Start by marking “Stubborn Love (I Love You, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stubborn Love (I Love You, #2)

Stubborn Love (I Love You #2)

Five years ago, tragedy brought Jared and Mia together. A tragedy that was the start of an unlikely source of support, a true friendship and eventually, deep, heart-stopping love. Until the day something pushed them apart, forcing one of them to let the other one go.
Now, over the course of a day and a night, Jared and Mia will finally talk about how it all went wrong. How
Published September 4th 2013 by Natalie Ward

To ask other readers questions about Stubborn Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stubborn Love

Christy
Sep 29, 2013 Christy rated it liked it
Shelves: angst, emotional
3-3.5 Stubborn Stars!!!

photo add856f9-dc10-4eef-8240-89080390361a_zps0225558f.jpg

Stubborn Love is Jared and Mia’s story. Jared is Luke’s best friend. Mia is Luke’s sister. We are introduced to both characters in I Love You to Death. Much of this story runs in sync with ILYtD, just from Jared and Mia’s pov. Mia and Jared meet under not so ideal circumstances. They quickly fall for one another, but they keep it a secret for a while, because of Luke. When Luke finds out, it’s all good. Their relationship lasts for a long while, then it falls apart. We d
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3--Hated the Conflict--Stars!!

Stubborn Love runs parallel to I Love You to Death. It is Mia and Jared's story. Mia is Luke's sister and Jared is Luke's BFF. It's told in alternating POVs and alternates between the past when Jared and Mia meet and fall in love (Jared's POV) and the present when Mia finally tells Jared why she pushed him away (Mia's POV).

Note: I did not do a re-read of ILYtD and I didn't feel lost or anything in this story.

Jared and Mia meet after Jared calls Mia when Luke is bea
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 21, 2013 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
4.5 Stars

description

Gitte: What brilliant and clever writing by Natalie Ward. I absolutely loved ‘Stubborn Love’ – loved Mia and Jared’s story. Loved the fact that I spent one of the most intense days listening to them as if I was in the same room, sat on tenterhooks wanting them to be okay. Because they’re not okay, they have a lot to sort out and work through.

“I want him, I need him. I want what was between us….I want that back.” – Mia

“…I’m beginning to realise this girl is just as fucking stubborn as
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog

“…I’m beginning to re
Kirsty
Sep 16, 2013 Kirsty rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I'm so sad that I have to give this book a low rating, and truth be told I'd say it was more 2.5* but I just can't give it anymore.

I don't know what went wrong here, but from the beginning I just wasn't feeling the story, the characters or the writing. I'll start off with the story..

I was a mahoosive fan of I Love You to Death, everything about it was so amazing, and so of course when I knew Natalie Ward was writing another book about them I was so excited.. it was going to be Luke's book and I
Mia Asher
Sep 04, 2013 Mia Asher rated it it was amazing
This book...I have to write a review for it still but I'll tell you one thing about it...or a few, lol.
It's smart.

Fanny
Oct 05, 2013 Fanny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-real
Holy shit.

Excuse me while I fangirl a little LOT about Jared & Mia's story. That was beautifully magic

I loved it, loved every seconds of it! It's an heartbreaking story, and you can see all the hurt and anger through the characters. They love each other but so many things is going on between them it's crazy how they restrain themselves.

I was so happy at the end because they finally find a way to get through this shit.

Fist, Jared. Wow. So, um, he's yummy. And the way he talks. Sighs. So sexy.
Míss Núñez
Nov 02, 2013 Míss Núñez rated it it was ok
This was sadly an excruciating 2.5 Stars for me ....I absolutely loved ILYTD... But I just couldn't connect with this book at all... I tried ...I really did ... But lord did it drag ... Mia's reasoning for leaving Jared was just fucking lame!!! I'm so disappointed ,.. I had to force myself to finish it!! Half the time a had to skip through pages because it was just so repetitive !! I seriously wanted to gouge my eyes out!!!
Trisha • Devoured Words
4 to 4.5 Stars.

I truly enjoyed reading the companion novel to the I Love You series, this was Mia's and Jared's story. Their past and present, evolves with the two of them and how did everything go wrong. What is so stubborn about their love or who is the stubborn love? The title just is what is says and it was beautifully executed. It was in both their POVs so you get to be in their minds and see what makes them tick. Which I loved. Jared is a sweetheart just LOVE him. Mia is a very complex he
Smitten's Book Blog
Jul 24, 2013 Smitten's Book Blog marked it as to-read
COVER REVEAL
Stubborn Love, by Natalie Ward

Major, super big squeeee! I absolutely ADORED Natalie Ward's first book, I Love You To Death, so if you haven't read that, get on it. it was one of my 5+ star reads last year! It's soooo sad, but soooo good!

So, obviously, I'm mega excited to read her next book, Stubborn Love, which is a spin off from ILYTD!
And here is the awesome cover reveal. What a beaut!

To celebrate, Natalie is hosting a giveaway, so don't forget to enter that at http://www.raffle
Aubrey
Aug 22, 2013 Aubrey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holy-shit
Everyone knows I have a total lady-boner for Natalie Ward. What can I say? She created Luke.

Now if she had passed on that neat little accent to Luke, she would likely need a restraining order.

Anyway, somewhere in my public declarations of love she decided to throw me a bone, and include me in this early review business. I may have screamed a bit. How can you have Mia without Luke?

Hey, don’t judge me. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Little did I expect, I walked away feeling like I
Ellen
So I am huge fan of 'I Love You to Death' and was thrilled to read an advance copy of ‘Stubborn Love’. Two things you should know about this story: it take place parallel to ILYTD, and it moves back and forth between the past and the present. Flashbacks can be difficult to write but Natalie Ward absolutely hits it out of the park! The first thing I thought when I was reading Stubborn Love was that this book should be made into a movie, pronto. The writing, the setting, the story, all perfection. ...more
Lisa Kane
Sep 02, 2013 Lisa Kane rated it really liked it
Nikki Young
Sep 05, 2013 Nikki Young rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story about lost love and the rekindling of something that was always meant to be. Beautiful, unique storytelling. Loved it.
Chris- Bookaddict
Sep 08, 2013 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!!! Review to come !!!!
Jennifer Thomas
First off, I love Natalie's writing. Natalie's books are always well edited and her writing is super solid. I didn't fall "in love" with Stubborn Love like I did with her first book, I Love You to Death, which is one of my all time favorite books. Stubborn Love is a companion novel to ILYtD and shouldn't be read as a stand-alone, but only after reading ILYtD. Stubborn Love started out SUPER strong. I was hooked by the changing time periods and the changing POV's. The book kinda lost me when the ...more
Three Chicks
Sep 04, 2013 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Madison Seidler
Jan 13, 2014 Madison Seidler rated it really liked it
Read this and other reviews at Madison Says.

Last year, I fell in love Natalie Ward’s I Love You to Death. It was an unexpected gem that more than took me by surprise. Now, a year later, I was once again entranced by her characters, and brought back into their lives. After reading Ash & Luke’s story, we got a glimpse into Mia & Jared, but I knew there was so much more to uncover there. Thankfully, in Stubborn Love, we hear what went down with them.

She deserves to be happy and I want to ma
Verna Loves Books
Sep 08, 2013 Verna Loves Books rated it it was amazing
This was by far one of the best love stories I have read. I absolutely loved Jared and Mia's story. Those two belonged together and against all odds made sure to fight for one another no matter what. I was pretty much swooning the whole time. I loved it and couldn't put it down when I started it. It was just amazing. Mia was such a sweet and fiesty character, I loved how caring she was about those in her life especially her brother Luke. Then there's Jared, he is by far going to be one of my mos ...more
Brandy
Sep 11, 2013 Brandy rated it really liked it
I like that the book is both Jared and Mia's pov. There are always 2 sides to every story and I like hearing both.
Jared and Mia have need separated for a year, when Mia is in town to watch their band play she decides she needs to let Jared know why she left him and expose all of the secrets she's been holding onto.
Jared is angry and heartbroken and although he loves Mia is her revealing everything and asking for forgiveness going to be enough?
Will they be able to move on together from all of
Kristina
Sep 06, 2013 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holy-shit
Everything about this book is beautiful. I don't remember ever falling for the side characters like I did with Jared and Mia.

The drama is intense; at times I wanted to strangle Mia. But overall, I wish there were more leading females like her. I can appreciate a strong character who loves curse words as much as I do.

Jared. He's nothing short of swoony. He can also be an ass at times, which is pretty damn hot.

I can't wait for ILYA! Not just for Luke and Asha, but so we can see Jared and Mia again
Evelyn
Sep 24, 2013 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
It was great to see Jared and Mia's love story! I was sad to see how Stubborn Mia was! I loved the love Jared has towards Luke. Mia's love for her brother was great too, but her not discussing it with Jared or Luke wasted wonderful years of love! But I guess we learn the hard way! I am so glad Mia finally had the courage to talk to Jared and tell him the whole truth!. It was a great love story! I can not wait till book 3!!!
Cindy
Sep 06, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow what an amazing book this was. I loved "I love you to death" so I knew this book would be just amazing. My heart broke so much for Mia and Jared, everything they went through. Now I really can't wait for the next book. I'm waiting as patiently as I can Natalie but I need Luke's story like right now. Anyway this book was fantastic and 5 stars isn't enough.
Alessandra
Sep 30, 2013 Alessandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Love love love this book! Its ties in really nicely with I Love You To Death. The only reason that this hasn't got five stars is because the chapters overlap sometimes from Mia's point of view and then Jared's point of view. This gets a bit tedious but doesn't take away from the story.
Leslie
Sep 07, 2013 Leslie rated it liked it
Love the writing style of Natalie Ward. I liked Mia and Jared's story. My issue was a lot of this book seemed repetitious to me. It is a quick read and we get some of Ash and Luke in it. I cant wait to get Luke's book!!
Michelle
Sep 07, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Absolutey LOVED this book! So happy that Mia and Jared got their HEA and I love the way that Natalie writes. I cant wait for the next book to see what happens with Luke and Ash...sigh, love them too!
Holly
Sep 09, 2013 Holly rated it really liked it
Jared and Mia's story is an emotional roller coaster. It is sweet and funny and heartbreaking all at once. It fits in perfectly with ILYTD. Natalie Ward has quickly become one of my favorite authors.
Annie Brewer
Jul 31, 2013 Annie Brewer marked it as to-read
YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!! I can't wait for Jared and Mia's book!! So excited! *fist pump*
Rachel
Sep 11, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story, beautifully written <3
CJ
Apr 25, 2016 CJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, 2016
CHECK OUT
NOVELS AND NIBBLES
book reviews x good food
personal playlists x the odd personal piece

"I Love You To Death" by Natalie Ward
Main Girl:
Asha
Main Guy: Luke
Main Guy's Sister: Mia
Main Guy's BFF: Jared

In my review ofILYTD, I stated that the main reason I moved forward with the series was to reassure myself that Ash was going to be just fine. I can't go into further details because I can talk about that book forever. If you're interested in learning more about the first installment, clickhere.

• Friend is a Four Letter Word (Risk the Fall #4)
  • Reflect Me (Reflect Me, #1)
  • Lost Without You (Lost, #2.5)
  • A Life More Complete
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • Incomplete (Incomplete, #1)
  • Serenity Falls
  • Nocturne
  • Picking Up the Pieces
  • Everything I've Never Had (Everything, #1)
  • Still Human (Just Human, #2)
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Her Love Ran Crimson
  • Feeling This
  • 3 Sides to a Circle
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
  • Adore (Spiral of Bliss, #4)
  • Love UnExpected (Love's Improbable Possibility, #2)
An avid reader and writer who doesn't sleep enough.
Come and follow me on Facebook!
More about Natalie Ward...

I Love You (3 books)
  • I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)
  • I Love You, Always (I Love You, #3)