responders, #3)
  • His Hired Baby (Safe Harbor Medical, #2)
  • Rampage at Waterloo (Battlesaurus, #1)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Daniel X (6 books)
  • The Dangerous Days of Daniel X (Daniel X, #1)
  • Watch the Skies (Daniel X, #2)
  • Demons and Druids (Daniel X, #3)
  • Game Over (Daniel X, #4)
  • Armageddon (Daniel X, #5)