Start by marking “The Bridge of the Americas: A Jack Sloan Novel” as Want to Read:
The Bridge of the Americas: A Jack Sloan Novel

The Bridge of the Americas: A Jack Sloan Novel (Border Wars Trilogy #3)

A young girl is murdered on a dark highway during the winter of 1995. Fifteen years later, the crime sets in motion a string of events that provoke carnage and mayhem. Jack Sloan and his girlfriend, Darlene, are caught in the middle. It's up to them to find a way out. Readers of other Jack Sloan novels will recognize the geography of the beautiful barrancas and the Sangre ...more
Published June 19th 2013 by Strategic Book Publishing & Rights Agency, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge of the Americas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridge of the Americas

Bill Ward
Apr 12, 2014 Bill Ward rated it it was amazing
This is an exciting roller coaster of a thriller ride, which gripped me from the first few pages and I couldn't put down.
We have an interesting group of characters with a likeable hero in Jack Sloan and baddies that aren't always bad. The characters have depth and the writing is high quality. I particularly liked the scenes with Mattie who has no compunction about one minute having sex with men or women and the next minute killing them.
The author introduces several strands to the story and then
Sandra
Jul 19, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it
This gripping crime thriller is told in the first-person of the main character, casino businessman and tough guy Jack Sloan, and alternates with third-person accounts from other characters who play key roles in the story. Author Larry Seeley intrigues us with a colorful cast of scheming personalities and weaves their interactions with skill as he drives the major plot and subplots of the novel forward.

The dialogue is crisp, the characters are cold and calculating for the most part (after all, we
Charline Ratcliff
Aug 28, 2013 Charline Ratcliff rated it really liked it
I was recently asked if I would be interested in reading/reviewing “The Bridge of the Americas: A Jack Sloan Novel” by author, Larry Seeley. I found the book’s title to be unusual, and after reading the synopsis, I realized I was very familiar with this bridge. I just never knew what its actual name was. I lived in Phoenix, Arizona for many years so, every time I did a road trip and passed through El Paso, I would see this bridge. That fact, coupled with the “about” blurb, intrigued me, and I ...more
Barry
Dec 29, 2013 Barry rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
I received this book through a First Reads Goodreads giveaway.

I think it's important to state that I have not read any of the other books in the trilogy and therefore my review should be read in this context.

Spoilers will be in my review below.

Jack Sloan gets an invite to act as a consultant on a new casino on Native American tribal land. Quickly it becomes clear the deal is murky and a tale of bribery, corruption and murder develops.

Most of the major players in the novel are of dubious charact
David Richardson
Mar 02, 2014 David Richardson rated it really liked it
This is an action packed book that is really fast paced. Not many slow spots in this one and the mostly short chapters make it really easy to read. Cover says it is the third book in a trilogy, but it "stood alone" very well. I didn't feel lost at all.
I received this book for free, but I am not really sure where it came from. Maybe direct from the author?
Now here is a little spoiler below so stop here if you don't want to know:

Two of the bad guys get away at the end. I hope Mattie shows up in a
Keola
Jan 02, 2014 Keola rated it really liked it
This was a good book with an easy to follow story line. The character build up was great, and I didn't need to read the prior books to understand the story. Overall a nice, easy read, both enjoyable and exciting.
Larry Seeley
Mar 17, 2015 Larry Seeley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Staggeringly good. Great adventure and protagonist. Inside details about the drug war and Mexican/American law enforcement. Well-written, rather in the style of Hemingway. I highly recommend this novel and its predecessors: Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves, and 17 Degrees North.
Jamie Strong
Jamie Strong rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Pattimari
Pattimari rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Megan Schacht
Megan Schacht rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
OrchardBookClub
OrchardBookClub marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Kim Hathorn
Kim Hathorn marked it as to-read
Jazz
Jazz marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Teresa Lavender
Teresa Lavender marked it as to-read
Kirsty
Kirsty marked it as to-read
Haven Gordon
Haven Gordon marked it as to-read
Laura Dobb
Laura Dobb marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Margaret Dunlop-carr
Margaret Dunlop-carr marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Larry Hall
Larry Hall marked it as to-read
Richard Hicks
Richard Hicks marked it as to-read
Miranda Wood
Miranda Wood marked it as to-read
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Patricia Bergman
Patricia Bergman marked it as to-read
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Xeno
Xeno marked it as to-read
Michelle & Tony
Michelle & Tony marked it as to-read
Joyce Yanney
Joyce Yanney marked it as to-read
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Kathy Lavoie
Kathy Lavoie marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen marked it as to-read
Melissa ahmed
Melissa ahmed marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Book giveaways 1 3 Jan 22, 2014 12:50PM
Reviews 1 1 Jan 05, 2014 07:35PM
Feedback 1 1 Dec 19, 2013 09:39AM
Goodreads giveaways 1 1 Dec 03, 2013 12:28PM
  • Terminal Justice
  • Hilltop Sunset
  • Hit List
  • The Rainy Day Killer (Donaghue and Stainer Crime Novel #4)
  • Game Theory (Katerina Carter Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • InSight
  • Too Quiet In Brooklyn (Fina Fitzgibbons, #1)
  • Deadly as Nature: Envy Spawns Grief (Pepper Bibeau Mysteries, #2)
  • Her Secret Bodyguard
  • Cliff Diver (Emilia Cruz Mysteries, #1)
  • Stone Cold
  • Ethan Justice: Origins (Ethan Justice, #1)
  • Dangerous Waters (The Guernsey Novels, #1)
  • The Lies Have It
  • The Tragedy of Woman
  • Desolation Row
  • The Game You Played
  • The Evil Beneath
Larry Seeley, author of the award-winning mystery/suspense novel, Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves (April 2010) and new followup, 17 Degrees North (March 2012), is the ex-CEO of the world’s largest privately-owned training company, the former CEO of the gaming firm that built the first Native casino in Maritime Canada, and a former professional blackjack player.

He and his wife, Katie, live twenty mile
More about Larry Seeley...

Border Wars Trilogy (3 books)
  • Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves