Start by marking “An Audience with Lama” as Want to Read:
An Audience with Lama

Read Excerpt

An Audience with Lama

In August 2010 the city of Leh was ravaged by a cloud burst. Amidst the destructive facet of mother nature we also witnessed true grit from the survivors. One of the survivors who grappled onto life was Abhilash. He recorded anecdotes and messages of fellow survivors and weaved them into a tantalizing narrative.

A story that expanses a road trip across the picturesque land
Paperback, First Edition, 96 pages
Published August 8th 2013 by Venkatesh Publisher

To ask other readers questions about An Audience with Lama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Audience with Lama

Hemant Jain
Aug 09, 2013 Hemant Jain rated it it was amazing
All of us have un necessarily complicated our lives trying to measure up to d benchmarks set for us by the society. But these benchmarks are all demons of our own creations. in our bid to live up to these perceived expectations we muzzle our inner self and make uncalled for sacrifices and at the end all we are left with is regrets. If only we realised we are absolutely perfect with our own set of imperfections. We dont hv ne1 to answer but for ourselves.The author beautifully portray s this thru ...more
Jan 12, 2014 Deepshikha.misra rated it it was amazing
The book is a good read, praiseworthy, thrilling and meant for all ages...has a lot of inspirational themes. Unlike fables, it focuses more on expressing a moral than expanding the story line. Fair one, worth a reader's appetite! Happy reading :)
Hitesh Sharma
Aug 14, 2014 Hitesh Sharma rated it really liked it
I got this book as a Free Goodreads Giveaway....It is an amazing book....the events really unfold as they would in real life....the storytelling is brilliant, and needless to say, so is the plot....had a fun time reading it... Looking forward to re-reading it someday...
Apr 01, 2015 Infantina rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads
As far as i can tell, this is a fantastic book written by the author.The only trouble i had was when i started reading it, initially, i felt the book was a little boring as we have to hear the introduction of the characters at some cases which felt like whining .But it was intriguing in some kind of way.Since this is abridged version , i would have liked to read unabridged because i want to know everything about the number of characters mentioned in the book.

Be it Hrijan, Tenzing, shamsheel, Tho
Purba Chakraborty
Aug 06, 2014 Purba Chakraborty rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
My rating is 3.7
First of all, I must congratulate the author for writing a beautiful book that is a blend of adventure and spirituality.All the characters are different from each other, yet very interesting and relatable. The landscapes described in the book will make you fall in love with the places. While leafing through the pages, I literally felt that I have also traveled to Manali, Keylong and Leh with the narrator.
On the downside, some portions of the book were a little dragged. Another dr
Aug 29, 2014 Doctor rated it liked it
Shelves: shelves
The title and the beaming face of His Holiness Dalai Lama silhouetted against the wealthiest of nature on the cover was suggestive of a spiritual discourse or political pamphlet.It was neither. It is a fictional account of an adventure of a group through the perilous routes and dangerous weather conditions.Enough for a story of grit and suspense.The writer has left his mark in the pages with a few words of worldly wisdom.The reference to mundane things like sex, drink and wives left at home appe ...more
Sunny Cyrus
Aug 04, 2014 Sunny Cyrus rated it it was amazing
I am not an avid reader so I only pick up titles which use simple language, realistic plots and have a destressing effect. This book is one book I can carry around all day, read it in the subway, taxi, bus. Very light to digest and more importantly there is always a lot of action happening. I fail to recall any phase of the book wherein the pace of narrative subsides. It is a rollercoaster from the first page. For once in my life i feel that the author should have increased the number of pages, ...more
Sep 13, 2014 Agnivo rated it liked it
An Audience With Lama is a fictional account of a group of adventurers who are stranded in the Leh cloudburst. This is their story of survival against all odds through perilous weather and surprises that life throws at you. This book is an expression of the travails of life, the challenges one faces, the fears and insecurities of the human mind.

Full Review Here:
Jul 31, 2014 Dee rated it liked it
Was an good book overall. I personally found it a little annoying where there were grammatical errors. But otherwise, a good theme, and moral brought out well. It was brief, some scenes were described well, while others were a bit overdramatic. Pick it up if u enjoy Indian writing:)
Meera rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Tejus rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Ashish rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2013
Shubham Sharma
Shubham Sharma rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Karthikeyan P
Karthikeyan P rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Saravanan Pandi
Saravanan Pandi rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Karan sharma
Aug 09, 2014 Karan sharma rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Everyone who enjoyed the Alchemist
Anupam Mishra
Anupam Mishra rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2013
Charush Gupta
Charush Gupta rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
THE COVER 3 7 Aug 04, 2014 10:20AM
Did you know? PRELUDE 1 5 Aug 04, 2014 10:13AM
Abhilash is a young Vaishnava monk residing in New Delhi, India. He studied Mass communication at Xavier’s college Mumbai. After graduation he developed an interactive learning module for National Handloom and Handicrafts Museum (NHHM). A recipient of the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Yuva Dhara Youth internship and Gandhi Fellowship Program, he has previously collaborated with United Nations Educa ...more
More about Abhilash...