Start by marking “Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways #1)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  32,289 ratings  ·  1,180 reviews
Amelia Hathaway is the oldest of four sisters and has only one brother to drive her mad. They live a genteel but impoverished life until they come into an unexpected inheritance. Amelia tries her best to rein in her colourful and unmanageable siblings to match society's expectations. Until the mysterious Cam Rohan appears.
Published November 8th 2007 by Piatkus (first published October 2nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mine Till Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mine Till Midnight

Navessa

Someone sprinkled crack onto the pages of this series. I have no other explanation for what is happening to me right now.

I know you're probably expecting a review. And I'd love to write one. But the next book is staring up at me, whispering things.

"Come on, Litchick. Just one more hit..."
Auntee
Sep 15, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of LK's Wallflowers series; historical romance fans
Can The Hathaways series compete with Lisa Kleypas's fantastic Wallflowers series? Well I had my doubts, but if the first book, the wonderful Mine Till Midnight, is any indication of how this series will play out, my answer is a resounding Yes!

This book just flew by for me--I never once wanted to put it down! I loved the Hathaway family, with all their eccentricities, although (other than young Beatrix with her love for critters and her 'sticky fingers', and of course eldest sibling Leo with his
UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva

There’s something just so special about a historical romance done the Lisa Kleypas way. Light, yet with substance. So much sexual passion and yet such tender love. Her books are always a delightful escape and her heroes are always so sigh-worthy.

This is a touching story about a tight knit, albeit quirky, family consisting of four sisters, Amelia, Win, Poppy, and Beatrix; their one brother, Leo, and Merripen, who as a young boy was wounded and left for dead following a Gypsy hunt. He was brought
Shawna
5+ stars – Historical Romance

It simply doesn’t get any better than Lisa Kleypas. I loved the Wallflowers series, and I’ve been looking forward to Cam’s story, ever since he so completely captivated me in Devil in Winter. Instead of flying through this lightning fast like I did with the Wallflower books, I took my time and savored it, which was well worth it because Cam Rohan is like the finest, rarest dark chocolate.....exotically decadent and sinfully delicious!

Mine Till Midnight is a beautiful
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I hadn't read any Kleypas for a while when I started reading this book. It reminded me of how effective and seductive Kleypas is as a writer. She really does write a beautiful love story. Her stories are dreamy and elegant, full of imagery that draws me into the story and out of my everyday existence. She really is a wordsmith to this reader.

I know a lot of fans were unhappy that Cam was not paired with Daisy, but I have no regrets. Cam and Amelia were meant to be together. Cam was searching for
Kat Stark
Sep 02, 2014 Kat Stark rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kat Stark by: Navessa

Second Book: Seduce me at Sunrise
Third Book: Tempt me at Twilight
Fourth Book: Married by Morning
Fifth Book: Love in the Afternoon

Ahh! I absolutely loved this novel!

description

So, it was a rough start off. In the beginning I was so worried that there would be insta-love. THERE IS NOT LADIES AND GENTLEMAN. There is insta-attraction (but at least that's more believable). The female MC isn't going coocoocachoo over the guy either. She just thinks, "oh, he looks good" and that's it. There's no gawking or swooni
Ronyell
When I started reading Teresa Medeiros’ romance novels, I started to really get into romance novels. I finally heard about another romance author and her name was Lisa Kleypas! “Mine Till Midnight” is the first book I have read from Lisa Kleypas and it is also the first book of the Hathaway family series. If you have not read a romance novel full of sexual tension, drama and mystery, “Mine Till Midnight” is definitely a romance novel that is worth checking out!

The Hathaway family (Leo, Amelia, W
Dina
I loved Cam Roham since his first appearance in 'Devil in Winter', so I was more than thrilled when Kleypas made him the 1st hero in her new Hathaway series. Unfortunately, his story didn´t live up to my expectations. Don´t get me wrong, Cam was still as interesting as ever in 'Mine Till Midnight', but little else was up to par. :(

Where do I begin? Well, let´s take Amelia Hathaway, Cam´s heroine. She was nice enough, but I just didn´t feel her "connection" with Cam. I got the feeling that she wa
Rane
Coming from different walks of life Amelia Hathaway and Cam Rohan couldn't be more different then day and night, but just click together like two puzzles pieces making a whole.
Amelia comes from a family of so called misfits and as the oldest female has taken the role of protector of her family's welfare at the risk of danger and the occasional headache. Coming into a recent wealth and a title for her bother to boot. Amelia and her family are thrust into a well to do society one that they have
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
jenjn79
Rating: 4.5 / 5

If I'd noticed back when this book came out that it was about Cam Rohan from the Wallflowers series (I think he was just in one book...), I would have read it much sooner! Cam was such an intriguing character when Kleypas gave us a peak at him before. I was actually rather disappointed that he didn't end up with Daisy. But I'm glad Kleypas brought Cam back and let us see more of him. I ended up liking him even more!

The heroine of Mine Till Midnight is a "spinster" named Amelia Hat
Yz the Whyz
My first Lisa Kleypas book, and I had some pretty high expectations considering that she is highly regarded by most of my GR friends. To my delight, they were quite right.

Mine Till Midnight was a quick, highly-readable, story. We get to meet the quirky, eccentric Hathaway family, lead by the highly-responsible Amelia. As she struggles to keep everybody in check, including a self-destructive brother, her path crosses with Cam Rohan. Cam, a man torn between two worlds, is enraptured by Amelia's ch
Holly
Jul 13, 2010 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All fans of historical romance with incendiary leading men
5++ Stars
*All Time Favorite Book List*

If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. I honestly haven't enjoyed a book this much in AGES. Cam Rohan is now firmly planted very close to the top of my list of all time favorite leading men.

The chemistry between Cam & Amelia is just breathtaking. I have always been a sucker for an Alpha male, and Cam is about as Alpha as they come. When he finally sets his mind to having Amelia, he won't let anyone or anything stand in his way. He's fierce, compell
Leah
CamRebel

What's this strange feeling that's warming me up from the inside and making me feel dizzy with joy? *looks around the room, bewildered*

But yes! It's the sweet, lovely, sexy, thrilling, incredible Historical Romance expressing all its potentiality! It's been ages since I've felt this way and almost didn't recognize it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dear GR friends and members of this community in general, please meet Cam, the biggest HR, period movies and TV series, and history enthusiast on the planet. She's watched the Siss
Eastofoz
Aug 26, 2008 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who like an exotic hero
AH
Have you ever finished reading a novel and just sat there and sighed? Did you ever feel sad that the book was finished? Sad, yet happy, at the same time? A goofy smile on your face? Mine Till Midnight left me feeling like that. What a thoroughly enjoyable book.

I had never read anything by Lisa Kleypas before, but I was assured that I was in for a treat. The book is like a festival for the senses. I literally did not put it down. The reader is transported to England in the mid 19th century. I was
Keertana
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Mine Till Midnight is a novel that completely took me by surprise. Although its cover just screams "bodice ripper," don't let that fool you. In reality, Lisa Kleypas' first Hathaways novel is a story of tender relationships, growing family, and understanding love. It's a novel that defies most of the typical norms set on historical fiction, instead taking a less-trodden path and succeeding all the more for it. While you would expect plenty of sensual encounters, dashing dukes,
Didi
I don't think I can say it enough: Lisa Kleypas is AMAZING.

I wasn't sure what to expect at first with this book. I definitely didn't expect a ghost incorporated into the story. It sounds weird right? And though, while at first I didn't like the direction of that plot twist, it suddenly became an intricate part of the whole story making it much more mystical.

But what really sold this was Cam Rohan. He was sublime. He was the alpha with the quiet disposition that could challenge the most rigorous
Mei
Mmmm... can I have a Cam of my own? *wink*

What a delightful book! I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Cam and Amelia.

Amelia wants only to care about her "strange" family: her young sisters, her other sister, closer to her age, who's still slowly recovering from her illness and her brother who's wasting away and who wants to join his dead fiance. A heavy burden...

Cam, a half Rom forced by circumstances to live as Gadje. He's charming, sensual and burden by a "good luck curse"!

Cam wants Amelia sinc
Lisa Kay
Pooka at Midnight
description

★★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.)
It was pure pleasure to return to the first in Lisa KleypasHathaways series and the wonderful Rosalyn Landor, the narrator, brought it to life all over again. She does an excellent job of discerning these unforgettable characters’ voices with their multiple accents and distinct personalities. She helped me remember why this quirky family tugged on my heart strings the first time around. You can hear Cam and Amelia discover a tender, la
Krishna *wants to be a black wolf*
Why Cam, why? I had such hopes for you. I was hoping you would be dashing, rakish and set my blood on fire. Instead I get a bunch of apiary related scenes and a horse tattoo.

I like learning things while reading stories, even light hearted fluff like HR. But I do not like info dumps. I found the book extremely didactic at some points, especially where Gypsy heritage is involved.

Amelia was ok, but methinks the lady doth protest too much, especially about the ring.

AND THERE IS NO CHEMISTRY!!! Ther
Katyana
***4.5***

I really loved it! It was so sweet that I was crying at the end... both because of Cam/Amelia and because of poor Leo... and poor Win/Merripen...

The only thing I have mixed feelings about was the amount of the story given to all the other characters. I suppose that's largely inevitable, as this is the first of a series and it has people to establish, but I loved Cam and Amelia so much, I wouldn't have minded more time with them. At the same time, I really did like everyone else too, so
Loederkoningin
This is probably the first romance I've read in which the hero doesn't come with an impressive title.
Fear not though! Swarthy gypsy Cam Rohan has plenty of money and with the countenance of an exotic angel, a face that has definitely been created for sin, the brooding mouth of a fallen angel, the angular jaw and golden-hazel tiger eyes shaded by long straight lashes you still get your money's worth.

So Cam, what do you look like?
Hmm probably not...

An Indian gypsy: if those aren't romance novel e
Nisha
After reading this a second time, my opinion has definitely changed. I had rated this 4 stars, when it is so obviously 5 stars. But, I understand what I was thinking when I rated it 4 stars. I was in a phase when a HR had more than romance to hold it together, such as a mystery or spies or a tragic history. But in Mine Till Midnight, it is simply a romance between a strong, responsible and independent heroine, Amelia and the gorgeous half-Rom Cam Rohan.

As way of summary, there's very little to s
Katie(babs)
Lisa Kleypas is a master at writing historical romance and Mine Til Midnight is the perfect example. There are wonderful characters, conversations and a sexy and great romance. Plus the love scenes are excellent also!

Kleypas has written a new set of incredible characters in that of the Hathaway family. There are four sisters and one brother who are eclectic, funny and just plain enjoyable to read. Amelia is the head of this rag tag family who have lost their parents. They have major issues, incl
Isamlq
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to get into Amelia and Cam's story. Normally, anything labelled "historical" creates this barrier in my mind that's very difficult to get through. Normally, I would not even bother, but I needed something different after reading so many contemporary books (YA or not) and Mine Till Midnight met that requirement. I'm glad this book was recommended because liking it was a very simple thing to do.

It must be because of the characters: Amelia, self declar
Yodamom
4.5
Cam- my favorite Irish Gypsy finally gets his book. I first grew to love Cam in Ms. Kleypas's Wallflower series, where he was was left unfinished. He is strong, sexy, independent and surprisingly funny. He is an outcast in a 'upper class white' ruled society. Dark skinned and heathen, many look down on him. but, the ones who know him see the man he is. His dream of being a free man may be more of a challenge than he thinks. He has met a woman who will not step aside and let this pass. - oh t
Julie Covington
Ok so when a fellow Goodreads friend includes a pic of a cute bunny amidst "cocaine", who wouldn't be tempted?? As expected, I came to understand the addiction.

I loved every moment of this book and instantly was taken in by our crazy Hathaways and I am overjoyed to see that I could consume this entire series and not have to wait for future releases. As with many series I find myself consumed by the leads of the first story and grow anxious when I learn that future installments are about others.
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1)
  • Yours Until Dawn
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
More about Lisa Kleypas...
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)

“The question, love, is whether you want me enough to take the risk.” 181 likes
“...whether he stayed or left, whether they walked the same path or not. They could live on opposite sides of the world, and she would still be his.” 89 likes